Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 5

What a man.

Isogai is such a helpful and responsible guy, but when Asano finds out about his job, the gauntlet is thrown down where Class E has to beat Class A in the pole-toppling event at the sports festival. Class E faced overwhelmingly stacked odds, but of course that assassination training comes through with sneaky tactics to get all of the foreigners out of the way so that the class has a free shot at the pole with hidden reinforcements. That was quite an entertaining match there, and all of that talk in English is pretty funny. Isogai showed just how great he is worthy of those compliments.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 5

So much Engrish! Asano seems like he'll probably become something of a friendly rival in the future, while his daddy seems significantly less redeemable. It seems like in general, no child will end up being truly evil.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 5

So it's Isogai time. He's the class rep who's poor and works part-time which is against school rules but he has to do it to support his family. Asano uses this as an excuse to get back at 3-E for the exam defeat and challenges them to a pole toppling match.

Lol the kids use their assassin skills in the sports festival. Isogai proves his leadership skills in the match. They showed the difference between the two different kinds of leaders, Gakushu and Isogai. In the first season, during the baseball match, they showed the difference between the two educators, Koro and Asano, through a game. Now they're doing the same with the students through another game. Isogai comes up with some unconventional stuff and puts off Gakushu. With his hands full, he can't come up with a plan for the others whereas Isogai had everything thought out perfectly.

The engrish was strong here, very strong.

Nice episode, again.
        My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

Episode 6

There's a lot more to life than just grades.

Midterms are coming up, but thanks to some reckless actions that the students spend the two weeks before exams helping out kids at an elementary school that the injured man is the principal of. In those two weeks, everybody helped improve the outlook of these kids, especially Sakura who had been avoiding school because she had been bullied. Not to mention, all of their training helped give the school an extreme makeover. Sadly, that meant everybody except Karma would go on to bomb their midterms. That's a very nice episode there all going to show that everybody was too focused on grades and assassination training that they forgot about the other things in life that are equally as important. Not to mention, everybody is now wearing military garb for their assassination training.
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 6

That was a cute episode, but I feel somewhat unsatisfied with Sakura's resolution. She's being bullied so the answer is ... have her sneak in to take a test and then leave immediately once it's done? Unless I'm missing something, how exactly does that help her bullying situation?

Comment

I wasn't sure about this one at first, but I like where it went. Loads of cliches, for sure, but I appreciate that it concludes with such over-the-top perfection that creeps the principal out, which is immediately validated not only by their smiles but the reveal of his dentures being integrated into their unnecessarily articulate remodel of his bike.

I'm also partial to Sakura's cynicism on account of her harsh experiences with the monsters that fill elementary school classrooms. It seems like that could've been explored a bit more with more time, especially with a group full of outcasts like this. Again, cliche but effective.

I don't always love how close to flawless Karma is, but when it's shown that he really puts in the work to make the most of his innate genius and he ultimately uses his results to stand up for the rest of his less gifted and driven classmates, I'll take it.

A glimpse at Koro-sensei's past? Very intriguing...
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

So the kids have started to use their new skills for fun despite knowing that this whole thing about them being trained as assassins to kill the octopus being a secret. And they end up hurting someone. And Koro-sensei slaps them, and Karasuma overlooks this – Koro-sensei was bound by an agreement that he cannot hurt the students but Karasuma knew that the kids had this coming after what they did.

So instead of having them study for the exams two weeks later, Koro-sensei has the kids take care of the school that old man was running. This would help the kids learn ways to put their training to use other than assassinating and stuff. They take care of the school and give it a perfect makeover which surprises the old man and even creeps him out. They even make friends with the kids during their two week stay.

They should have explored Sakura a bit more since her situation was similar to 3-E's, but I think this much was also a bit good since Nagisa does manage to tell her something on how to face this challenge based on his and his classmates' experiences.

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
                A glimpse. at Koro-sensei's past? Very intriguing...
                Most intriguing part indeed. This was the first Koro-sensei past flashback of this season and it was somewhat different from the ones we've seen in the previous season. Previously we saw rubble, Koro-sensei in the middle, a woman in his arms, or other shots of this scene where the woman was dying. This flashback didn't exactly feel like the woman was about to die. Kinda felt like an event before her dying moments, or I could be wrong. But anyway, who was she referring to? Herself or someone else? Very interesting.

And now the kids have gotten new gear and judging by the looks of things, we mi get an assassination attempt! Yay!

Comment

Episode 7

You don't bring her flowers.

It's Bitch-sensei's birthday, and while the class is giving her flowers, Karasuma-sensei acts pretty cold towards her seeing that as an assassin there's no soft spot. So in comes another hired assassin known only as the Reaper, and he takes the class to an underground tunnel with Bitch-sensei captive. But as it turns out this is taking things to the extreme just like with what Takaoka did. That was quite a thrilling episode there all going to show that assassins have to keep their guards up at all times. While all that was happening, Koro-sensei was in Brazil watching soccer, and having those guys speaking Portuguese is pretty funny.

