• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OVA episode

Originally posted by kijakusai View Post
    Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
    I feel like I've seen a similar joke to that in something else
    Oh, Yes, probably you have seen the 'Curry udon's curry spatters someone's clothes' joke in anime/manga. ^_^
    The 'Curry udon's curry spatters someone's clothes' thing has appeared also in the 'prelude' chapter of Volume 1 of the Galko-chan manga.

Comment

Enka would seem something Ojou's style (I expect traditional Japanese things in her repertoire)
      Er―if we see the thing from a different point of view, it might suggest that Ojō is a daughter of a big shot in the underworld. It is a popular belief that yakuza like enka.
      In Volume 1, referring to cutlery, Ojō has said, 'Yappa.' 'Yappa' is an argot word which is used by yakuza and which means edged tools such as daggers and knives. Respectable people don't use the word 'yappa'.
      As you can see in The Outfit by Richard Stark, a daughter of the boss of an organisation like the Outfit can pass for a girl from a rich good family.

Comment

Er―if we see the thing from a different point of view, it might suggest that Ojō is a daughter of a big shot in the underworld. It is a popular belief that yakuza like enka.
        In Volume 1, referring to cutlery, Ojō has said, 'Yappa.' 'Yappa' is an argot word which is used by yakuza and which means edged tools such as daggers and knives. Respectable people don't use the word 'yappa'.
        As you can see in The Outfit by Richard Stark, a daughter of the boss of an organisation like the Outfit can pass for a girl from a rich good family.
        Ah, I hadn't thought about that angle. I have seen it come up several times in anime that graceful ojousama end up being the daughter of a yakuza family, though more discreet here if that's the case.

Comment

I have seen it come up several times in anime that graceful ojousama end up being the daughter of a yakuza family,
          In famous video game Tokimeki Memorial (lit. 'Heartbeat Memorial'), one of the heroines is a mild-mannered ojō-sama. In a few scenes of the game, the player can see the father of the mild-mannered girl, and her father is depicted as being probably the boss of a yakuza organisation. Her father runs a company, but it is probably the front company for what he really does.

Comment

I have seen it come up several times in anime that graceful ojousama end up being the daughter of a yakuza family,
            In famous video game Tokimeki Memorial (lit. 'Heartbeat Memorial'), one of the heroines is a mild-mannered ojō-sama. In a few scenes of the game, the player can see the father of the mild-mannered girl, and her father is depicted as being probably the boss of a yakuza organisation. Her father runs a company, but it is probably the front company for what he really does.
            reminds me of The Gokusen. There are a few other anime (Nisekoi) with ojousama like that too, and I believe Teekyuu's very own Nasuno Takamiya is joked to being like that iirc.
            Last edited by Sensuifu; 03-10-2017, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Galko sure loves her crop tops, doesn't she. She had a different one through out the episode (almost). The sailor one was pretty cute. Also, it looks like Ojou got the whole skimpy clothes makes girl's breasts become huge moment. Good to see everybody back again (even though I forgot everybody except for the main trio and the gender swap trio). On to Yuyushiki's OVA, then Kinmoza's OVA.
              Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
                ...and I believe Teekyuu's very own Nasuno Takamiya is joked to being like that iirc.
                Yeah, I, too, have heard the theory that in reality the father of Takamiya Nasuno is the boss of a yakuza organisation.

Comment

...and I believe Teekyuu's very own Nasuno Takamiya is joked to being like that iirc.
                  Yeah, I, too, have heard the theory that in reality the father of Takamiya Nasuno is the boss of a yakuza organisation.
                  It might've been in her spin-off, I can't remember exactly, but I think the girls did joke about or were questioning some dubious methods of hers (i.e. cementing their feet and dumping them into the sea).

Comment

It might've been in her spin-off, I can't remember exactly, but I think the girls did joke about or were questioning some dubious methods of hers (i.e. cementing their feet and dumping them into the sea).
                    In Episode 53 (Season 5), Takamiya Nasuno said, 'In the bag of sausage, I put a thing which this TV show cannot depict due to the code.' And In the final scene, a yakuza came to the house in search of his yubitsumed finger. (In the manga version, what Takamiya Nasuno said was a more direct remark like 'There is a yubitsumed finger of a yakuza in the bag of sausage.' This is an example of manga's being 'edgier' than anime.)
                    Probably this is one of the scenes which suggest that Takamiya Nasuno is related to the underworld.

In the magazine version of the 'racing bicycle' chapter of the Bakuon!! manga, there had been a line which had been an edgy satire on Yowamushi Pedal. (Publishing firm Akita Shoten publishes both Bakuon!! and Yowamushi Pedal.) But the satirical line was changed to a far tamer and safer remark in the tankōbon version of the manga, and the Bakuon!! anime inherited the tamer and safer line.
                    Last edited by kijakusai; 03-13-2017, 05:30 AM.

Comment

• Re: Oshiete! Galko-chan Discussion Thread

Having finally watched the OVA, I have to say:

-Great to see everyone again.
                      -Fairly mild for an OVA; there were a number of broadcasts where the talk was more risqué.
                      -Galko's sis has a face! And is very talented in stacking R-18 magazines!
                      -All of which means I've got to re-watch the whole series again so that all the faces I forgot, I will now be able to place.

A fun episode. I, again hope that we get another season out of this someday.
                      My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
                      1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
                      2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
                      3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...
                      X