Wagnaria!!3 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 7

So Yamada makes up with her (ninja?) mother, who happens to work for Takanashi's mother! Otoo is reunited with his wife in the most unclimatic way possible. Working is definitely coming to an end. All we need is more movement on the Inami/Takanashi front and this show will have a nice close.
    Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Re: Episode 7

Originally posted by Library-chan View Post
      So Yamada makes up with her (ninja?) mother, who happens to work for Takanashi's mother! Otoo is reunited with his wife in the most unclimatic way possible. Working is definitely coming to an end. All we need is more movement on the Inami/Takanashi front and this show will have a nice close.
      I know, right? The ending of the episode hardly felt like a Working episode...which kind of made it feel like a Working episode for being so easy going among the weirdness. Liked how Aoi's mom--a mother who needs an instruction manual written by her late husband--ended up being a quintessential Working kind of character, as well.

What was curious about Otoo finally meeting up with Haruna (and, perhaps fittingly, it's because of Aoi finally doing something right) was that it came after Otoo finally admitting, in way of giving Aoi advice, how that relationship seems to work even when they're apart so much of the time. And then Haruna echoed it when talking to Aoi later, with the "ships in the night" idea. So, sure, their actual meeting was nothing much, but those two admissions, stitched into Aoi's own story, were effectively all the denouement you need for Otoo's story. I really liked that.

Aoi's problems are out of the way. Not that she will be, I'm sure. Yeah, I guess all that's left is Inami and Takanashi.
      Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
      Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
      Please Support The Fandom Post

Comment

Re: Episode 7

So everything happened boils down to Aoi is basically childish? I'd say this is a let down, but given her established character, it makes sense, too much sense. At least things worked & we still have 5-6 episodes left. Doubt this will be the last we see of Aoi, even if she doesn't run away again I wouldn't be surprised if she still tries to work there.

I suspect that Haruna's entire character is almost a parody of the fact so many characters in this show have issues that only take a few steps to maybe not completely solve their problems, but to at least get started towards solving them. I mean you have someone who gets lost to impossible levels & then is suddenly found just like that. Yeah, she's making fun of the set up in shows like Wagnaria.
        "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
        Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Episode 8

Takanashi better end up with Minami, or there will be blood. Wow, Aoi's mother is slow! Kirio's interpetation of the blank mail was hilarious.

Also, what do anime characters mean by "mail?' Text messages, or actual email?

Comment

Episode 9

Ah, more progress on the Inami/Takanashi front. And Otoo and Naruna could be leading a double life as ninjas.

Comment

Episode 10

Now we're introduced to Souta's mother, who has her eyes on Minami. Some progress with Souta/Minami with them now holding hands. Will Minami survive? Will all the couples get together? Will Souta's mother eat Mnami alive?

"If Inami were Inami, then Inami's Inami would Inami Inami." Heh.
              Last edited by Library-chan; 09-05-2015, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Re: Episode 10

Wow, their mother is the most powerful being in existence. She got Izumi to actually do stuff.

So any chance Popura can get a character arc or is she pretty much a mascot?
                "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"

Comment

Episode 11

Horray! Horray! Horray! Satou and Yachiyo got together! Now on to Takanashi and Inami, who hopefully will survive Takanashi's mother.

Comment

Re: Episode 8

I'm so danged irritated that "Yamada-kun" keeps getting subtitled as "Kirio". Is avoiding honorifics so important, Aniplex, that you have to make annoying choices like this just to get around it?

As far as the show itself goes, though, I'm rather pleased how not only did we finally manage to move some of the character's stories forward, but we get some new jokes out of the situation too. It's feeling surprisingly fresh and appealing after this show had worn out the same jokes for two seasons and some into the third (which is why I was hesitant to follow week by week). Some of that could be expected with this series approaching an absolute end, but it's coming in an earlier and more balanced manner than expected.

And I think coming into this after hearing so much of Fujita Saki as Ayano in YRYR, just makes the lovingly embarrassed side of Inami sound all that much sweeter to me.

Comment

Episode 12

Yachiyo's leaving. CRAP (And did she admit that her and Satou make out at work?) Also, Takanashi (kinda) admits he loves Inami. Then his mother appears out of nowhere as an evil spectre cackling at his new found love. What will you do, Takanashi?
                      Last edited by Library-chan; 09-20-2015, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Episode 13

So we get Mahiru punching out her dad (which was a long time coming), Yamada doing a clip show at the end the only way she knows how, Maya!, and then Takanashi gets kidnapped by his mother at the end while waiting for Mahiru...

but the show's not done yet, with a one hour conclusion TV special coming soon.

Comment

Re: Episode 13

I was going to complain about things not being properly wrapped up, but then that special was announced with an RPG parody included as at least part of it or maybe it's just for the preview. Still it's a good metaphor as really there's just one last challenge for the relationship & it may be a harder one. Since there's only so much we know about the Takanashi Mother.

Popura as a bustyy fair makes me hope the parody part lasts a bit.

I'm still shocked Inami has come so far. Probably that's because most characters in her situation don't try to get better, don't have an actual good reason for it, & have other issues related to it. So maybe that's why it's so shocking.

Comment

Episode 14

Finally, everything we've been waiting to see all story long:

Maya finally complains to her coworkers about not working! Maya finally appears outside of work--and in her school uniform!

Oh, and something about Souta finally confessing to Mahiru.

Actually, pretty amazing how that wraps up almost every little thing, even stuff I hadn't thought about, like Souma being forced to admit how he sees his relationship with Aoi. Or Otoo admitting, finally, that it was good to meet Aoi in the first place. Or Kyouko helping Souta. Or Souta realizing how important Kozue meeting Youhei and Mitsuki through Yachiyo/Kyouko was. Add Nazuna understanding at last what Mahiru is to her brother and her mother (thanks to Mitsuki) acknowledging Kozue's existence for once, and that about wraps it up.

But this all happened as natural as Working! can do it, and there was a real attempt, all this third season, to not to rush any of it. It's always been about relationships, of all kinds, especially the accident of relationships--how the interaction with a third (or fourth or fifth) party benefits two people way down the line. Even if they get tripped up and delayed by those extra relationships on the way.

It's unique enough an ending to satisfy desires for closure while leaving the future of all characters undecided--the photograph, of course, is the whole thing. A special moment when all these people crossed paths before heading in different directions. Restaurant or service work, where few make a career of it, is exactly like that.
                            Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
                            Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
                            Please Support The Fandom Post

Comment

Re: Episode 14

Well, that wraps up one of my favorite anime of all time. We get a love confession out of Souta and Mahiru, but no kiss. I guess that was pushing it. I'll miss you gang.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X