Assassination Classroom season 2 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Episode 12

I assume the next episode will be the last of this line, and then the last cour can focus on the final arc and whatever else needs to be done to wrap it up. Should be pretty exciting.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 13

I don't really buy that motivation or redemption for a character like Asano, but I guess it doesn't seem like the last we'll have to deal with from him after all. A shame, but I guess he's just too integral to the plot to be completely defeated at this stage.

The play seemed very strangely placed for the most part, but it was rather hilarious, so I can't complain too much about it.

I imagine we'll be getting into some pretty heavy stuff in this final cour, so hopefully it goes well. I have no idea how they'll wrap up this story, but I'm very interested.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 13

I'm not sure if I should be disappointed or not – I really expected Asano to be utterly destroyed by his defeat and then rise again some time later after getting over this. But I don't really mind this development.

Asano was once a good guy like Koro-sensei who tried to bring out the talents of each of his students and tried to turn them into good kids. But one of his first students committed suicide because of being pushed around by those stronger than him. And this led to Asano trying to make strong students and he made them strong by making them believe that they're strong by looking down on others (i.e 3-E) so that they aren't pushed around when they grow up. Koro-sensei is also doing what Asano used to do and what he's doing now – he is making strong students who will be able to survive in the harsh world while bringing out their talents and making them good students. But Koro-sensei isn't having his students look down on others which is what makes the two educators different.

Koro-sensei's weakness is that his tentacles barely have any strength so if he's pinned down he's as good as dead – but the problem is that he's hard to catch even when not moving because his tentacles are slippery and slimy lol. Lol that play at the end was so depressing. Isogai knew that depressing girl would come up with a story like this which was all part of the plan. They didn't take this as an opportunity to beat 3-A or anyone else, they took this as an opportunity to have fun and mess around.
        My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

Re: Episode 13

Learn to live.

So the principal wasn't always that cold-hearted bastard that he is today as he was once a nice guy who taught a small class in the building Class E is in. But one of his students committed suicide for being too weak and that drove him to his current philosophy. He and Koro-sensei are alike in a way seeing that assassination training is part of the curriculum to make everybody stronger, but the approach is developmental and not force-fed. In the end, Koro-sensei had all of those books memorized except for the first one, and the principal got the real grenade, but Koro-sensei protected him for the win. And then there's the play that was pretty funny. I'm not exactly sure what to think about the principal, but it looks like he can be redeemed with a good lesson in humility.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Main, Ascendance of a Bookworm
          Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
          Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 14

Meet the deadliest assassin of E class, Akari Yukimura, the younger sister of class 3-E's former teacher, Aguri Yukimura. She's here to avenge her sister's death from being murdered by Koro-sensei, and she's got the skills to do it, with tentacles growing out of the back of her neck.

Another new student? No, she's been hiding in plain sight all this time, as she's actually a talented child actress, using her acting ability to hide her bloodlust (and Nagisa's to coverup her's as well) and the incredible pain from the tentacles in her neck. Waiting an entire year to study Koro-sensei's tentacle movements from the best seat in the class in her role as:

Kaede Kayano.

Waaay back last season, I wondered why Kaede received so much prominence in the opening credits and publicity material.

Well, now we know. And with a nice series of flashbacks, the producers make clear that this was what was planned all along. We get a great explanation of her story, and it all fits and fits well. The rest of the class is wondering about Kaede's accusation of murdering her sister, as it doesn't sound at all like the Koro-sensei they know. Itona, who would know, thinks Kaede is going to die from the tentacles whether she kills koro-sensei or not, and that as the episode's final fight goes underway, that she's lost mental control to the tentacles. The episode ends with, despite her vocal vows to kill Koro-sensei, an unspoken plea for him to help her, for him to kill her.

This is really an outstanding episode, and provides more background info on Koro-sensei himself than in any previous episode. I'm really looking forward to next week's show.
            My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
            1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
            2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
            3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Re: Episode 14

Fight tentacles with tentacles.

This episode is all about Kayano as that's not her name. She is Akari Yukimura, the daughter of the first Class E teacher who was apparently killed by Koro-sensei, and she enrolled in the class to put on the facade so that she could get her revenge on him. To do that, she injected herself with some drug that grows tentacles from out of her neck. Kayano sure did fool everybody with that act of her's, but seeing that Koro-sensei is not the kind of person to go killing people like that, I would have to think that there was something else going on. But nevertheless, Kayano is on a rampage and it will be interesting to see what exactly happened that got the first homeroom teacher killed.
              Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Well, that was unexpected. Poor, sweet Kayano is a monster. Hopefully Koro-sensei will save her (he can't let harm come to any of his students after all).
                Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Well now. That seemed awfully random. Kayano is something of a reverse of Itona, I suppose, although of course she'll come back around once Koro-sensei works his usual magic. Most importantly, the resolution might reveal details of Koro-sensei's past, which has been one of the most intriguing prospects of the series in the few hints we've gotten. Of course we'll have to learn it all this cour anyway, so it's not too surprising.
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

So now we finally find out why Kayano was front and center all this time despite acting like a side character.

