Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2015] TFP's Anime List Project #11: Originality

Widgets Magazine
    Welcome to the 11th week of the The Fandom Post Anime List Project. Where TFP readers can suggest and vote on lists for a wide array of anime-related topics, often relating to the current anime season. Every week a new topic is offered, and the next week its nominees are voted on, while a new topic is opened. Weekly suggestions, and topic suggestions, are open to any registered forum user.

The poll for last week's topic, Favorite Mystery in Anime, is above. Please select up to but no more than five (5) options! Voting on this poll is open until mid-day Monday, November 23rd.

And now the winners of our seventh Top 5 poll, for What Fall Means in Anime:

#5: Hiking / Nature Viewing
    #4: Roast Sweet Potatoes
    #3: School Uniform Change
    #2: Sports Festival
    #1: Cultural Festival

And the topic for this week is: Most Original/Creative New Idea This Season. The concept/plot/theme/character/prop/etc. from the Fall season's shows, so far, that seems to you original, unique, or creative compared to what you've seen before in anime. Another general survey, of sorts, of the state of anime. Please reply to this root post with up to five (5) nominations. Nominations are open through Sunday, November 22nd.

(If you have a topic suggestion, please feel free to post that here, as well!)

Thanks!
    The Big O
    6.12%
    Death Parade
    4.08%
    Detective Conan
    4.08%
    Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
    6.12%
    Eden of the East
    2.04%
    From The New World
    6.12%
    Ghost Hound
    2.04%
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
    8.16%
    Gosick
    12.24%
    Hell Girl
    2.04%
    Higurashi When They Cry
    4.08%
    Hyouka
    2.04%
    Master Keaton
    2.04%
    Monogatari Series
    6.12%
    Monster
    6.12%
    Paranoia Agent
    8.16%
    Punch Line
    0.00%
    Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers
    10.20%
    Steins;Gate
    6.12%
    Texhnolyze
    2.04%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by bctaris; 11-18-2015, 01:33 PM.
    Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
    TFP Forum Rules

Re: TFP's Anime List Project #11: Originality

One Punch Man, Anitore! EX, and Shomin Sample seem to be the most original from this season's slate. Though out of those, Anitore! EX wins since I can't remember the last time, if ever, that I've seen instructional/tutorial videos on exercise done as anime that *cough* panders to us. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
      Though out of those, Anitore! EX wins since I can't remember the last time, if ever, that I've seen instructional/tutorial videos on exercise done as anime that *cough* panders to us. :D
      Anitore's exercise instructional that doubles--intentionally so--as pandering to otaku tastes is probably the most, um, creative thing this season. Yep, that's got my vote.

While that'll qualify, I'm not just looking for just the show itself, mind, but instead what makes them original. I can kind of guess for OPM and Shomin, but there would be personal interpretations to these things, I'm sure...
      Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
      TFP Forum Rules

Comment

Concrete Revolutio - focusing on the problems which can only be faced by superheroes/superhumans

One Punch Man - guy got too strong and is now bored because of all fights ending in one hit.

Young Black Jack - you don't see animes focusing on an upcoming doctor everyday
        My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

Well, this season is pretty short on originality. This would have been a much better question to ask in the summer as I can think of lots of original ideas in that season's offerings that includes a reality show to decide the next king in Castle Town Dandelion, a harem of monster girls in Monster Musume, a girl who is a hardcore gamer at home and a model student outside in Himouto! Umaru-chan, silhouette usage in Rampo Kitan, on-campus jail for naughty students in Prison School, Japanese military in a fantasy world in Gate, ecchi oppression in Shimoneta, fake brave mystery in Rokka, and of course what I think is the best original idea of the season being the zombie apocalypse in a school setting in School-Live!. There just isn't much originality this season as it's mostly sequels, spinoffs, generic light novel adaptations, and shows intended to market video games or apps.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Asirpa, Golden Kamuy
          Watching: Utawarerumono: The False Faces, Golden Wind
          Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Hakone-chan - Hot Springs are not Just for Fanservice
            Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
            Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine