Widgets Magazine

TFP's Anime List Project #13: X-Mas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2015] TFP's Anime List Project #13: X-Mas!

Widgets Magazine
    Welcome to the 13th edition of The Fandom Post Anime List Project. Where TFP readers can suggest and vote on lists for a wide array of anime-related topics, often relating to the current anime season. Every week a new topic is offered, and the next week its nominees are voted on, while a new topic is opened. Weekly suggestions, and topic suggestions, are open to any registered forum user.

The poll for last week's topic, Best OP/ED Pair for 2015 (that's both OP and ED together), is above. Please select up to but no more than five (5) options! Voting on this poll is open through Sunday, December 13th.

The winners of last week's poll, What Are You Thankful For in Anime in 2015:

5.) Discotek's Robot Carnival Release
    4.) Right Stuf's Magic User's Club Re-License
    3.) Good English Dubs Still Being Made
    2.) Shirobako
    1.) Sequels to Enjoyable Franchises

Congrats to the winners; thanks to nominators and voters!

And the topic for this week is: Favorite Anime Christmas Episode. (TV or OVA.) A time-honored classic. Years and years ago, this would be a somewhat annual topic in this forum. And there have been a lot more Christmas episode made since. But anime's been making them for a very long time, so grab some KFC and a slice of strawberry cake and stretch yourself out on this one.

Please reply to this root post with up to five (5) nominations. Nominations are open through Sunday, December 13th.

(If you have a topic suggestion, please feel free to post that here, as well!)

Thanks!
    Actually, I Am...
    1.56%
    Blood Blockade Battlefront
    3.13%
    Charlotte
    4.69%
    Classroom Crisis
    1.56%
    Death Parade
    4.69%
    Gangsta
    1.56%
    Gate
    1.56%
    Himouto Umaru-chan
    4.69%
    Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
    3.13%
    Is the Order a Rabbit??
    4.69%
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders (S2)
    3.13%
    Koufuku Graffiti
    4.69%
    Miss Monochrome 2
    7.81%
    Monster Musume
    1.56%
    Non Non Biyori Repeat
    4.69%
    Noragami Aragoto
    3.13%
    Overlord
    0.00%
    The Perfect Insider
    1.56%
    Punch Line
    1.56%
    Rolling Girls
    1.56%
    Saekano-How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend
    1.56%
    Seraph of the End
    1.56%
    Shirobako [2nd cour]
    6.25%
    Food Wars (Shokugeki no Soma) [1st cour]
    14.06%
    Food Wars (Shokugeki no Soma) [2nd cour]
    4.69%
    Snow White with the Red Hair
    0.00%
    Sound! Euphonium
    6.25%
    Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
    0.00%
    Yuri Kuma Arashi
    4.69%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by bctaris; 12-09-2015, 01:34 AM.
    Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
    TFP Forum Rules

Re: TFP's Anime List Project #13: X-Mas!

My annual Christmas rotation:

1. The Big O Episode 11 - "Daemonseed"
    2. Sister Princess Episode 20 - "Christmas Destiny"
    3. Chrono Crusade Episode 12 - "Holy Night"
    4. Karin Episode 19 - "A Couple's Eve is Embarassing"
    5. Ai Yori Aoshi special - Miyuki (Beautiful Snow)
    Currently Watching | MAL Profile
    Let's make anime great again!

Comment

I also have several "regulars" that I like to watch for Christmas time but after thinking about it a bit, here's my top 5:

1. You're Under Arrest! Season 1, "Santa Claus Panic": Little Maho's faith in Santa is shattered by a thief dressed as Santa who robs her home. Miyuki & Natsumi (With an unlikely assist from Strike Man) go after the thief to restore Maho's faith in Santa.

2. A second for the Chrono Crusade episode "Holy Night" in which the Order of Magdalene helps Azmaria celebrate her first Christmas just as Rosette & Chrono recieve news about Joshua (Rosette's brother) being in San Francisco.

3. R.O.D. the TV, "Christmas Carol": Nenene has to attend a publishing event on Christmas Eve & afterwards the Paper Sisters ask her to celebrate their "birthday" with them (Including the story of how the Sisters first met).

4. Ranma 1/2 OVA Series, "Tendo Family Christmas Scramble": Kasumi puts on a Christmas party at the Tendo Dojo unlike any that the dojo has ever had. The big highlight for me in this episode is the girls (Including Ranma girl-type) all singing a song for the crowd at the party.

5. Patlabor the Mobile Police TV, "Eve's Trap/Eve's Shudder": A two-parter involving a search for Kanuka's visiting grandmother who went missing & SV2 facing the menace of a Labor called the "Phantom", all happening on Christmas Eve.
      Last edited by Jimmie M; 12-12-2015, 01:12 AM. Reason: Correction
      Avatar: The 108th Devil Hunter, Yohko Mano (Devil Hunter Yohko)
      Blu-ray.com / MAL /Games / Figures
      Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmie M View Post
        3. R.O.D. the TV, "Christmas Carol": Nenene has to attend a publishing event on Christmas Eve & afterwards the Paper Sisters ask her to celebrate their "birthday" with them (Including the story of how the Sisters first met).
        Completely forgot about this episode. It was one of the better episodes in the series in my view. I'll have to add it on my lineup.
        Currently Watching | MAL Profile
        Let's make anime great again!

