X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2015] Hacka Doll Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ハッカドール THE・あにめーしょん

A series of shorts about three androids who are in charge of figuring out what the preferences are for each user of an app.

Airs: Friday, October 2

Studio: Trigger

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Hacka Doll app delivers a customized feed of news for each user. The user answers some simple questions when launching the app for the first time, and then the app will filter the news that caters to the user's personal interests. With daily use, the app automatically analyzes and learns which news articles the user reads and recommends to further personalize the feed. The anime personifies the app's customization engine as three "Hacka Dolls" — the personal entertainment AI and main navigator Hacka Doll #1, the anime expert Hacka Doll #2, and the knowledgeable otaku Hacka Doll #3.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    Last edited by Buckeye; 10-03-2015, 02:40 AM.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Advancing humanity? THere's an app for that.

To start it off, the whole Hackadoll stuff is explained in English. As for this trio of Hackadolls, they are doing a terrible job in advancing humanity, and it shows there when they see advancing that aspiring mangaka comes in the form of eating oden, as well as having a photo of her as Shimakaze of Kancolle. That was funny, but it's something that I can see becoming really irritating over time. So I'll stick with this a little bit longer and see what comes of this.
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Wow, actual English. Weird.

And then into exactly what I expected, as painful as that was.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

This time, the HackaDolls attempt to advance humanity by becoming idols, and with a production agency in need to fill in a spot, the HackaDolls come in and go through some pretty ridiculous and rigorous training, and in the end their performance was laughably bad. The song is silly and the choreography looked like it was done by a child. That was pretty lame, but the fact that they got a fan through that is even more so.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

huh. that 'Cabbage Testing' performance was strange, especially with the gag frames in the animation. Seems like it would've taken longer for the animators to add that kind of inconsistency to the flow, but anyway.. Still, there's a bit of humor to it, passing off as a satirical punch at the industry, if not the fans, especially since some choreography that idols in real life dance to, may exhibit some of that bland, simplistic, and awkwardness to them.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
            huh. that 'Cabbage Testing' performance was strange, especially with the gag frames in the animation. Seems like it would've taken longer for the animators to add that kind of inconsistency to the flow, but anyway.. Still, there's a bit of humor to it, passing off as a satirical punch at the industry, if not the fans, especially since some choreography that idols in real life dance to, may exhibit some of that bland, simplistic, and awkwardness to them.
            I just liked the joke that since only #1 survived the collapse, she's the only one in the ED. Can't help, especially with the run-time, thinking of Hi-sCool Seha Girls in that respect.

Goofy show, I always need one of these. I had no idea what to expect, so I was glad to see they'll be jumping to a new person every episode it seems, but with a call back to their previous...success.
            Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
            Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
            Please Support The Fandom Post

Comment

Episode 3

Another Evangelion parody, but actually a pretty good one. Loved the 'CTRL, ALT, DEL' sequence and Yama-san coding in binary :D Still no signs of the other dolls yet though; also curious whether they'll be included in the ED.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
                Loved the 'CTRL, ALT, DEL' sequence and Yama-san coding in binary :D
                Thought they were just going to hit ENTER, but that was just genius, especially the surprise that it didn't work at first.

Still no signs of the other dolls yet though; also curious whether they'll be included in the ED.
                I have to go with the programmer dude in the mean time: #3 was pretty adorably great as a bear-maid-girl.

And I just noticed that our three leads are Miyu, Kaya, and Nanami from Wake Up Girls! I knew there was another reason I liked this show.
                Last edited by bctaris; 10-18-2015, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Originally posted by bctaris View Post
                  And I just noticed that our three leads are Miyu, Kaya, and Nanami from Wake Up Girls! I knew there was another reason I liked this show.
                  Also Mayu voiced the fujoshi girl in the first episode. Amusing they had an idol episode early on, given that fact.

Comment

Episode 6

Wait, number 3 is a boy? I wondering why he showed up on danbooru under the otoko no ko tag. Anyway we get a sweet episode here with befriending another boy (who thinks he's a girl). Number 3 even tries to give the boy his ribbon (that's a yuri marriage proposal silly!).
                    Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Re: Episode 6

I came across the fact of #3's canonical sex a little while back. So didn't get to be surprised by the reveal he had a "thing" (funny how its first mention in the show is him losing it).

Comment

Glad I wasn't spoiled on #3's endearing trappishness. I knew I liked her him.

But weird how even with that trope of tropes determining the plot of the episode it managed to be one of the stronger stories of the series. Endearing, even. Impressed that the creators knew to dial back any silly interference at the end--#2's A!MG-story depended on it, but this carries through on, of all things, sweetness, alone.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                          I came across the fact of #3's canonical sex a little while back. So didn't get to be surprised by the reveal he had a "thing" (funny how its first mention in the show is him losing it).
                          The fanartists at danbooru have gone completely bonkers with him.
                          Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Episode 7

Haha... "KUROBAKO" Couldn't be a more perfect title for a soul-crushing episode about anime production. This is the dark side of SHIROBAKO indeed. No light at the end of the corner for poor #1 here. Even the other two rallying to help with #2 providing her boob pillow was not enough. Went right back downhill towards an episode that looked like crap. When the prospect of more comes up, #1 makes sure to get the hell out of Dodge.

Comment

Re: Episode 7

Yes, loved the in-show episode title driving the homage home. But bonus for the donut+catchphrase. Funny this is the first direct homage I've seen to Shirobako; but expect many more for years to come.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X