X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2016] Ooya-san wa Shishunki! Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    大家さんは思春期!

A short about a middle school girl who happens to be the landlord of an apartment complex.

Airs: Sunday, January 10

Studio: Seven Arcs

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

The protagonist is living alone for the first time after finding employment. At his tiny, no-bath apartment he finds a landlord who looks like a little sister. She does the cooking and housework, so sometimes she seems like a grandmother, but she also enjoys a normal middle school life with her friends.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

That was pretty cute seeing that Chie is such a responsible little girl there. It's hard to believe that she's the landlord, but she does have what it takes to manage this place. Certainly this works well for two minutes each week.
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Exactly the type of story I always like, the "family" of neighbors in an apartment house. Always oddballs, of course. With the run time, it reminds me a little of the zanier Yurumates3D. Chie was amusing; I guess having her middle school instead of elementary makes her a little more charming. (Though hope they don't push the relationship jokes too far past what they did here.)
      Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
      Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
      Please Support The Fandom Post

Comment

Re: Episode 1

The synopsis was almost the same length as the episode and series title and it told me everything about the episode itself. That's what two minutes will get you, I guess. A kinda-joke or two. Doesn't work for me.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

Chie really loves uniforms seeing that she wears them even on off days, and she's such an excellent cook. This apartment complex sure is grateful to have her around.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
            Chie really loves uniforms seeing that she wears them even on off days, and she's such an excellent cook. This apartment complex sure is grateful to have her around.
            That's about the all of it. Well...

Originally posted by bctaris View Post
            (Though hope they don't push the relationship jokes too far past what they did here.)
            Charm of the setup didn't last too long. I guess having Mayu around is supposed to make the adoration of Chie more innocent, but it's still just comes off slightly creepy. "Indirect kiss" with a middle-schooler?

Comment

Charm of the setup didn't last too long. I guess having Mayu around is supposed to make the adoration of Chie more innocent, but it's still just comes off slightly creepy. "Indirect kiss" with a middle-schooler?
              yeah, a 'dafuq' moment, though I sensed it was coming...especially with a series basically entitled 'Landlord is in Puberty'.

Comment

So Chie is popular with her tenants. Hopefully they can keep the number of characters down. As for things being creepy or not. In a vacuum, the whole indirect kiss thing would be creepy by either of them assuming you leave it "It's only bad if it's guy" or "It's only wrong if it's a girl" biases.

However considering what other series I've seen, this is tame. Saying that might just show a bigger problem. Granted anime is weird in that "sexualization" of characters in one show is creepy, but not in another. Even if the characters are the same age. I think part of it has to do with drawing style.

Yeah, I've watched too many anime series.
                "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
                Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Episode 3

With Reiko away, Chie wants somebody to sleep next to and Maeda is there for her seeing that she has a fear of being stalked. Someone was out there the next day, but it was her classmate. That was really cute seeing Chie sleeping right beside Maeda.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

That was really cute seeing Chie sleeping right beside Maeda.
                    Liked how she subconsciously pounded his hand away just as she fell asleep. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
                      Did it actually come off not as loaded with more creepy inference than it seemed? I just had it with the episode's premise and cut out just after the OP. ... Think I'll let this short go.

Comment

Did it actually come off not as loaded with more creepy inference than it seemed? I just had it with the episode's premise and cut out just after the OP. ... Think I'll let this short go.
                        It came out to be the same, if not just a tad more. I suppose the scene I referenced was innocuous in the sense of a 'parent' reassuring their 'child'- nothing really malicious as it didn't go anywhere, but it was at the end where this 'familial-type relationship' was asserted by Chie-chan that Maeda was disappointed it only amounted to that, as if he was expecting it to be more . Now that was disturbing.

Comment

Episode 4

And now, Chie has become Maeda's personal servant. Seeing that she does have a spare key to all the rooms that she's out to get close to everybody seeing that it's more convenient to use their kitchen.

So with that, I'll have a decision to make between this show and the magical girl short to round off my watchlist for this season.

Comment

Re: Episode 4

Chie needs to learn how to give advance notice about entering a tenancy :D ...unless Japan's regulations/practices don't have this; though I would think at least some courtesy would be respected.

Comment

Re: Episode 4

Chie needs to learn how to give advance notice about entering a tenancy :D ...unless Japan's regulations/practices don't have this; though I would think at least some courtesy would be respected.
                              Something tells me Maeda doesn't really mind Chie shredding standard landlord/tenant protocol...

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X