Assassination Classroom season 2 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Episode 21

This was nice. Koro-sensei decided to make a yearbook of his own to capture the fun times he spent with his students. Lol he had embarrassing pictures of his students. Putting his mach 20 speed to good use with those high-speed selfies lol.

With time having run out, the government decided to move towards their last resort, using a ginormous anti-Koro laser to kill him. The laser damages only Koro-sensei like stuff. And when catching the octopus off-guard with the ginormous laser failed, the government traps the him with a big shield made of anti-Koro material. They sure used a lot of them taxpayers money for this neko. That is assuming the Japanese were the only ones who developed this but I doubt that. The Americans and friends probably helped them out and used their taxpayers money.

The government informs the world through a press conference about the existence of a killer octopus and the methods they're using to kill him and that the octopus took some junior high kids hostage. Of course the media doesn't give a neko about anything and just goes ahead with a story. They even dismiss what the students themselves were saying about the octopus because they're stupid kids and don't know anything and were probably forced to say these things. And then the media gets a topic for their programs as they start talking about how the kids would be traumatized by the horror that occurred during the past year in the custody of the octopus. They don't bother even trying to find out what exactly happened even though that's what the media loves doing – finding out what really happened. There probably would be some tv channels doing that, but the majority doesn't care at all.

And this is a terrible situation for the kids. They wanted to kill their teacher because that's what Koro-sensei probably wants. It wouldn't sit right with them or their teacher if someone else kills Koro. Karasuma can't do anything because it's not his position to possibly put the lives of many people at risk because the probability of Koro-sensei blowing up isn't zero. But he does leave things to the kids to handle if Nagisa's interpretation of Karasuma's words is correct.

And the class makes up a plan to take on elite forces personnel in order to break out Koro-sensei and prevent the government from killing him, only to go ahead and kill him themselves lol.

This development is kinda unexpected. Not exactly what I had in mind. But I'll see where things go and how things end up.

3 hours left. Let's see if Koro-sensei is punctual when it comes to blowing up or not.
    My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

Re: Episode 21

Seemed like it wouldn't be the most eventful episode at first, but that sure changed. This should be interesting.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 22

He taught them well.

The kids manage to knock out the soldiers and reach Koro-sensei to meet with him one last time, as well as to give him his birthday cake as it was one year ago when he was reborn as Koro-sensei. But in comes Yanagisawa and the current Reaper having undergone the transformation into the tentacle monster, and the final battle is on. That was great to see how much those kids have grown and it's time for the final showdown as Yanagisawa has transformed into some giant monstrosity.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
        Watching: Stellvia, Baki, Toonami Stuff
        Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 22

Not surprising that Yanagisawa and Reaper 2.0 would be the real final enemies of the series. It's so weird how the latter was introduced considering he's one of the most important antagonists of the series. He's been built up to be one of the most formidable opponents out there, so having even greater tentacle powers than Koro-sensei definitely makes him a fearsome threat. Yanagisawa getting into the actual fighting by injecting himself with the same also provides a good cap to his endless villainy that is responsible for everything in the series.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 22

The kids going in and taking on all those soldiers was pretty damn cool. Karma taking the lead and using the assassins at his disposal so brilliantly. The last man puts up a fight but the Nagisa-Karma combo takes him down. Lol Terasaka stuns the man to put him out for good because Karma didn't kick him in the head strong enough.

Koro-sensei tells the kids to give up because he anticipated all of this and there's nothing the kids can do to stop this. The kids should just live on with the skills they've gained in this one year. They shouldn't try and go against society, but should try and bear through things perfectly.

And then they celebrate Koro-sensei's birthday but Yanagisawa shows up to ruin things. And he's back with the Reaper. That is so cool. He's here for some student-teacher bonding. And he's the new and improved version of Koro-sensei with mach 40 being his top speed. Koro-sensei sure is in a pinch here. Even Yanagisawa injected himself and his shooting laser beams.

