X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2016] Sekko Boys Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    石膏ボーイズ

A show about four Greek sculptures who are actually idols, and a girl who has her hands full trying to manage them.

Airs: Friday, January 8

Studio: Liden Films

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    TFP News/Reviews
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Four gypsum images with quirky personalities are part of an idol unit produced by a rookie female manager. The four members are soldier saint George, the amorous god of war Mars, the multitalent with a beautiful skin Hermes, and celebrity pioneer Medici.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    Last edited by Chris Beveridge; 01-08-2016, 12:51 PM.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Sitonai, Fate/Grand Order
    Watching: Galaxy Angel, Rayearth, Arte, City Hunter
    Simulcasts: EES-2, HIQ-4, GKY-3, IMH-2, DUN-3, IOR-3, STW-3, A3A-2, INU-Y, KHO, DBG, HIG-G, JJK, MTP, TKW, A3A, ASH, ADV, TSZ, K3B, MWZ, SLP, JEL, SDF, GBF-G, RRQ, DCF, 1RM-3
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

No matter what Miki does, Greek sculptures will always follow her. She thought that by ditching art school to be a talent manager that she would finally be free of them. But little did she know that she ended up becoming the manager for idols who are talking sculptures. That was pretty funny to see Miki go crazy at the sight of those sculptures seeing that this would be the last place she would see them.
    Simulcasts: EES-2, HIQ-4, GKY-3, IMH-2, DUN-3, IOR-3, STW-3, A3A-2, INU-Y, KHO, DBG, HIG-G, JJK, MTP, TKW, A3A, ASH, ADV, TSZ, K3B, MWZ, SLP, JEL, SDF, GBF-G, RRQ, DCF, 1RM-3
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Haha, it was lot of fun seeing Miki get pumped up, when we knew there was exasperating experience in store for her after all she said about art school. She just can't escape those statues. :D

"We used to be a talent agency for humans, but we got sick of workin' with them. These guys, on the other hand, have profiles set in stone." Love the commentary there. I wonder if the strange idea of this show started from there.

Comment

I think my anime idol fandom has ascended to a whole new level. Looking forward to more!

Now to debate internally who is best Sekkou Boy... currently torn between Hermes and Medici...
        Still alive and lurking.

Avatar: Arisu from The [email protected]: Cinderella Girls, representing my state after each workday.

Comment

When I read the synopsis for this series, I though this would be the stupidest thing I'll ever see. But to my surprise it turned out to be extremely funny. We'll see if they will keep it up.

And I vouch for Hermes as the best of the Sekkou Boys.
          Currently Watching | MAL Profile
          Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Well that's one hell of a bizarre premise for a show. I'll give it credit for being unique, I guess. I think I liked the episode title more than the episode.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Hits keep coming with shorts this season. (Might even throw in the 13-minute Rainbow Days for some surprising minor amusement.) Had not a clue about this one, and couldn't think it really does involve statues...but they know how to sell it, with Miki's character. From the pink streak in her hair in her art-school self, to her shattered straight-banged young professional image, she is all fun.
              Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
              TFP Forum Rules

Comment

Episode 2

Poor Miki is having a hard time putting up with these sculpture heads. As if transporting them when she just got her driving license isn't tough enough, she has to cart them everywhere and there are a lot of obstacles in the way. And then comes the idol Mira, and she made quite an impression on those boys. That was pretty funny.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

This show is a thing of beauty.

And the best is obviously Giorgio.

Comment

Originally posted by bctaris View Post
                    From the pink streak in her hair in her art-school self, to her shattered straight-banged young professional image, she is all fun.
                    I like that we're getting quite a few office-suited female protagonists this season, between this, Ojisan and Marshmallow, and Active Raid.

Originally posted by _PS_ View Post
                    And the best is obviously Giorgio.
                    It's hard to beat a dragon slayer voiced by Sugita Tomokazu.

Mira and her enthusiasm for "Ishibo" is fun, as is the boys' reaction to it. "You're so hard!" This show makes for some great lines. I just now realize, with that nickname coming up, about Ishimoto have "stone" (ishi) in her name. Haha, of course.

Comment

This show is so weird lol. I mean, doesn't anyone wonder how the hell a bunch of stone sculptures are talking and idols on top of that? Or is Isshie the only one who got surprised by that? Maybe there are other weird stuff like this in the idol business. Would be fun if this is the case
                      My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

I still think the concept of this show is stupid, but it's too hilarious and entertaining for me to care .
                        Currently Watching | MAL Profile
                        Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Episode 3

Medici sure has what it takes to hit it big on the live action scene. He could be walking the red carpet if only he could actually walk. Miki sure has her hands full, but she's getting to know everybody.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Heh, Giorgio acts so cool and reassuring with Miki over her concerns about revealing Medici's big part, but in the end he's still angling to get Mira's phone number. :D

And as for Medici's part. I was figuring it was not a regular role in the way he was thinking, but only being used in a way a sculpture could. So that's his critical part: as a murder weapon. Loved the reveal there.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Oh my gosh, Medici. He's definitely my second favorite, I think, though I still have to put Tomokazu Sugita's Giorgio first. But that was hilarious. I had a feeling he was going to end up just being a prop but I do love that they act like it's his big break. I love the silliness of this ridiculous premise played straight.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X