Widgets Magazine

TFP's Anime List Project #10: Mystery!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2015] TFP's Anime List Project #10: Mystery!

Widgets Magazine
    Welcome to the tenth week of the The Fandom Post Anime List Project. Where TFP readers can suggest and vote on lists for a wide array of anime-related topics, often relating to the current anime season. Every week a new topic is offered, and the next week its nominees are voted on, while a new topic is opened. Weekly suggestions, and topic suggestions, are open to any registered forum user.

The poll for last week's topic, What Fall Means in Anime, is above. Please select up to but no more than five (5) options! Voting on this poll is open through Sunday, November 15th.

And now the winners of our seventh Top 5 poll, for Best Light Novel Adaptation:

#5: Toradora
    #4: Monogatari Series
    #3: Haruhi Suzumiya
    #2: Maria Watches Over Us
    #1: Gosick

Congratulations to the winners! Thanks to the voters!

And the topic for this week is: Favorite Anime Mystery. This week's topic brought to you courtesy of The Perfect Insider, this season, Rokka - Braves of the Six Flowers, last season...and others. These are shows that are primarily themed as mysteries, or feature a mystery as a dominant feature of the story line. Please reply to this root post with up to five (5) nominations. Nominations are open through Sunday, November 15th.

(If you have a topic suggestion, please feel free to post that here, as well!)

Thanks!
    Cultural Festival (bunkasai)
    27.78%
    Enjoying the Moon (o-tsukimi)
    5.56%
    Hiking / Nature Viewing
    11.11%
    Roast Sweet Potatoes (yaki-imo)
    16.67%
    School Uniform Change
    19.44%
    Sports Festival (undokai)
    19.44%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by bctaris; 11-14-2015, 04:55 PM.
    Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
    TFP Forum Rules

Re: TFP's Anime List Project #10: Mystery!

Well, I'm just going to throw out the obvious nomination of Hyouka and figure out more nominations later.
    Still alive and lurking.

Avatar: Arisu from The [email protected]: Cinderella Girls, representing my state after each workday.

Comment

Death Parade
      Ghost Hound
      Texhnolyze
      Ghost in the Shell (SAC)
      From The New World

Comment

Let's open this up a little bit. I don't make much of a distinction for these things, anyway, but I'll re-characterize this as favorite mysteries, by the way.

I'll just go ahead with Rokka, in fact. Plus:

Paranoia Agent
        The Big O
        Master Keaton
        Punch Line

There are a couple others I'd almost bump in, as well--both on the episodic end of things, like Maser Keaton, and the macabre/supernatural side that the Japanese love so...
        Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
        TFP Forum Rules

Comment

And now, here are my picks for what I think are the best mystery shows:

Death Parade
          From the New World
          Monogatari Series
          Monster
          Steins;Gate

This season, there's Owarimonogatari, which I think is the best of the Monogatari series, as well as Beautiful Bones, Perfect Insider, and Tantei Team KZ Jiken Note that are all nice shows, though not in the same league as my nominations. Anyway, these shows have some nice mysteries to it with how a person died in Death Parade, what rotten secrets are hidden from the people in From the New World, the circumstances behind each person's misery in Monogatari, just who Johan Liebert is and how he became the monster in Monster, and then there's the whole conspiracy thing in Steins;Gate to go along with the time traveling.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Asirpa, Golden Kamuy
          Watching: Utawarerumono: The False Faces, Golden Wind
          Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Gosick
            Hell Girl
            Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
            Paranoia Agent

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
              Gosick
              Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
              I'll second these, personally. I also don't want to sound like a broken record with it, so I'm glad someone else mentioned Gosick.

I'm a little curious though, does Higurashi qualify as a Mystery anime? I'd like to nominate it as well, but it's not exactly conventional in its methods for telling a mystery story. It's setup to be actions and reasoning between arcs, which definitely gives it mystery aspects, but there's quite a bit more going on there too.

Also, I'm surprised I haven't heard this one put out there yet, but I'll also nominate good old Detective Conan.

Finally I'll give a tip of the hat to Eden of the East.

Ah, there are so many I want to name, I almost want to give an honorable mentions section.
              Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
              Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine
              Working...
              X