Comment

I might change my mind later about some of these nominations as I can't remember all of the standout Christmas episodes off the top of my head. So for now, I am going with these:

Is the Order a Rabbit? ep. 11: The Girl Dons a Red Coat and Drives a Team of Rabbits Across the Christmas Eve Night Sky
          K-On! ep. 7: Christmas
          Ranma 1/2 OVA ep. 2: Tendo Family Christmas Scramble
          R.O.D. the TV ep. 10: Christmas Carol
          Toradora ep. 19: Christmas Eve Festival
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Asirpa, Golden Kamuy
          Watching: Utawarerumono: The False Faces, Golden Wind
          Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by bctaris View Post
            Er―since there is the 'X-Mas!' list for this project, this may be a thing which you can easily expect, but how about an O-shōgatsu (New Year)-related list?

Comment

Originally posted by kijakusai View Post
              Er―since there is the 'X-Mas!' list for this project, this may be a thing which you can easily expect, but how about an O-shōgatsu (New Year)-related list?
              I certainly would be all over this, and the question would be the timing. While I think that this should be the final TFP project of the year, I also think that one that discusses the best shows of 2015 would also be an appropriate one for the final spot as well. Anyway, this year features one of the best New Year's episodes, but I'll say what it is if and when a list like that happens.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Asirpa, Golden Kamuy
              Watching: Utawarerumono: The False Faces, Golden Wind
              Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                I certainly would be all over this, and the question would be the timing. While I think that this should be the final TFP project of the year, I also think that one that discusses the best shows of 2015 would also be an appropriate one for the final spot as well. Anyway, this year features one of the best New Year's episodes, but I'll say what it is if and when a list like that happens.
                Oh, there will definitely be a New Years topic, next week. (Thanks for the reminder, kijakusai.) I guess a year's best show list may be inevitable, but it would be at least three weeks from now. Of course, the follow through here is the weekly article publishing every Thursday, two weeks after each new topic (though it'll be Tuesdays next year). This Christmas one, neatly enough, will publish on the 24th; but I like that a New Years one would then publish, just as neatly, the 31st. But there will still be two more topics after that (on the 21st and 28th), publishing in the first two weeks of January, covering "year-end" stuff.
                TFP Forum Rules

Comment

I'm going to start old-school, as I try to remember/re-watch/narrow down:

Urusei Yatsura, ep. 10: "Pitter-Patter Christmas Eve" (Though the much later "The Mendo Family's Summer Christmas," episode 79, is more memorable (and I could switch to it), this is where the obnoxious Ataru and the vain Lum, only--or finally--10 episodes in (and not too often again ever after) both show a little heart towards each other, that it's not just electrical shocks and skirt-chasing all the time. It's a sweet, simple, early classic.)
                  TFP Forum Rules

Comment

Toradora, ep. 19: "Christmas Eve Party"
                    Cardcaptor Sakura, ep. 61: "Sakura, the Card, and the Presents"

I'll probably make some more nominations later, as I think over Christmas episodes, but those are definite.

Comment

Oh, there will definitely be a New Years topic, next week. (Thanks for the reminder, kijakusai.)
                      It's a pleasure. Sorry about my having mentioned an idea about the lists which you had already thought up. ^_^

Comment

Urusei Yatsura, ep. 10: "Pitter-Patter Christmas Eve"
                        Oh, Urusei Yatsura is old-school, lad?
                        I was under the impression that old-school anime were something like, say, Mazinger Z. (Since that was in colour, even that may be not very old-school, in a sense.)

Comment

Urusei Yatsura, ep. 10: "Pitter-Patter Christmas Eve"
                          Oh, Urusei Yatsura is old-school, lad?
                          I was under the impression that old-school anime were something like, say, Mazinger Z. (Since that was in colour, even that may be not very old-school, in a sense.)
                          I know, I'm a spring chicken. All relative, of course. My own cut-off, since I really started in the mid-90s (even though I watched stuff as a kid in the 80s without knowing it was anime), is maybe the mid-80s. So for a new fan today old-school could be 2005, at this point.
                          TFP Forum Rules

Comment

All relative, of course. ...So for a new fan today old-school could be 2005, at this point.
                            2005 is old-school? I feel like a really old man. ( ゙ยดω`゙)

I recently mentioned the Super Robot Wars video game series in the General Anime News and Information Thread. Since the Super Robot Wars games had old-school anime robots such as Mazinger Z and Getter Robo and younger people, too, played and enjoyed the Super Robot Wars games, the younger people got interested in older robot anime due to those games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5h2vag-1Ck
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTX1c2c9Urg
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHwXxKgdw4U

Comment

while not episodes, these are some of my favorite Christmas-theme anime:

Manatsu no Eve
                              Tokyo Godfathers
                              The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X