Turns out she is the imouto of the woman we've been seeing all this time in flashbacks. And the woman in question was the teacher of 3-E when they were 2-E. And Koro-sensei is finishing off where Yukimura-sensei left off, but that's a revelation for later episodes. Kayano ,or Yukimura Akari, was going to her onee-chan when the explosion which created Koro-sensei happened. She doesn't know what exactly happened – all she knows is that she saw a tentacle monster next to her dead sister so she believes that the tentacle monster killed her which is where the revenge part comes in. Kayano took some of the tentacle seeds lying there and injected it into herself to get tentacles. Shiro did the same with Itona. Oh, and Shiro is Kayano's onii-san which explains how he got hold of the tentacle seeds.

With the incredible power of the tentacles comes intense pain if they're left unmanaged – something which Itona experienced and which Koro-sensei probably doesn't since he's managing them. Kayano managed to not let her pain show up on her face. She stayed hidden thanks to Nagisa – she stayed close to him to mask her bloodlust since the trap already has a hell lot of it.

Kayano had the best seat in the house to observe all the assassination attempts which allowed her to make her own perfect plan. When the bottomless pit plan failed, she called Koro-sensei out to a field which is also seen towards the end of the opening sequence.

As the relationship between the kids and Koro-sensei stands, this is the perfect time for him to tell them his past since they'll believe him. Kayano should also know what really happened but for that she must be subdued since nothing will get through to her like this.

Itona knows how much pain Kayano is going through since he went through almost the same kind of excruciating pain not too long ago. The state Kayano is in is dangerous for her and she needs to be stopped. Now to see who will stop her – either Koro-sensei or the students play an important role in stopping her. Kayano is in a lot of pain but the tentacles have taken over her mind and she can't stop. Once she sets her mind on something she gets on a roll.

The revelation worked pretty well here thanks to the position Kayano was in before. She was front and center in almost every episode – she got more focus than any student, save for Nagisa and Karma, despite not doing anything at all. We were used to this side of Kayano for three cours and now we're seeing a completely different side of her for the remaining cour.

What they should have done was at least mention the name of "Yukimura" before all this, or maybe I'm forgetting something. It kinda feels like she came out of nowhere. If they had mentioned Yukimura before this, everything would have felt better.

Next week we'll get more on Koro-sensei along with possibly the new OP.

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
                      Well now. That seemed awfully random.
                      Actually, it isn't, and that's what makes it work so well. I asked last season why Kaede was so prominent, considering that she was so insignificant to story. I'm in total agreement with Yamada2's explanation:

The revelation worked pretty well here thanks to the position Kayano was in before. She was front and center in almost every episode – she got more focus than any student, save for Nagisa and Karma, despite not doing anything at all.
                      I can't remember if the former teacher's name was mentioned before, but we've seen flashbacks of the teacher's death before, and of it being the driving force behind Koro-sensei taking class 3-E. so name or no, it still works and fits like a glove.

This wasn't random, but planned. Was there any way to determine this revelation before hand? No. But we were given the clue of her prominence in publicity, all of which took place at the very start of the manga and anime. It made no sense through the first 3 cours, but we finally got the payoff, big time, of that one clue.
                      My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
                      1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
                      2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
                      3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Geez, just when you think you know somebody, eh? Well, that was an interesting reveal. Somehow I don't think Koro Sensei killed "Kayano's" sister, or at least didn't do it on purpose. I too look forward to finally getting a bit of insight into Koro Sensei's past.

Comment

Episode 15

He went from reaper to teacher.

Nagisa's 15-hit combo with the kiss knocked out Kayano's bloodlust so that Koro-sensei can remove her tentacles. With that problem solved, Koro-sensei explains the truth about his past as he is revealed to be the original Reaper, and Shiro is revealed to be the mad scientist Kotaro Yanagisawa that experimented on him. It turns out that Koro-sensei is a goner in March no matter what, and the assassination only determines if he goes down with the planet or not. Seeing that he grew up in the slums with no family to speak of that he was the perfect test subject. He fell in love with Yukimura-sensei as she was engaged to Yanagisawa, but Yanagisawa tested him relentlessly. He became a teacher thanks to Yukimura-sensei seeing that his attempt at being one backfired badly when his student took his identity.