We haven't exactly been told yet what happened to Yanagisawa after Koro-sensei went wild or who exactly Yanagisawa is. He may have been missing after Koro-sensei blew things up and presumed dead and then showed up after all this time in front of the government. Assuming his new tentacle man's composition is exactly that of Koro-sensei, he's in the same situation as that yellow menace so the government will just fire another laser at him. The government is taking this opportunity to get some data on Koro-sensei so that they can use this in the future. Although using Koro-sensei like tentacle creatures to fight the war on terror is pretty damn stupid. Not all governments will be doing this solely to bring peace to the land. Some may use this for their proxy wars and neko which will then increase instability and ruin stuff. Anywho, Yanagisawa could have blackmailed the government too so they had to let him live and he took this opportunity to make Itona and his new tentacle being. The government probably saw some benefit for themselves in this so they let him live, but they didn't expect him to make another tentacle monster probably since they were preoccupied with Koro-sensei. His research probably had the government's approval since they knew his name and knew his relationship with the yellow tentacle man.

Comment

Episode 23

Learn from the past.

The final showdown is on between Koro-sensei and Class E against Yanagisawa and the Reaper 2.0 and Yanagisawa does the cowardly thing by attacking the students to expose what he sees as his greatest weakness, with Kaede getting stabbed by the Reaper. But then Koro-sensei unleashes his ultimate attack and then using a SAAUSO knife to defeat the Reaper and knock Yanagisawa out, all while having measures in place to sew Kaede back up. That was great to see Koro-sensei putting the lessons from the past to great use in order to defeat the final boss. So with that, there are two more episodes left and still the matter of the laser from outer space that is about to fire. I think that the next episode will bring a resolution to this with the finale being for the graduation and the start of high school for these kids.
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 23

Final Boss defeated with two episodes left to go. Well, those may have been the final fights, but they're still in a bit of a pickle, and it's not like this has ever been a standard fighting anime. Koro-sensei is quite the doctor.
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 23

Throughout the episode I was like "someone please nekoing kill Yanagisawa". That guy's scum. Really a terrible person. Since Koro-sensei took everything away from him even though he was forced into being subjected to who knows how painful tests, Yanagisawa decided to take everything away from Koro-sensei and planned on doing this by killing Koro-sensei and his beloved students. Koro-sensei seemed like he was being pushed down but he quickly got used to the attacks from 2.0 and started to block and dodge attacks as opposed to getting beat up. That's the Reaper for ya. But Yanagisawa decides to blow up the students which of course, results in Koro-sensei taking the full force of those attacks. Koro-sensei wanted to take responsibility for not giving his very first student enough attention but Yanagisawa doesn't give a neko about that because he's a bastard.

The students are completely useless throughout because the entire fight was way out of their league. They couldn't do anything which was proven by what Kayano did. She thought it was her fault that the fun times everyone was having stopped so she decided to take responsibility and buy Koro-sensei some time to recover. And that resulted in her getting stabbed and at the brink of death. And this pisses Koro-sensei to no end and he blows a fuse and blows away Yanagisawa and 2.0. So, there was seriously something wrong with the current Reaper as a child because Koro killed the kid's father and the kid was like "sugoi!". The current Reaper just wanted to be acknowledged by his sensei. He admired Koro a lot and wanted him to look at him but Koro wouldn't look at him at all. Now after becoming a teacher, Koro-sensei realizes his mistake and he's not repeating that mistake by looking at his students and acknowledging their talents and encouraging them so that they don't end up like his first disciple.

And then Koro-sensei becomes a doctor and puts back all the cells and blood and whatever Kayano lost while getting stabbed and brought her back. Koro-sensei didn't want another person to end up like Aguri so he did what he wanted to do so badly then over here. He trained himself and mastered this skill of fixing wounds and stuff just so that no one dies as a result of his presence. The lesson of this entire ordeal is that you can't go back in time to fix mistakes, what you can do is live on, give life your best, learn from your mistakes and not make those same mistakes again.

Comment

Episode 24

Mission accomplished! Now onto graduation.

Koro-sensei is at his limit and the time has come for the class to kill him. Just before that, one last role call, a tearful one, and Nagisa has elected to be the one putting the knife through his heart to finish the mission the students were given at the beginning of the year. That was quite emotional and certainly it was a heartfelt one, but in the end Koro-sensei's time had come seeing that he was dead no matter what. So it ends the only way it could in that the students are the one to make the assassination. One more episode left to go.

