X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2016] Norn9: Norn + Nonet Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    NORN9 ノルン+ノネット

A show about nine guys and three girls on a flying ship.

Airs: Thursday, January 7

Studio: Kinema Citrus

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    TFP News/Reviews
    Official Site
    Anime Network Online / Hulu

The era where great powers of the world have all ventured overseas. Revolution and liberalism spread all over the world. Right when souls and earth are ill, a glowing sphere appeared in the sky, and removed the borders of the world. Three girls and nine young men depart together with a flying ship.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    Last edited by Buckeye; 01-07-2016, 09:22 AM.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

She's gone into the sky.

Koharu has found herself on a floating ship, and she couldn't remember her name until falling into the lake. Everybody has special powers in this place, and wars are being fought seeing that somebody is attacking there at the end. Not a bad start seeing that it was adapted from an otoge, which is generally a bad thing mainly because the MC is some helpless girl lacking in common sense, but it looks like Koharu isn't that type of person even though she had to be saved by Kakeru when she fell. It was pretty much all setup here, and the atmosphere and setting are interesting. But let's see how the next episode builds on this and how Senri's warning factors into this.
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
      Not a bad start seeing that it was adapted from an otoge, which is generally a bad thing mainly because the MC is some helpless girl lacking in common sense, but it looks like Koharu isn't that type of person even though she had to be saved by Kakeru when she fell.
      Well, this otoge actually seems to have 3 "MC's" though Koharu feels more like the usual one than the other two. I wonder if there are many otoge protags like Nanami. Seems an unusual type for the genre. Nice to vary things up, though. I assume the others will get some decent focus too with their particular "teams".

Comment

Re: Norn9: Norn + Nonet Discussion Thread

See, this is something that I could imagine being better as a visual novel (not good, mind you) but with a lousy adaptation to push it down to the level that I'd be worried about from that realm.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

Keep the peach within reach.

Those enemies came to bring down the ship, but Koharu protected the core with her special power. But while the ship is still floating, the peach tree got burned to a crisp in the process and she plants a new one. So pretty much here, Koharu's power is revealed in the form of a shield, and now mysterious are starting to pop up about what the Norn is all about seeing that a boy from the future ended up on the shop where it is 1919. Well, I'll give it one more episode seeing that I'm interested in at least knowing about the boy's situation.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...
          X