That was quite a reveal there, and that Yanagaisawa guy is such an asshole, but it turns out that Yukimura-sensei is somebody who helped the Reaper change his outlook on life. Next time, it will be interesting to see what happens just before all hell broke loose leading to Kayano's bloodlust and everything else that has happened.

Comment

Re: Episode 15

Nice move, Nagisa. He kissed Kayano for, like, an eternity and put her off which helped Koro-sensei remove her tentacles easily. That was one killer move. Kayano's true self was the one that wanted revenge, but things changed after all that time she spent with the other 3-E students, but her tentacles didn't like that at all which resulted in the Kayano we saw now.

Koro-sensei starts revealing his past after Shiro reveals who he really is – Yanagisawa, the scientist who was performing all those experiments on Koro-sensei. And since he was the one doing the experiments, it makes sense that he had tentacle boy Itona with him – he gave Itona the tentacles to have him kill Koro-sensei. The reasons aren't told yet but it could be that Koro-sensei is a failed experiment or a runaway guinea pig who needs to be put down or something like that.

Anyway, Koro-sensei, when he was a human, was an assassin known as the Reaper. And he was the present Reaper's sensei. The present Reaper betrayed his sensei which resulted in Koro-sensei getting caught and then subsequently being used for experiments. And that is where he meets Aguri Yamanaka. He first thinks about using her in some way, but then gets closer to her like a friend which probably results in a change of heart for him. Or maybe he really does kill her.

I'm not sure how to feel about all this. Kinda feels a bit weird. Koro-sensei being an assassin before kinda makes sense since he is, in a way, training all these kids to become assassins ,and dangerous ones at that – although he's having them use those skills for better purposes than killing. Koro-sensei being an experiment was already figured out thanks to the flashbacks. But him being the former Shinigami and the current one's sensei, I dunno what to think about this one. There wasn't any sign of this when Koro-sensei met the Reaper when everyone was kidnapped. Obviously Koro-sensei knew that the Shinigami in front of him was once his student. Although, it does make sense in a way, as in the Reaper kinda failed big time at killing Koro-sensei despite being the "Shinigami" which is because he was too full of himself and didn't exactly have all the skills needed for the job since he promoted himself too early, which was also why he used such an underhanded technique. Now that little assassination attempt from the Shinigami doesn't feel that disappointing since we now know that he isn't qualified enough to call himself the Shinigami. I hope they bring the Shinigami back for some student-teacher bonding or something.

Moving on to the OP, that song is the best AssClass OP. The opening sequence is also pretty damn amazing, foreshadowing quite a lot of stuff, like the last scene it shows – Nagisa looking at Koro-sensei in front of the school and then Koro-sensei not being there in the next shot. Dammit. Well he does say that he's dying anyway, the only thing is that he'll be dying with the world or alone – if he's killed before the deadline, he'll be going alone, if they fail, he'll be taking Earth-san with him.

Comment

Re: Episode 15

That was certainly worth the wait. New OP that blows all that came before out of the water, noting this as the final season (even though it is of course the same season that it has been for almost four months now), and after Nagisa skillfully handles the Kayano situation, we get into the meat that we've been waiting for: Koro-sensei's backstory. The way everything is being tied together is great, and it gives even more motivation for the assassination, as Koro-sensei is going to die either way, so they're literally only saving the world.
                              My Top Anime | Manga
                              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                              My FP Reviews | Twitter
                              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 16

If he goes down, he's taking Earth with him.

As it turns out, Koro-sensei was not the one who destroyed the moon as that was the work of lab rats placed on the moon going haywire. Koro-sensei and Yukimura-sensei were getting along very well and it seemed like marriage was only a matter of time until Koro-sensei learns about the news that his body can only handle the stress from the antimatter until March 13 when he breaks out and destroys the lab, with Yukimura-sensei dying from the destruction. After listening to all that, the mood has changed quite a lot seeing that those kids didn't think about assassination over the winter break. So the final term begins with only two months left before graduation.

All of the sudden, the mood changes just like that. It used to be a fun atmosphere, but now these kids just are feeling out of it after listening to all of the crap that Yanagisawa had put his teacher through. It will be interesting to see how things unfold from here seeing that Nagisa now is thinking about saving him instead of killing him.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X