Chivalry of a Failed Knight Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Episode 3

I likely don't have much of this show left in me, but I'm still finding a few things in each episode better than most of its kind and worth continuing to watch for the moment.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 3

I don't think I'll be missing out on much if I drop this. There were a few cool moments with the animation, I like the colors here, but that's about it. It isn't striking me as something worth it. It's just taking out some time out of my anime period. I've got a lot in my list already. So drop drop drop.
      My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

Episode 4

He can see everything.

This history between Ikki and Kirihara is explained as Kirihara insisted that Ikki fights as his grades are just so bad that he can't take classes. But Ikki refuses and Kirihara refuses to take no for an answer, so he beats him up with Ikki not fighting back. And so, the tournament has come with the two fighting each other, and Kirihara is owning Ikki with his long-range attacks. But after clearing his head, Ikki could sense where he is and where the attacks are coming from for the win.

That was quite a nice fight there, and certainly Ikki proves once again that there's a lot more to fighting than just the things Blazers can do. Kirihara was being such an arrogant jerk there, but his arrogance almost got him killed there seeing that Ikki had the killer instinct in him, but his attack was just a big off the mark.

So with that, this chapter has ended, and so is this show's normal trial period, but seeing that I have one more week with my Hulu subscription that I'll at least watch next week's episode before making a final decision on this show.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
        Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
        Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 4

Ikki tries to put on a confident, prepared front, but it's nice that the perceptive Alice is there to see through it and get Stella to realize. Ikki has had to shoulder the trauma on his own before, but now... the moment when Stella stood up for him in the crowd (and what it would lead to) was expected but sweet to see. With her meeting later, Stella is at first typically flustered and side-steps around her feelings a little bit, but I'm liking it doesn't stay that way with her seemingly being more direct and honest with the cheek kiss. A nice scene, not just for what we see with the romance of the lead two. Looks like Shizuku has had come to an acceptance of what Stella has meant for Ikki.

So that ends the first arc. Curious what we're going to get next. Still some characters we haven't gotten introduced to yet.

Comment

I was expecting to drop this show by this episode, but it was actually pretty phenomenal, relatively speaking. So nice work; you've kept me on board for the time being.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Heh, this episode was one of those things that surprised me in the novels. Not very often, in this type of show/novel/manga, that the lead pair are dating by the end of the first novel.

Comment

Originally posted by contention View Post
                Heh, this episode was one of those things that surprised me in the novels. Not very often, in this type of show/novel/manga, that the lead pair are dating by the end of the first novel.
                Yeah, I was stunned by the mutual confession so early on in this show, although I very much approve.
                My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
                1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
                2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
                3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Episode 5

Everybody wants to learn from him.

Having made a new name for himself as Another One, Ikki is getting a lot of requests from students to learn from him in the two weeks since he beat Kirihara, and unfortunately for Stella his fighting style isn't compatible for her. So Ikki has a special training session in the pool and Stella gets in a shouting match with Ikki over her swimsuit. But in the end they kiss, and both fighters are up against the student council next.

That was pretty much a bridge episode to the next arc here, and seeing that a show like this usually features a swimsuit episode that this is the most ideal time to have it. Anyway, Ikki has certainly made himself known to everybody as an elite fighter, but now he's about to go up against the best.

So with that, this is the final episode before my Hulu subscription runs out and I have a decision to make in regards to this show seeing that whether I will keep my Hulu subscription going or not will depend on it.
                  Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                  Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 5

Nice to get more of a lighthearted breather here before (it looks like) starting up another multi-episode story arc. I like how the jealous bully guys cliche got turned around. Kagami pretty much said exactly what I was thinking was going to happen there. But this is more amusing.

Stella is still as wonderful as ever, fretting how to deal with the stagnation in her and Ikki's relationship since the big romantic moment. Like that they're over it at the end and both of them get that stuff of their chest. It's great to see Kagami catch on with Stella and get to play a romantic support role in addition to the comic relief.

Comment

Re: Episode 5

Wow, this is an incredibly realistic couple. The idea that their "sexual" thoughts amount to a kiss, especially after Stella's bathing assistance before they were even dating, is a little silly, but the way the whole thing played out was pretty great.
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 6

Getting a leg up in swordsmanship.

Ikki has a new student in Ayase, and she's shy and clumsy. But when it comes to Ikki, she will give it her all. While Ayase has skill, her technique is off seeing that she had been trying to imitate her father's style that is made for guys and as such, Ikki goes touching her legs in lewd fashion to get her to adjust her stance. In the meantime, here comes Kuraudo, and he gives Ikki quite a harsh welcome there. The restaurant was about to become a war zone, but in the end cooler heads prevailed. Ikki's next opponent, it's Ayase.

That's a nice way to start up the next arc, and certainly Ayase made a solid impression there with her shy nature and admiration for her father and Ikki. While her father is an expert, he doesn't get recognized because he's not a Blazer. On the other hand, Kuraudo comes across being a jerk who is looking to pick on weaklings without mercy. Things got out of hand there with Ikki feeling Ayase's legs. Anyway, it's a good thing that Ikki knows when to pick a fight seeing how ugly things could have become when his face got all bloodied, and he has a tough opponent on tap.

So with that, I have decided to keep this show seeing that this show has done a solid job in not being too overly generic, all while I like the direction this show is headed. It basically came down to choosing two out of three between this show, Asterisk War, and Antimagic Academy, and clearly it's not the (pun in tended) Worst One of these shows.
                        Last edited by Buckeye; 11-08-2015, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Re: Episode 6

Honestly wasn't expecting that voice... feels like a nice change of pace from what feels like the usual ultra-goofy Kobayashi Yuu role, though, a rather adorable one so far at that. While Ikki gets to helping out Ayase in his usual fashion (help that sure gets quite a physical reaction of Ayase), I like that Stella's concerns are addressed and not brushed of. Interested to see what's at stake for Ayase.

Comment

Re: Episode 6

The harem expands, but it's different from the norm due to the protagonist already being in a legitimate relationship with one of the girls. I continue to be pleasantly surprised with a series that is largely nothing special for sure.
                            My Top Anime | Manga
                            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                            My FP Reviews | Twitter
                            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 7

Gotta fight with honor.

Ikki's next opponent is Ayase, and on the night before the match, Ayase gets Ikki to use his Itto Shura so that he can't use it in the match. Then Ayase slashes away with a trick move, but Ikki sees through all that and wins. And then Ayase becomes friends with Ikki seeing that he sore hands remind him of her father.

That was quite a nice fight there and it just goes to show that there's a nasty side to everybody. In Ayase's case, she's all about using deceit to ensure that her opponent isn't fighting up to full strength. But in the end Ikki's willpower is something that will never be weakened seeing that he has overcome a lot of stuff from before, and it's something that Ayase needs to realize if she wants to honor her father the right way.

Comment

Re: Episode 7

Nothing too surprising in this episode, but at least it's keeping its (low, but higher than expected) level of quality at the same level. I still want to see more development between Ikki and Stella more than anything. Nice to get Tomoko-sensei back for this episode, as healthy as ever.
                                My Top Anime | Manga
                                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                                FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...