Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2015] TFP's Anime List Project #16: The Unforgettable Scene of 2015

Widgets Magazine
    Welcome to the 16th edition of The Fandom Post Anime List Project. Where TFP readers can suggest and vote on lists for a wide array of anime-related topics, often relating to the current anime season. Every week a new topic is offered, and the next week its nominees are voted on, while a new topic is opened. Weekly suggestions, and topic suggestions, are open to any registered forum user.

Sorry for the late start this week, at the end of the year. The poll for last week's topic, Best 2015 Adult Character, is above. Please select up to but no more than five (5) options! Voting on this poll is open through Sunday, January 3rd.

The winners of last week's poll, Favorite New Year's Episode:

5.) My Love Story!!, ep. 18: "My Birthday"
    4.) Pet Girl of Sakurasou, ep. 15: "Where is My Usual Self"
    3.) Non Non Biyori, ep. 10: "We Watched the First Sunrise of the Year"
    2.) Azumanga Daioh, ep. 8: "Osaka's New Year's Dream / In Tomo-chan's Case / In Sakaki's Case / Welcome / In Kaorin's Case"
    1.) Aria the Animation, ep. 13: "That White Morning"

And next: Most Memorable Scenes of 2015. This is our last 2015 poll. As simple, and mind-numbingly difficult, as they come. The single scene and/or episode--comedic, dramatic, horrific, surreal, cute, world-destroying, rainbow-producing--that you will take away from this year. (Or 5 of them, if you wish.)

Please reply to this root post with up to five (5) nominations. Nominations are open through Monday, January 4th.

(If you have a topic suggestion, please feel free to post that here, as well!)

Thanks!
    Koro-sensei (Assassination Classroom)
    3.23%
    Sakurako Kujou (Beautiful Bones: Sakurako's Invstigations)
    3.23%
    Decim (Death Parade)
    0.00%
    Hinako Inui (Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma)
    6.45%
    Rory Mercury (Gate)
    4.84%
    Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell Arise AA/New Movie)
    3.23%
    Akari Kuzehashi (Hello! Kiniro Mosaic)
    3.23%
    Taihei Doma (Himouto! Umaru-chan)
    1.61%
    Kaoru Tsunashi (I Can't Understand What My Husband is Saying: 2nd Thread)
    0.00%
    The Producer (The [email protected] Cinderella Girls)
    1.61%
    Dio Brando (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Egypt Arc)
    6.45%
    Joseph Joestar (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Egypt Arc)
    3.23%
    Arsene Lupin III (Lupin III [2015])
    3.23%
    Manager Maeda (Miss Monochrome 2/3)
    1.61%
    Koyomi Araragi (-monogatari series)
    4.84%
    Yuriko Gōda [Takeo's Mother] (My Love Story!)
    1.61%
    Kaede Kagayama ["Dagashiya"] (Non Non Biyori Repeat)
    6.45%
    Saitama (One Punch Man)
    9.68%
    Momonga/Ainz Ooal Gown (Overlord)
    1.61%
    Chairman (Prison School)
    3.23%
    Megumi Sakura (School-Live!)
    1.61%
    Rinko Ogasawara (Shirobako)
    6.45%
    Seiichi Kinoshita (Shirobako)
    8.06%
    Shirayuki (Snow White with the Red Hair)
    8.06%
    Otaha Kohashi [Wakaba's Mother] (Wakaba Girl)
    1.61%
    Wakako Murasaki (Wakako-zake)
    4.84%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by bctaris; 12-31-2015, 03:24 AM.
    Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
    Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
    Please Support The Fandom Post

Re: TFP's Anime List Project #16: The Unforgettable Scene of 2015

Shirobako, ep. 23: Aoi's emotional reaction
    Non Non Biyori Repeat, ep. 4: Renge's picture diary
    Tamayura: Sotsugyou Shashin, Part 2 - Hibiki: Kaoru seeing Nakayama at work
    Sound! Euphonium, ep. 10: Natsuki's treat for Kumiko

On a side note, I know I'm late in noticing this, but I don't think Araragi should be eligible since he's not over 18.

Spoiler ->There is a technicality that he may be 19 in Hanamonogatari (not sure if there's anything solid, but wiki at least shows he was born in April which is the same month that took place), but that did not air this year

Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 12-31-2015, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post

On a side note, I know I'm late in noticing this, but I don't think Araragi should be eligible since he's not over 18.

Spoiler ->There is a technicality that he may be 19 in Hanamonogatari (not sure if there's anything solid, but wiki at least shows he was born in April which is the same month that took place), but that did not air this year

Yeah, I should've questioned that as I was unsure at first. Semantically, I thought it wouldn't have counted, but technically he is at least 18 and an adult. If the age specifically has to be at least 19, then I'm not sure of at least one other.

Comment

Clementine's fight and death (Overlord Ep.9)
        Hana's accident and cut to Meiko (Prison School Ep.2)
        echoing Renge's journal of Flatty-san's death and rebirth..(Non Non Biyori Repeat Ep.4)
        Mayu and Harada's outcome (Death Parade Ep. 11)
        Yato earning his first shrine (Noragami Aragoto Ep. 7)

Comment

I'll probably add more if I think of them, but the two that definitely come to mind here:

Hello! Kiniro Mosaic, ep. 7: The "Super Yummy Cake" punishment
          Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Egypt Arc, ep. 24 (ep. 48 in terms of the Stardust Crusaders series): ROAD ROLLER DA!!!

