X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2016] Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    この素晴らしい世界に祝福を!

A show about an otaku who has died and gone to heaven. Well, not quite as while he is blessed by a goddess, he's not exactly at peace as there's a demon king after his head.

Airs: Wednesday, January 13

Studio: Deen

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Kazuma Satō is a hikikomori (shut-in) die-hard fan of games, anime, and manga. A traffic accident brings his disappointingly brief life to an end, or it should have, but he wakes up and sees a beautiful girl who introduces herself as a goddess. She asks him if he'd like to go to another world but he can only bring one thing with him. Kazumi chooses to bring the goddess. With that, he is transported to another world and his great adventure subjugating the demon king begins, but first the hard work of finding food, clothing, and shelter begins. Kazuma wants to live in peace, but the goddess raises one problem after another, and then the demon king's army has its eyes set on him.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    Last edited by Buckeye; 01-14-2016, 08:49 PM.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

He's died and gone to an RPG world.

It all starts with Kazuma being a shut-in otaku dying after being run over by a big rig saving a girl. Or rather dying from the shock of thinking that's what was going on when in truth it was only a tractor that would have stopped. Thus, he is given the offer to go to heaven where it's boring, or to a fantasy world where he could bring one thing, and that is the goddess Aqua. So he begins his adventure in this RPG-like fantasy world where he doesn't even have resources to get started, and he ends up working as a laborer to earn enough to start his adventure.

That was a pretty fun start. The concept is pretty silly, but one that has entertainment value. Of course, Deen's track record has been spotty, and seeing that they are the ones doing this show that my enthusiasm for this show just isn't there, but overall it looks to be a fun show. I'll keep on watching for now.
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Haha... I think this is one of the more hilarious starts of the season for me. It's fun how much Kazuma and Aqua keep taking turns being at each other's mercy for various reasons. With Aqua's job, at first I was wondering how she was going to continue being a main character (as it seems from the key visuals), and then we see exactly how in the most amusing fashion. Aqua didn't have much job security there. :D And then Kazuma thinks his RPG knowledge is going to come in handy, but everything is twisted around. No starting money or equipment, and there in the midst of a peaceful monster-cleared area with nothing for the former NEET to do but become a slice-of-life manual laborer. Definitely curious to see how the humor plays out as they set out and meet more characters.

Comment

It's not going to get many points for originality, but it's one of those shows that takes very common tropes and uses them successfully enough to be a good deal of fun. I'm on board. At first it was amazingly like YYH, but then of course it followed in the footsteps of many other series.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Wow, can I get with a side of ass? The animators were clearly enamored with Aqua's ass (does she even wear pantsu?). Anyway a cute show and pretty funny too. SAO this ain't.
          Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

This was somewhat hilarious. Lol how the MC died. Nopan Aqua was the focus of this episode and I'm not sure if that was intentional or not. I was waiting for a joke or something about her apparent lack of underwear but there wasn't any. It had some fun bits but I'm not sure if I want to go ahead with this.
            My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

I came, I saw, I larfed. Loved Aqua's summation of how Kazuma croaked. Not quite the glorious death he had envisioned. Then it was nice to see the tables turned and she gets sucked into Kazuma's plight. Looking forward to the intro of the other characters seen in the ED.

Comment

Re: Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Discussion Thread

Edit (and 'reply with quote') isn't working right now (for me at least) so I'll note this here instead, Buckeye: ANN link goes to Schwarzes Marken at the moment...
                Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
                Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
                Please Support The Fandom Post

Comment

It may be getting near to being run into the ground at this point, but that's two shows this season smartly messing with the life-as/trapped-in-a-game story (otherwise still in the old transported-to-another-world genre, which this is more firmly calling back to). This is the comedic one, of course, and as Library-chan sagely notes is a little preoccupied with posteriors, but I did love that almost brilliant montage sequence after joining the guild. Wonderful way to mess with that expectation; and better yet, wonderful way to mess with expectations in general--gives me the sense (I hope) that I won't be able to predict the adventure to come very well.
                  Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
                  Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
                  Please Support The Fandom Post

Comment

Pretty fun start of what appears to be a potentially good series. Though while it's one of the better introductory episodes of the season, it's unfortunate the artwork is oftentimes pretty bad...the characters never really stayed consistent throughout, seemingly off-model across various frames, and poorly detailed, etc., with the NPC art appearing just plain lazy/hideous. Hopefully it'll improve as the series progresses, though seeing how bad it is right now, I guess I shouldn't set my expectations too high.

Comment

Episode 2

This chuunibyou is a blast.

First quest is to kill five giant frogs, and Aqua keeps getting eaten only for Kazuma to save her. Then the wizard Megumin joins the party to help out with the rest of the frogs, but she only knows explosive magic and as such, she's quickly out of power. And here comes a female knight known as Darkness to join the party.

That was pretty funny, especially the parts where Aqua keeps on being eaten. I would have to think that Megumin came to this world under similar circumstances that Kazuma did, and while living in Japan she was a chuunibyou. In this situation, being a chuunibyou is perfectly fine because she's living in that world. And then there's Darkness entering the scene, and I wonder how she got that name.

Anyway, this show has been a pleasant surprise this season and it certainly making a strong case for a spot on my watchlist. I'll make that decision after another episode of this, but so far its prospects are promising.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

:D This show is freakin' hilarious and a lot of fun to watch, despite the lackadaisical effort of animation by DEEN. Aqua's awesome and a lot of fun with her haughty attitude about being such a "great" goddess only to get eaten (twice) by the giant toads, and Megumin has potential to be an interesting character to watch. Definite keeper for me this season.
                        Currently Watching | MAL Profile
                        Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Originally posted by Sabure View Post
                          :D This show is freakin' hilarious and a lot of fun to watch, despite the lackadaisical effort of animation by DEEN.
                          Indeed. The comedy, while repetitive, is more enjoyable than Dagashikashi's repetitive nature. I think a lot has to do with the dialog, especially when it involves Kazuma pointing out the reality of society back in the real world. Having him compare those issues to his current situation is hilarious.

Comment

I do enjoy series like this when they don't take themselves seriously whatsoever. This one is a good example of that, and it continues to be very fun as a result. And even though it's basically getting transported into a game, something about it being a real world that happens to follow RPG mechanics tends to be more enjoyable to me for whatever reason. The attitude it has toward it all definitely helps. Nothing great by any means, but worth watching.
                            My Top Anime | Manga
                            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                            My FP Reviews | Twitter
                            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Only two eppies in, I'm calling this one now: Konosuba is the funniest show of the Winter. With ERASED delivering on the drama front and Konsuba on the comedy side, January is a lot less bleak than it could have been. I LOVE ANIME!!! Poor Kazuma. It seems to be his fate to be surrounded by cute yet ultimately useless girls. Oh well, there are worse ways to die, I guess.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X