Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Episode 2

Haha, I love the repetition gags in this one. They keep the bathing and partying thing going (love how Megumin gets added beside Aqua later), and then we get new ones like the eaten-by-frog thing. Megumin seems all phony, that it's neat that she can actually do cool, powerful stuff (so not at first like Aqua's efforts to do that), but then there's a catch with the limited practicality. Love how she blackmails her way in. The band of idiots expands and it's still quite hilarious. Now looking forward to more of what's up with Darkness too.

Comment

I will happily join this chorus. Funniest show of this season, and of its type in a very long time. Wonderful, simple timing on the jokes. And somehow the obviously budgeted animation kind of adds to it. (They seem to save it for the power-up/battle shots; but that still of Kazuma jumping in with Aqua's feet sticking out of a toad's mouth is really perfect.) And, ha, a chuunibyou in an actual fantasy world, with actual (greatly inneficient) power. I'm surprised that hasn't been taken advantage of before, but you need this kind of show to pull it off.

Can't wait to see what Darkness's issue is...
      Last edited by bctaris; 01-21-2016, 03:02 PM.
      Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
      TFP Forum Rules

Comment

This was another stupid episode. It would have been more fun to watch if Deen wasn't sleeping on the job. They diverted all their attention to Showa Genruko and ignored this. But at least they didn’t forget to make it funny.

Kazuma is getting more and more incompetent nutjobs in his party. First there was a weak goddess who only has flashy moves which lack any strength, and now he has a loli who doesn't want to learn any kind of magic unless it blows things up. Blowing things up is cool and all, but there are other violence moves too out there. Now he finds a bishoujo with a sword who has started to act funny while putting forward her request to join the party. Poor Kazuma.
        My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

Episode 3

That skill is quite the steal.

Darkness is a clumsy crusader, and her friend Chris is a thief that teaches Kazuma how to steal for the price of a drink. While Kazuma did learn the skill, he's stealing panties rather than anything that's actually useful to an adventurer. Then a bunch of cabbages come attacking and Darkness can only defend as she's swinging and missing with her sword, while Megumin finishes them off with her once-a-day explosion spell.

This show continues to be very funny, and I really like Darkness as she fits right in with the group being unable to hit anything with her sword. And all of those flying cabbages make for an amusing emergency quest seeing that Darkness has high defense stats. Not to mention, Aqua spent her points on a skill that's useful for daily life, but not so much in combat.

So with that, I have become hooked on this show, and it's locked into my watchlist this season.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nene Yoshiro, Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
          Watching: Luck & Logic, Soul Link, Happiness, Toonami Stuff
          Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 3

I like how we get a DNA animation. That's a rather unique way, I think, of showing an RPG skill being learned. And Kazuma's thieving skill ends up being fixated on certain item. Chris's confident demeanor she had the whole time evaporates just like that (turned out to be just what he needed... ) I'm wondering if there's eventually going to be a joke about him trying to use it on Aqua, since it doesn't really seem like she wears any...

I knew his line of reasoning in trying to deter Darkness from joining was just going to make her want to do it even more. She's a hilarious masochist, made all the better with Kayano superbly voicing an unusual role for her.

Hah, I love how the atmosphere of a serious impending threat coming is drummed up, and in comes... cabbage! Darkness and Megumin may both have a rather limited, eccentric skill set, but they do come in handy.

There's really only been three episodes of this? Almost feels like I've gotten a whole season's worth of laughs.
            Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 01-27-2016, 09:24 PM.

Comment

That's some harem Kazuma recruited here - an airhead goddess, a one-trick chuunibyou with a flare for the dramatics, and a masochist crusader. If you're having trouble defeating a swarm of flying cabbage, then good luck defeating the Demon King with this troop, Kazuma .

Well no doubt this is the best comedy of the season, and it became my second-favorite show this season (right behind the awesome ERASED). Potential import series for me unless it gets picked up domestically.
              Currently Watching | MAL Profile
              Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Kazuma is truly the worst of the worst. Good to see the series doesn't pull any punches with that. He deserves every hardship that he comes across. I'm sure Megumin wishes she had Darkness's name. This really is the perfect party for Darkness, considering the kind of misfortune they tend to find themselves in.
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I gotta admit ... panty-snatching would be a pretty cool skill. DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD??? Yep, that's quite the elite team Kazuma is building to take on the Devil King. Not sure which party is more useless: this one or the knobs from Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                    There's really only been three episodes of this? Almost feels like I've gotten a whole season's worth of laughs.
                    Ha, I'm not the only one. Most laugh out loud series in awhile. This episode started slow in that department...until the skill acquirement. All of this humor, in fact, has worked so well because it hits right at the audience's softspots--all otaku-themed in-jokes. But played so absurd it never gets too arcane; it's maybe not as funny if you don't know the concept of the virginal NEET, a chuunibyou, a 'rotten girl,' and, of course, all the RPG stuff--but it would still be pretty funny.
                    Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
                    TFP Forum Rules

Comment

Love Kazuma's unimpressed expressions over everyone's incompetence. :D Definitely another episode filled with laughs; though I wonder where Chris disappeared to during the whole cabbage quest. Looks like they completely forgot about her in that last segment.

Comment

This series has gotten better with each episode. Episode 1 was hysterical with the whole death of Kazuma. Then, we end with a perverse version (sort of) of Ah! My Goddess. Episode 2 was funny with the addition of Megumin, although I thought it didn't reach some of the comic highs of Ep. 1, it was across the board funnier. And now, Ep. 3, with the addition of Darkness, a heroic Crusader who entered into her profession well aware of the erotic fate that awaits female knights at the hands of the Demon King, a fate that can't come soon enough for her (her thoughts, not mine, heh). A total and complete masochist, Darkness wins the comedy prize to date, although Kazuma's panty-steal ability was fun, and, of course, the attack of the Killer Cabbages (I do wonder about tomatoes on this world). Darkness reminded me quite a bit of her fellow M, Paladin from last year's poor-starting comedy (though it did manage to hit its stride), Bikini Warriors.

Comedy of the season? Certainly looks that way.
                        My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
                        1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
                        2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
                        3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

I think I know how they will kill the demon lord. The demon lord will die from laughter have seeing this bungling group of heroes.
                          Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

This episode had quite a lot of wtf moments. Like seriously, flying cabbage? God dammit this world is stupid!

Kazuma has been forced to take in the masochistically clumsy blonde crusader. He tried to not let her in since two idiots were more than enough for him.

His stealing ability is pretty cool. It was predictable how his first use turned out though. I mean, it was pretty obvious that he wouldn't steal anything from that girl beside her panties – nevertheless, I lolled at that scene. And then they just have to make up some weird sounding story lol.

The best thing about this is easily Kazuma's reactions to the immense stupidity going on around him. His reactions make the girls' idiocy more funny. Now his retarded harem is complete – time to fight the enemy I guess.
                            My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

Wait, so did Megumin actually use a different incantation for Explosion than the previous episode is was it just a case of translation differences? Well at least the animation changed a bit, but I kind of had to.

Fully expecting the Demon Lord to be female & her panties to be the source of her powers.

Comment

Well, I had overlooked this series when the first previews went up, and then I actually started watching KonoSuba...

This is my favorite anime series of the season so far. Definitely makes up for the disappointment that Gate has turned into. And we get another Ai Kayano character!

C.T.
                                You never know who you might be walking next to one day - LT Michael P. Murphy, USN, MOH, 28 June 2005 - Penn State Class of 1998

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X