X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2016] Rainbow Days Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    虹色デイズ

A show about the daily lives of four boys. They study and talk about romance. The episodes are half-length with a behind-the-scenes look of the show hosted by the seiyuus.

Airs: Sunday, January 10

Studio: Production Reed

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Funimation

The series details the lives of four main characters named Natsuki, Tomoya, Keiichi, and Tsuyoshi. They spend their days trying to have fun by finishing their studies and debating about romance. Natsuki, one of the main characters, has a crush on a girl named Anna at school, while others often get involved in their relationship.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Sitonai, Fate/Grand Order
    Watching: Galaxy Angel, Rayearth, Arte, City Hunter
    Simulcasts: EES-2, HIQ-4, GKY-3, IMH-2, DUN-3, IOR-3, STW-3, A3A-2, INU-Y, KHO, DBG, HIG-G, JJK, MTP, TKW, A3A, ASH, ADV, TSZ, K3B, MWZ, SLP, JEL, SDF, GBF-G, RRQ, DCF, 1RM-3
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Think before you act.

Poor Natsuki got dumped on Christmas Eve. He found another girl he has his sights set on, and little did he know that she works as a waitress at the karaoke place. Just when he thought he had the chance to be the hero with two shady guys cornering the girl, he totally misunderstood the situation as those are foreigners who just need assistance. Talk about being totally misguided.

And then there's the Club Rainbow segment. Here, Natsuki's seiyuu goes out to Sapporo in the fall wearing a t-shirt and shorts, while holding a bug net and that was funny. Then there's the curry at maximum spiciness that looks pretty good. Anyway, this show is pretty funny, but it doesn't have much appeal to me. I'll keep on watching for the time being.
    Simulcasts: EES-2, HIQ-4, GKY-3, IMH-2, DUN-3, IOR-3, STW-3, A3A-2, INU-Y, KHO, DBG, HIG-G, JJK, MTP, TKW, A3A, ASH, ADV, TSZ, K3B, MWZ, SLP, JEL, SDF, GBF-G, RRQ, DCF, 1RM-3
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

I don't know if it's partly due to lowered expectations since most "cute boys doing cute things" shows I've come across fail to make much of an impression, but I kind of liked this one. Seems worth sticking around for more episodes.

Comment

I might give this another episode since it's only half length but it didn't make too much of an impression. The subverted trope of the menacing foreigners was funny, though.

Comment

For a half-length cute boys show, this could've been a lot worse, but it is still a half-length cute boys show. If it was cleverly tongue-in-cheek with its content I might be able to get behind it more, but while not especially bad it also doesn't do anything to really appeal, just meandering along in fluff. The production isn't too strong either, though that's also to be expected for shows with limited running times.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Episode 2

Anything that comes between them goes into the garbage.

Natsuki and Anna may be meant for each other, but not if her best friend Mari has any say in the matter seeing that she spits on Mattsun and swipes those chocolates that Natsuki made for Anna to throw in the garbage. That was pretty funny seeing Mari go into yandere mode like that. While she may have Anna's best interest in mind, that's not something for her to decide. This show continues to be amusing seeing all of these boys acting so dumb.

This week's Club Rainbow segment features Natsuki's seiyuu crossdressing, and he looks pretty good in those outfits. But of course, there's a practical reason why guys don't wear high heels as Matsuoka found out.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Natsuki continues to be so cute with his misunderstandings about Anna. Interesting to see what Mari brings to the mix, though. Anna being an oddball meant she didn't have to fend off guys before, but there's a whole group that comes with Natsuki's attention. Moenai (not just in words, but in actions: trashing chocolates in rather low) girl of course ends up having some moe points in the end. I'm curious to see how things go with Tomoya: I like to see flirty guys thrown off their routine, hopefully in an endearing way.

Comment

Episode 3

It's for their own good.

With the boys in need to pass their make-up exams after doing so poorly, they come over to Tsuyoshi's place where they are introduced to his girlfriend Yukiko while Anna also comes over. It turns out that they were never in any danger of having to repeat a year as the make-up exams are just a way to get the boys to take their studies more seriously. That's a nice episode there as Yukiko is really cute and that interaction between Natsuki and Anna is funny.

So with that, I'll give this show one more episode before deciding if I want to keep on watching this or not. So far, it has been a surprisingly entertaining show seeing that bishonen romance shows aren't my type of show.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Definitely surprising to see Tsuyoshi and Yukiko as a couple - I liked that we got to see a glimpse of how they are by themselves as well. They seem mismatched on the surface but obviously it works!

Comment

Re: Episode 3

It got so sweet and adorable there at the end with Nacchan and Kobayakawa. I wonder how long it will be until we get them as an official pair. Tsuyopon and Yukirin make for quite the interesting and fun otaple foil, too. I like the vibe I'm getting with the romance in this show, where it seems each main character will be paired up with a different person. At least for now, it doesn't feel like the usual where we get harems, love triangles, or exclusively non-romantic yuri/yaoi teasing.

Comment

Episode 4

He's an S, but when it comes to girls he's an M.

Here is an episode about Keiichi, and he's quite the sadist seeing that he's being left out of the look while his friends go spending too much time with girls. Natsuki has been put on the ropes seeing that Keiichi would have done that if it weren't for Taizou, and he joins the committee to be close with Anna. That was pretty funny seeing Keiichi going crazy.

So with that, the trial period for this show has ended, and at this time I won't make a decision on whether or not I will keep on watching. But I'll make the decision once I see through the trial periods of all other bubble shows.

Comment

Re: Episode 4

Those moments where Kobayakawa smiles continue to be so wonderful. Looks like there's more progress there. As for Tomoya and Mari, not sure if there's much there, but still rather curious about where that will go. And then we have one cute otaple moment too. And that just leaves...

Heh, a good bit of focus on the oddball sadist Keiichi this time after not having too much on him before, particularly since he is the only not really matched up in any way yet. It's not surprising his hobbies are a turnoff to the regular girls who may be interested in him. Knew that confession was probably not going to go well. Actually got to be a bit heartwarming with him, though, as we got to learning he was a bit of a loner before getting in with this group of friends, and these are friends that are there for him when they're worried.

Comment

Episode 5

Tennis anyone?

Natsuki totally sucks at baseball, and now he and his friends are challenged to a tennis match against some college students. Natsuki used to be on his middle school tennis team, but the atmosphere wasn't exactly pleasant there, so he quit. Up first are Mattun and Tsuyopon, and they both get owned. In comes Natsuki and Keiichi, and they win their match to get the racket returned, all while the challenger is subjected to Keiichi's sadism. It turns out that the challenger was on the school's tennis team and he is friends with Natsuki. That's a good way for Natsuki to rediscover his passion for tennis.

So with that, seeing that I have space for this show among the shorts that was created with Tantei Team KZ having already finished up that I will keep on watching this show. It certainly has been a pleasant surprise seeing that this is the type of show that I'm normally not too invested in.

Comment

Re: Episode 5

Hehe... seeing the "slave" condition offered for the win, I just knew we were going to get a joke on Keiichi's sadism. Nice to see Natsuki show some confidence and enthusiasm at something.

Comment

Episode 6

Crossdressing for the win.

Just like what Natsuki's seiyuu did in the first Club Rainbow episode, Natsuki is crossdressing, and as much as he hates it, he did gain quite a lot of fans. But of course, it was painful for him not only because Tsuyopon flexed his festival committee muscle to make Natsuki go trap, but he had a falling out with Anna. But that got resolved once Anna realized that she was also responsible, and it helped that the competition was delayed to get everything back in order. Great to see things ending up all well and good.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X