Comment

Re: Episode 24

It took quite a while to get through every student, but it was a very poignant episode, and focusing on each one individually is an appropriate reminder of how well we've gotten to know all of these kids. I imagine the actual graduation episode will provide even more of that. I'm curious to see what will take another full episode. Perhaps a look into the future of each, or at least the main ones?
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 24

That. Was. Perfect. It was almost just what I wanted which made things even more good. They played out the entire episode just on this one scene. The kids wanted Koro-sensei to live on, but at the same time they wanted to kill him for their graduation and to repay Koro-sensei for all that he's done for them. The roll call made things better. And Nagisa was the one to deal the final blow. And he couldn't bring himself to do it after which Koro-sensei had to calm him down. That was all greatness. Brilliant way to end things. Koro-sensei will be missed. Now for the final episode where everyone will be carrying on with their lives with Koro-sensei in their memories and all that stuff.

Comment

Episode 25 (Finale)

Forever, this is their assassination classroom.

This episode wraps up with the school's graduation ceremony, and a look at where the kids end up for their careers, as well as how the kids ended up spending all that money that they got as their reward for killing Koro-sensei. Asano sure is quite the persistent one, while his father is changing careers. Then they are keeping their classroom in shape after it had been rotting away. Poor Nagisa ends up being a trainee teacher at a school of delinquents, but he's tough enough to handle those punks even if he hasn't grown that much physically. Anyway, that was quite a nice way to wrap up this great show that had come along very strongly towards the end.

Overall, this season takes a huge leap forward from the first as things were starting to get stale in the middle of the first season. It started by picking up where the first season left off, and then this show really gets awesome towards the end when Koro-sensei's background is explained. The story in this season is simply an amazing work of art while the ending is really emotional and something that goes to show how much the characters have grown during the year being taught by Koro-sensei and having to kill him. While the first season was more comedy focused, this one is more story-driven, and the end result is something great. Just about the only blemish this season has is that the students were trying to save their teacher, but nothing ever materialized in regards to that leading to some discord in the way the story was written.

MAL Rating: *********-

Comment

Re: Episode 25 (Finale)

So this is all showing the kids living their lives without Koro-sensei. They're all putting to use what Koro-sensei taught them. The preparations for when he won't be there are all put to good use.

The kids attend the graduation ceremony, they get acknowledged by Asano and they're now on better terms with him, Gakushu repaid them for their help in making him and his class grow by protecting them from the wild media trying to barge in for interviews. And Koro-sensei had a talk with Nagisa's dad and mom and had them patch things up between them.
                            3-E is now no more in Kunugigaoka as it wasn't liked by the media after getting so popularized by Koro-sensei and the assassin students. Asano had to pay the price by relinquishing his authoritative powers and he couldn't resist due to the pressure. The kids got their billions of yen and they took some for tuition fees and living expenses and donated the rest here and there and also returned some to the government for a better impression. Koro-sensei sure turned this class into some mature kids.

And then we see them seven years later. Yada was cute before, now she's sekushi. Rinka and Kayano too. And damn! Was that nekoing Kirara in that library?! Unbelievable! She looks like a Kirara now lol. Everyone is doing what they wanted too, Itona has taken over the family business, Kayano is back in the acting industry, Karma is gonna rule the bureaucracy, etc, while the rest are soon gonna go job hunting. And Nagisa has turned into nekoing Onizuka. Great Teacher Nagisa. He's taking on a class full of delinquents and will tame them all with his badass assassination techniques. They'll learn never to mess with traps.

This episode was quite good with an emotional punch. A happy one as opposed to the punch the last episode gave.

Overall this season was amazing. The second half was brilliant with its story telling and Koro-sensei characterization. I am seriously gonna miss that awesome sensei. Best octopus ever. They wrapped things up perfectly for the ending and delivered it flawlessly. The student-teacher bond developed throughout really paid off big time with the ending. The ending is what makes me love this neko even more. If the ending wasn't up to the mark it would have left a sour taste. But the ending was perfect and everything before it was similarly amazing. Great stuff overall.

Comment

Re: Episode 25 (Finale)

Ah, an even more perfect finale than I ever could've dreamed of. I really never thought this series could end up being so good. Bravo, all involved. I was blown away.
                              My Top Anime | Manga
                              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                              My FP Reviews | Twitter
                              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...