Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Last Episode Watched of 2015, First Episode Watched of 2016

Widgets Magazine
    So as 2015 ends and the next year begins, it's time to ask the annual question. Just like I asked last year, I would like to know what episode did you end 2015 watching, and what will you watch to begin 2016?

So for me, I ended 2015 watching episode 7 of Parasyte. I plan on beginning 2016 with episode 18 of My Love Story!! as I'm looking to begin the new year watching a New Year's episode, and this is one of the most amazing episodes this past year. So that's what I have planned.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Re: Your Last Episode Watched of 2015, First Episode Watched of 2016

What was the last episode of anime I watched in 2015? Damn, I'm not even sure. I've been pretty much just watching simulcasts for the past week and everyone is off this time of year, so... maybe catching up on the temporarily dropped Osomatsu-san? I guess that's appropriate enough, since that would make the last one a New Year's special. I think any simulcasts will continue to be off for the first few days of 2016, so I'll probably work on my physical backlog, starting with some One Piece.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Last anime episode of 2015 that I watched was Episode 24 of SHIROBAKO. I wanted to wrap up that series before the year ended.

I don't know what my first episode of 2016 will be, and I'll be too busy watching the New Year Day bowl games so it might not be until Saturday.
      Currently Watching | MAL Profile
      Let's make anime great again!

Comment

The last episode that I watched for 2015 was episode 9 of The Seven Deadly Sins this past Monday. Outside of my yearly watches of Devil Hunter Yohko 4-Ever! & the You're Under Arrest! Season 1 episode "Manju Terror! Natsumi's Edo Escapade" after the ball drop I'm not sure yet what my first regular episode for 2016 will be. I'll know more late tomorrow after the bowl games.
        Avatar: Yohko & Azusa (Devil Hunter Yohko)
        FilmAF / MAL /Games / Figures
        Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

My last episode of 2015 was R.O.D the TV episode 13, coincidentally just at the halfway point. And since I'll probably continue on in a little while, first of the new year will be episode 14 of the same.

Comment

I make a point every year to complete one show from my backlog right before the year end. This year it was Shomin Sample.

5 minutes before the clock struck Midnight I finished Shomin Sample ep 12. Pretty decent finale. Fairly conclusive ending but leaves it open for future sequels (Which probably won't happen).

Comment

I'm currently re-watching the anime baseball classic Touch (for the second time), and episode 09 was the last episode. The episode was about the 3 main leads starting their first day of high school and Handra getting some character development. I'm currently reading the Mix manga also by Adachi, and I can't wait to see this animated in the future (take my money now). The first episode of 2016 was episode 5 of the Tatami Galaxy entitled 'Softball Circle Honwaka'. In-regards to by anime watching, I hope to keep to my schedule of watching 1.5 hours of anime every week-day, and 2.5 hours of anime on the weekend, plus a anime movie on Sunday's. I don't tend to watch anime that is currently streaming in Japan, unless it's a show/series that I'm very keen on, otherwise I just watch anime for my collection.

Comment

My last episode of 2015 was the final episode of Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu. I ended that year on a good anime, or rather a very good one.
                And just as the clock struck 12 at midnight, I changed the channel and watched a random episode of The Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat which was coming. What a way to start the year...
                My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

My last episodes of 2015 were episodes 11 & 12 of Ai Yori Aoshi. Episode 13 from the same series was my first episode of 2016. I really need to get around to buying the re-release of this series as some of the discs that I've had from the original release won't work anymore.
                  Avatar: Kirino Kousaka from Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai
                  My Anime Collection

Comment

I finished last year by finally getting around to opening my Kickstarter Blu-Ray of Little Witch Academia: The Enchanted Parade (I'd just received my printed copy of the artbook of backgrounds in the mail). It seemed that much more enjoyable the second time around (having previously viewed the original streaming release). To ring in the new year, I remembered how I'd spent a great many weekends last year watching episodes of Mazinger Z, and opened up my copy of Mazinger Edition Z: The Impact! to watch its first episode (which, of course, is its "final episode"...) I then decided it was about time to start watching one of the Anime Sols releases I'd put money into as much so that other people would be able to buy copies as I would be able to, and opened the first set of Magical Angel Creamy Mami.

Comment

Last episode was One Punch Man OVA 1 (love the waitress's reaction :D); and the episode before that...

Anitore! EX Ep.12 Hah, if there's one motivator to the new year's resolution to get exercising, I shamefully admit, this episode may have done it. Seriously, guilty pleasure or not, it's a pretty cute music/rhythm video..not that I'll dance along.

Comment

Once more, I don't have any special arrangements for my first or last episodes of the year, it just ends up being whatever I happen to be watching. So with my current two series, it will be:

Last episode of 2015: Engaged to the Unidentified episode 4
                        This series had me hooked after the first episode. A nice surprise, and I can't wait to see how it plays out.

First episode of 2016
                        : Kannazuki no Miko episode 5
                        My third or fourth time watching this series, I think. It hasn't aged well for me (so glad I found better yuri after this), and these days I watch it more for amusement from how over the top it is. The KOTOKO theme songs are still fantastic, and I thank this series for being how I discovered her music.
                        Last edited by Serial Experiments Nobue; 01-01-2016, 08:48 PM.
                        Matsuri intently studies! || my avatar library
                        ~ Currently Watching: Sailor Moon S; Ronja, The Robber's Daughter; Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise
                        ~ Last Watched: Children Who Chase Lost Voices; KanColle; When Marnie Was There; The Tale of the Princess Kaguya; The Wind Rises; From Up on Poppy Hill
                        homepageblogreviewsanilistkitsu

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmie M View Post
                          The last episode that I watched for 2015 was episode 9 of The Seven Deadly Sins this past Monday. Outside of my yearly watches of Devil Hunter Yohko 4-Ever! & the You're Under Arrest! Season 1 episode "Manju Terror! Natsumi's Edo Escapade" after the ball drop I'm not sure yet what my first regular episode for 2016 will be. I'll know more late tomorrow after the bowl games.
                          And now that today's bowl games are done, my first regular episode for 2016 is the City Hunter Season 1 episode "Ryo's Rival in Love?! Give Me Kaori".
                          Avatar: Yohko & Azusa (Devil Hunter Yohko)
                          FilmAF / MAL /Games / Figures
                          Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

My last episode watched was the final episode of Ultraviolet: Code 044. I wanted to finish the series before 2016 started so I chugged through the last six eppies on Thursday night. I'm pretty sure my last streaming episode (as opposed to anime from my physical backlog like Ultraviolet) was episode 60 of World Trigger. I know for fact my first anime episode of 2016 was Hellsing Ultimate I which I watched yesterday morning via Funi's site (I watched II right after). I also watched the first four eppies of Scrapped Princess which was my first anime from physical backlog of 2016.

I swear that 2016 will be the first year since I started collecting anime in 2009 that I will watch more titles in my physical backlog than I will buy during the year. My attempts to diminish my huge physical backlog have been pathetic. I watched only 6 TV titles, 4 OVAs and 4 movies from my physical backlog which is truly sad considering I have several hundred titles in my collection. Main reason for the lagging is that I watch a lot of simulcasts and that obviously cuts into my overall viewing time. My goal is to knock off at least 1 TV title per week in 2016 and make a dent in the movies and OVAs as well. Wish me luck!

Comment

Last on the way out was Ghost in the Shell Arise's 2nd episode, and the first on the way in was the last three episodes of Miss Monochrome 3. I had fallen behind with most simulcasts this past season, but I wanted to catch up. Being that it's a short format series it's pretty easy to catch up on within a single sitting.
                              Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                              Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X