Comment

Re: Episode 7

I guess I won't win many clairvoyant points for predicting that Bitch Sensei is only pretending to go along with the Reaper to get the drop on him. Still, it will be satisfying to see his comeuppance. Ritsu was hilarious this eppie. I thought it was a hoot that we saw her dressed up in the same special "PE gear" as the others at the beginning of the rescue attempt. And then her attitude as your typical lazy teenager after she'd been hacked was just great.

Comment

As soon as the Reaper ended up in their classroom I was like, "Uh... Why the fuck isn't everyone flipping out about this guy randomly being in their classroom?" From that point it was pretty obvious that he was going to be a villain, similar to Takaoka in that he seems like a nice guy and ends up being one of the purest evils in the series, at least from what we can tell so far.

Obviously Bitch-sensei is just acting and I'm sure they'll have a touching resolution to make all her birthday wishes come true once they've dealt with this guy.

Hacked Ritsu is glorious.
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

The shinigami is finally here and he's using the Bitch-sensei as bait to lure out the kids who will in turn act as bait to lure out Koro-sensei. I was wondering why the flower dude was getting some focus. Turns out he doesn't only deal in flowers.

The kids helped out Bitch-sensei with Karasuma but things didn't end well. Turns out Karasuma isn't as dense as was first thought. He knew what was going on with Bitch-sensei and decided to ignore it in hopes that she may give up as this can adversely effect her assassin skills. And after stomping out, she gets kidnapped.

Nagisa was about to go full badass – he was seriously pissed at the shinigami for attacking poor little Kayano and was about to do something so cool. But the reaper showed the trap his place – he isn't the best assassin out there for no reason.

But his way of starting things off doesn't seem special – he's doing basically what Shiro did – kidnap or put in danger someone close to Koro-sensei, get the upper hand and kill him. But I kinda expected him to go after Koro-sensei without resorting to such tactics. That would have really shown how strong and scary this bastard is.

Lol hacked Ritsu.
                        Bitch-sensei's proposal for the gear emphasised on sexiness more than anything else. Lol

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post

Obviously Bitch-sensei is just acting and I'm sure they'll have a touching resolution to make all her birthday wishes come true once they've dealt with this guy.
                        It could also be that Bitch-sensei, in a way, is being controlled by the reaper. He has woken up the assassin within Bitch-sensei and is using her. And in the end after dealing with the shinigami, the students, and possibly Karasuma, will help bring her back to being the Bitch-sensei we all know.

Comment

Episode 8

So the shinigami is one cowardly bastard who loves using underhanded techniques to get his enemy. I really expected him to do something which didn't directly involve the students. He has bomb collars put on the students and Bitch-sensei and threatens to blow them up. And then he manages to trap Koro-sensei with help from Bitch-sensei and threatens to flood the cage which would push Koro-sensei against the anti-Koro-sensei bars killing him and the students in the process.

Irina decided to join forces with the shinigami because she wanted to give Karasuma the results he wanted. She wanted to show him that she hasn't lost her touch. And she stopped caring about anyone in the process. She had a rough past and the Shinigami told her a false story about his past two get her on his side. Irina grew up under an assassin and had a killed or be killed way of life. Her very job was betraying her victims and killing them so she thought that her dying after betraying people is a fitting end. But Karasuma didn't let that happen.

This highlight of this episode was badass Karasuma. Damn that guy's badass. He gives the shinigami a punch to the face as the government's answer to his method of killing Koro-sensei. He just nekoing opens the door rigged with explosives. He grabs the shinigami and throws him down into the water along with himself and fights that bastard. And then Koro-sensei sees through his move and has Koro-sensei protected with a tentacle. And the finishing move, a kick to the balls... yikes. That was just too painful, man. Now the shinigami won't be able to pass down his skills to his heir. But it shows that not even the best assassin in the market has balls of steel.

And Karasuma has a rule made that if anyone kills the octopus but harms the students in the process, that person won't get the prize money. But now such losers aren't gonna be showing up anyway.

And now the government is working on their final assassination project. Cool.

Comment

Re: Episode 8

To an assassin, only results matter.

It's no wonder the Reaper has that name seeing that he doesn't care that others get killed to accomplish his goal. Karasuma sure did show his badass side there going after the Reaper, all while Koro-sensei came up with the brilliant idea to camouflage the students against the wall to make him think that the students escaped, as well as taking the bullet intended for Karasuma using tomato juice for effect. Bitch-sensei's view on life certainly has changed. So while the students are no longer in harm's way from the government, they are about to launch their last resort that will take awhile before it materializes. That was nicely done there going to show that there is much more to life than just results.

Comment

Goddamn Karasuma was awesome this episode. I didn't quite expect him to save the day 100% on his own, and he gets to show off his jacked body all the while.
                              My Top Anime | Manga
                              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                              My FP Reviews | Twitter
                              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Pleasantly surprised the writing didn't go for the obvious of "Irina was just pretending to go along with Reaper to get the drop on him." Bad Irina! But she has the ultimate get out of jail free card: hotness. She kind of reminded me of Darkness from KonoSuba with her assumption she was going to be subjected to "an explosion of sexual violence!" Yes, Karasuma was the man this eppie.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X