EDIT: Too bad this list is anime only, because the most unforgettable scene in television-produced animation IMO came from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (those who've been following Season 5 will know exactly which scene I'm talking about ).
          Last edited by TnAdct1; 12-31-2015, 01:25 PM.
          Joseph Klemm
          "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
          Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
          Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
          Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

One Punch Man, episode 9 – Saitama claiming to be stealing credit after killing the Deep Sea King
            Overlord, episode 9 – Clementine vs Momonga (oh the ruthlessness and badassery)
            One Punch Man, episode 12 – Saitama vs Boros
            Oregairu second season, episode 8 – Hachiman crying
            My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post

Yeah, I should've questioned that as I was unsure at first. Semantically, I thought it wouldn't have counted, but technically he is at least 18 and an adult. If the age specifically has to be at least 19, then I'm not sure of at least one other.
              I think it's okay: it was 18 and older; or, standard adult...in many parts of the world. Come to think of it, I could have made it 20 and above, or the legal adult age in Japan, instead. But this is fine. The idea mostly was to focus on characters at least just out of high school.

Comment

Trying to finish off my nominations with five, but this is tough. I'll make this my last official nomination:
                Re-Kan!, ep. 6: Kogal spirit and her mother

And among others I considered:
                Idolmaster Cinderella Girls, ep. 17: The oneechan bonding of Mika and Miria
                Noragami Aragoto, ep. 7: Yato's shrine
                Yurikuma Arashi, ep. 12: Kureha's wish and the reaction to it
                Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 01-01-2016, 06:14 PM. Reason: Adding one I meant to include in my others

Comment

There are quite a lot of moments that made 2015 so amazing, so I'm going to have to really think about this. But I do have a couple of moments that I know for sure are going to be nominations, so for now I'm just going to put in these two nominations:

My Love Story!! ep. 18: First kiss
                  Your Lie in April ep. 22: Kaori's letter (Actually, there are two moments there in that episode that are really powerful and unforgettable, but I reacted to the letter more than with the performance.)

I have a pretty solid idea what the other nominations are going to be, but I'll need to do some more examining and stuff before deciding if it makes the cut or not as a nomination.
                  MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
                  Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                  Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Shirobako, ep. 23: Aoi's emotional reaction
                    There are two pivotal moments in this greatest of episodes this year, but yes, this is the one I think of first. (So, second it.) I haven't felt that much empathy with an anime character in years.

And I could almost load up on Non Non Biyori Repeat moments for Renge, particularly that fourth episode. (Just her playing the recorder in the doorway, is one.)

But the second part of what that episode establishes, episode 10, is the one I'll choose: Renge's day long bike lesson with Kaede. Especially that final scene.

What else...

The Rolling Girls, episode 8: the rock concert/battle finale. Mostly about that being the best insert-ending song/sequence of any show this season. (Not that that's a common category...)

Shimoneta, episode 5: Anna presents her cookies. (I mean, come on, how do you forget that scene for the rest of your anime fan life?)

Wakaba*Girl, episode 4: Wakaba and her "phone."

But I have to have close runner ups: Working!3, episode 6: Aoi running into her brother, finally. And, I don't know, most of the food-gasms in Food Wars.

Comment

Originally posted by bctaris View Post
                      And I could almost load up on Non Non Biyori Repeat moments for Renge, particularly that fourth episode. (Just her playing the recorder in the doorway, is one.)

But the second part of what that episode establishes, episode 10, is the one I'll choose: Renge's day long bike lesson with Kaede. Especially that final scene.
                      There were a handful of equally perfect scenes that qualified, and this one I agree was especially fitting. Still, I found Renge literally illustrating her sadness quite profound given that she doesn't seem to physically emote those same feelings as easily. So to see her express an emotional strain out of her system, though in an uncommon way, was touching.

Shimoneta, episode 5: Anna presents her cookies. (I mean, come on, how do you forget that scene for the rest of your anime fan life?)
                      Dammit; I knew I was forgetting something as I was reading the 'best of' column. You're right, this and a bunch of other scenes from the show easily qualify as well. Truly worthy of mention too considering the sad news of the seiyuu's passing. Another scene similar in tone was Prison School's 'catwalk'. So many good scenes, yet so limited.

Wakaba*Girl, episode 4: Wakaba and her "phone."
                      Yep. Another great one! :D Curse you for making this the most difficult of the polls thus far. I know what I'll be voting for.

Comment

Reminder that the poll closes, as usual, tonight. Nominations continue through Monday, however.

Comment

Yowamushi Pedal Grande Road, ep 24: Onoda wins the bicycle inter-high after so many ups and downs.

(bctaris: Not sure if this counts as 2015 since the series started in Fall 2014, but the episode in question actually aired in 2015.)
                          Avatar: Tanya Degurechaff from Saga of Tanya the Evil

Comment

Originally posted by Gildor View Post
                            Yowamushi Pedal Grande Road, ep 24: Onoda wins the bicycle inter-high after so many ups and downs.

(bctaris: Not sure if this counts as 2015 since the series started in Fall 2014, but the episode in question actually aired in 2015.)
                            This is the same situation as that Shirobako nomination, so it will be fine. If the moment itself comes from an episode that aired in 2015, then it's good.
                            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
                            Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                            Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                              Originally posted by Gildor View Post

This is the same situation as that Shirobako nomination, so it will be fine. If the moment itself comes from an episode that aired in 2015, then it's good.
                              Yes, indeed. (We're not stuffy ANN who would pretend the entire second half of a show does not exist just because the first half was in the Fall season.) Thanks, Gildor--I was almost expecting you to chime in with a Yowapeda nod.

(And noms end tonight, by the by, for anyone else considering.)

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X