X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2016] Assassination Classroom season 2 Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    暗殺教室

The kids of the Class 3E are back from summer vacation for some more lessons from their unkillable teacher all while they continue to assassinate him before graduation.

Airs: Thursday, January 7

Studio: Lerche

ANN Entry

My Anime List
    Official Site
    Funimation

Season 1 Discussion Thread

Class 3E is about to begin their second semester. And while some things have changed, the class assignment is still the same: kill their teacher before the end of the year. Easier said than done since Koro Sensei's made it clear he won't go down without a fight.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

How can anybody be afraid of that?

And the second season of AssClass begins without an assassination attempt. The first season ended with everybody returning to school, but this episode goes back to the last day of the trip with the test of courage in which Koro-sensei has a heightened sense of fear for some reason, and then Karasuma and Bitch-sensei go on a date that didn't go very well. Then it's the summer festival back at home before it's back to school. That was very enjoyable, and the second season certainly started out on the right foot.
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

A fun return to our cast, with some foreshadowing of the more serious material to come in this season.

I wouldn't have minded seeing more of Bitch-sensei trying to find some romantic progress with Karasuma, although it's probably for the best that they don't dwell on it for too long considering it's very unlikely it will amount to anything.

Always fun to see assassination skills come in handy for things like festivals.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

The fun continues. Very nice to have this back in the rotation. It was a great first season. A fair bit of contemplation about recent events, but with most of the episode focusing on fun, though, as always, dark portents loom amidst the craziness.
        My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
        1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
        2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
        3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

This was a fun start. Koro-sensei wants a love scandal and tries to scare his students only to end up getting scared himself lol. Then they try to put Bitch-sensei and Karasuma together by setting up an obvious mood. Bitch-sensei just can't stop being sexy lol. She looks better with a ponytail though.

Koro-sensei tells everyone that no one is coming so please come and he ends up getting everyone. And everyone starts using their assassination skills to win prizes there lol.

The Russian assassin gets killed by the Shinigami mentioned in the previous season. The bounty increases to 30 billion yen if Koro-sensei is killed by teamwork. And Karasuma is more than determined to get things wrapped up in this second semester since the students now know their own strengths and weaknesses thanks to the hotel raid mission.

Summer vacation is over and now it'll be back to school and back to trying and kill the octopus.
          My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

Episode 2

The proof is in the pudding.

The first assassination attempt of the season is Kaede's giant pudding trap seeing that Koro-sensei loves pudding. Everything was going well, until Koro-sensei's super senses sniffs out the bomb. Then it turns out that Koro-sensei is a pervert seeing that he has all the bra measurements of the girls in the class, and he gets into trouble when he is trapped by his underlings. And so, things became serious pretty quickly as those schemers are up to no good and Koro-sensei is in a bind. Let's see how he gets out of this.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Very throwaway first half, but I enjoyed seeing the class construct the giant pudding. Makes me want some Anime Pudding. Sans bomb, please.

I wasn't expecting the second half to be very substantial either, but it looks like it is.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Exploding pudding? Sasuga Kayano-chan. After being front and center in almost every episode yet only having a helping role, Kayano-chan took the driving seat now and came up with a workable idea. Lol she ended up getting emotionally attached to the pudding which was meant to blow up from the start. But Koro-sensei sniffs out the explosives and survives.

The parkour cops and robbers was amusing. Lol Koro-sensei getting bribed and getting fooled by ponytail's fake story.

It got considerably serious with the bra thief thing. Koro-sensei can't do this kind of thing as it would hurt jod reputation as a teacher and he would lose the respect of his students. The kids knew this but grilled him anyway, after which they go to the most probable place where the imposter would attack – a place where some big breasted idols were staying.

Turns out that Shiro dude was behind this all along and had gotten someone from the government to help out. And now little tentacle head has been released into the anti octopus sheet prison trap. After which we got a nekoing cliffhanger! God dammit!

Comment

Episode 3

Put aside that pride.

Koro-sensei is trapped, but he learned from his near-death experiences to get out of this one seeing that Itona's attack pattern is predictable. Having been defeated, Itona has been dumped by Shiro and his pride is shot. And as it turns out, Itona was disowned when his parent's cell phone company accumulated a massive debt. But with some sense being fed into his head that he's now a new student. Itona's situation is quite depressing, but he came to the right place to get back on track, and certainly he has the potential to be a great assassin without the use of his tentacles.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

So Itona was actually the son of a mobile parts company owner who went down under and abandoned the kid. Itona experienced this kind of thing so now he wants to win and not experience something similar again. He fails here again thanks to Koro-sensei being able to predict his moves and subsequently using an explosion power. Koro-sensei is showing more of his powers. He was the creature who blew up the moon so this didn't feel off at all.

Shiro dumps Itona, then kidnaps him to lure out Koro-sensei. He succeeds in that, but he didn't take into consideration that Koro-sensei's a teacher and has students who will help him out. The students enter the playing field and ruin Shiro's plans.

The class delinquents take over Itona and make him get rid of his "failure is not an option" mindset. It is okay to fail a few times – you won't always win. Take your time and eventually you will succeed. And with that, 3-E gets a new student. After bringing in the killer machine who didn't know about teamwork, Ritsu, they have now succeeded in bringing in tentacle head into their class.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

I figured it was only a matter of time before they won Itona over and integrated him into the regular class. If they could find a way to make Ritsu work so well, this idea was never impossible. I like that he immediately settles into his clique. Should be fun to have him around.
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 4

What's in a name?

Itona has been through a lot of failure, so his first act as a student is to create a tank to blast Koro-sensei in the heart, but it fails miserably when it is destroyed by a weasel. Then there's this whole talk about code names as Karasuma and Bitch-sensei aren't calling Koro-sensei by name, and thus everybody is given code names in a survival game match to get these kids to understand what it feels like not to be called by their real name. Those were some pretty hilarious code names that were come up with and that made me laugh. Now, it looks like the principal is up to no good once again.

Comment

Re: Episode 4

So Itona is fitting in quite easily for a kid who isn't accustomed to teamwork at all. He makes a remote controlled tank to attack Koro-sensei and the class perverts help modify it for other purposes. But it gets wrecked by a wild animal lol.

The second half was easily the funniest thing this season so far. Those code names were lol worthy. "Tsundere Sniper" "Da Densest" "Forever Flat" "Scrunchies and Boobs" "Dating Sim Emo Character" "Box of Moe" lol. These names were great lol. AssClass is amazing when it goes full comedy and this half is reminding us of that.

In the end, Asano is out for blood. He'll be using loopholes in the rules to beat 3-E as per his dad's advice. Let's see how he'll get back at the assassins.

Comment

Not too eventful, but important elements like Itona finding his place in the class for the first half and the tease of what's to come from Asano at the end. Some amusing nicknames in the middle.
                            My Top Anime | Manga
                            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                            My FP Reviews | Twitter
                            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

The nicknames were pretty amusing, especially Box O'Moe, Forever Flat, and Nagisa's nickname, Gender.
                              Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X