X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2015] Garo: Crimson Moon Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    GARO 紅蓮ノ月

The second season in the Garo franchise. This time, the show is set in Japan as opposed to Spain, so watching the first season beforehand is not required.

Airs: Friday, October 9

Studio: Mappa

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Funimation

Heian-kyō, capital and the center of elegant, aristocratic culture, is heavily guarded by a spiritual force field -- or so it seems. In reality, onmyōji (court magi who create the spiritual force field) can only defend the palace located in the northern part of the city; in downtown, monsters known as "horror" that feast upon human souls roam after sunset. There are, however, a group of heroes protecting commoners from "horrors" in darkness.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Asirpa, Golden Kamuy
    Watching: Utawarerumono: The False Faces, Golden Wind
    Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Women are not made for art.

And so this new season begins with some sculptor named Junkei attempting to carve an idol to satisfy Nio's anger, and he fails. So he took it upon himself to go after even more beautiful women, and then he runs into Raikou who takes over Leon's role as the golden knight after falling for Seimei's trap. So he's gone, but that's just the beginning as something far worse than those Horrors has appeared. Compared to the first season, there's far less CG action which allows for things to flow more naturally, and it's off to a solid start there. It will be interesting to see what the relationship between Seimei and Raikou is, as well as what exactly that adversary is.
    Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

The sword chose him.

Now the story explains Raikou's background as he unconsciously killed Hisayori's father. But what really got Hisayori all up in arms is the fact that his father's sword went to Raikou instead of him, and it's proof that he was not worthy to wield it. Raikou was on the verge of becoming a Horror until Seimei came. That was some decent insight on Raikou, whose real name is Yorimitsu, and Hisayori took his father's death the wrong way.

Comment

Episode 3

Somebody put a curse on him.

After the last episode focused on Raikou, this one focuses on Seimei, whose real name is Kiyome. This Douman guy is placing curses and causing all sorts of commotion there. Raikou may be powerful, but overusing his powers is dangerous and Seimei is what is keeping him sane. That was quite some informative insight on Seimei there, and Douman is a pretty dangerous foe.

So with that, I think that will be it for this show. My enthusiasm for this season just isn't there compared with the first season, and while I am getting into this show, I'm having a hard time keeping up for two course of this show. I just wanted to check this out more than anything, and my curiosity has been fulfilled.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X