X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2015] Classroom Crisis Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    クラスルーム☆クライシス

A show set in a future where all planets of the solar system have been colonized, and students are training to become pilots.

Airs: Friday, July 3

Studio: Lay-duce

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site | English
    Crunchyroll

Humanity has successfully colonized all the planets in the Solar System, with intentions to continue into new frontiers. Individuals live stable lives in these colonies, including young high school students living in 4th Tokyo on Mars. Two of these students are Iris Shirazaki and Mizuki Sera. Iris is finishing her last year of high school while studying to be a test pilot while her friend Mizuki also works as a mechanic on the aircraft. Her own brother, Kaito, oversees Mizuki and Iris as their homeroom teacher and program director.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    Last edited by bctaris; 07-04-2015, 05:07 PM.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Sitonai, Fate/Grand Order
    Watching: Utawarerumono: The False Faces, Galaxy Angel, Inou Battle
    Simulcasts: EES-2, HIQ-4, GKY-3, IMH-2, DUN-3, IOR-3, STW-3, A3A-2, INU-Y
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

The transfer student is the boss?

The class is supposed to get a new student, Nagisa, and he gets kidnapped. So it's only natural that they go on a rescue mission, but it turns out the cost of the mission was more than the ransom money as Iris was being pretty reckless there, all while Nagisa took care of those kidnappers himself. So pretty much this episode just does stuff without really making much sense of things. I'll give it another episode or two, but it doesn't look like something I'll be watching.
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Blah, I felt no connection with this show. I can't imagine I'll be watching much more.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

When I read about the premise for the first episode, I was not terribly impressed. But…the twist at the end has me slightly interested now. I want to see what direction they plan to go.
        Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
        Scratchy for Tama is angry.
        Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

Well this was a weird way to start the show. I'm not sure I'm following. This was a highly uninteresting episode. The only good thing was that Mizuki was kawaii. Would create a Crisis in her Classroom...
          I was watching this show for the ClariS ED. And I was disappointed since this episode had no ending song. Bummer. I'll give it another episode. If nothing good comes out of it, at least the ED will be good.
          My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

Maybe this will work better after I see the second episode? For the most part I felt disconnected & for some reason I wanted to punch the MC. He may have some good points, but I still want to punch him. Right now I'm not sure what to think of this.

In fact, I can't help but think this might be one of those shows that I'm better off watching as batches in the long run. Err hopefully I'll have a better idea next week.

Comment

Very enjoyable. Easy formula and full of comfortable tropes, but with a setting and cast of characters that doesn't take itself very seriously, so that's just fine. Good, sharp direction helps there, and I like Kenji Nagasaki's galloping style, from a career as a storyboarder. It was very akin, to me, to Tsutomu Mizushima (and not just because of a certain pull-back reveal). Cross-dialogue and character name plates sometimes caused confusion, but I liked the pacing of introducing the poster girls characters and the opening plot at the same time, getting straight to the fun stuff. And there was actually a lot of introduction there; felt like they packed a lot in this first episode: main pair, the teacher/older-brother/comedy-foil, eight more class members, principle, board of directors, and the "new kid", plus what the world is, how it works, even its politics. (Okay, I can see why some might feel slightly lost. )

This looks appropriately silly and absurd, but I like the range of ages to characters, in a slightly audacious concept of folding together a school and workplace comedy into one. So, here's the curious thing: first big original show for Lay-duce, with mostly up and coming creatives behind it (though much experience in the animation director chairs), it appears to be written by Fumiaki Maruto. The guy who created and wrote Saekano. He seems to have begun his career by attempting to deconstruct genre characters--just to indulge in them all the more--so now we can see what he does with those kinds of characters in their native environment.

("Original story" for the show is by MONTWO--group name for Nagasaki, Maruto, and character designer Hiro Kanzaki I wonder?)
              Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
              TFP Forum Rules

Comment

This is another one I think I need another episode of. I was really interested based on the premise - they had me at MARS! And I find the idea of the student-engineers interesting and the character designs are cute. But like others said, I really didn't connect with it. We'll see. I really want to like this one.

Comment

Re: Classroom Crisis Discussion Thread

So according to the twitter account of Classroom Crisis this won't be a romance comedy slice of life thingy. The thing about it being a romcom was either a mistake or was just these guys trolling us. It has more to do with betrayal and intrigue and whatever. So just like this first episode suggested, this anime will be taking on a rather serious tone later on instead of a lighthearted one.

Comment

Originally posted by Yamada2 View Post
                    So according to the twitter account of Classroom Crisis this won't be a romance comedy slice of life thingy. The thing about it being a romcom was either a mistake or was just these guys trolling us. It has more to do with betrayal and intrigue and whatever. So just like this first episode suggested, this anime will be taking on a rather serious tone later on instead of a lighthearted one.
                    I ignore so much in previews and other marketing for shows (though I certainly noticed the promo art for this one months ago) I surely missed that anyone had even characterized this as a strict romcom; certainly not slice of life(!). Given what I've seen so far, and Maruto writing, there will very likely continue to be character comedy, the usual minor romance (these are teen characters after all), and other convenient absurdities (even something like the as usual unrealistic, but entertaining, "asteroid belt" Iris had to fly through speaks to that).
                    Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
                    TFP Forum Rules

Comment

Originally posted by bctaris View Post
                      Originally posted by Yamada2 View Post
                      I ignore so much in previews and other marketing for shows (though I certainly noticed the promo art for this one months ago) I surely missed that anyone had even characterized this as a strict romcom; certainly not slice of life(!). Given what I've seen so far, and Maruto writing, there will very likely continue to be character comedy, the usual minor romance (these are teen characters after all), and other convenient absurdities (even something like the as usual unrealistic, but entertaining, "asteroid belt" Iris had to fly through speaks to that).
                      ANN has romance and comedy as its genres. Other than that. ANN also called it a "school x work romantic comedy" in numerous news articles. It's not just ANN, there was a general notion that this will be a romantic comedy and/or slice of life anime. None of the preview material denied this either (nor did they explicitly say that this will be mainly a romcom). But now it is clear that whether there will be some romance or not, it won't be front and center here.

Comment

More like "the transfer student is corporate Julius Caesar". There's a story from Caesar's youth, wherein while he was travelling in the eastern Med, he was captured by pirates and held to ransom. He, being a precocious little son of a bitch, made friends with the pirates, jocularly informing them from time to time that they were all great fellows, but he was going to have them all crucified someday. They patted him on the head, ignored the cute threats, and sent him on his way, having gotten the ransom. Then he returned with a flotilla of hired warships, surrounded them, and seized their ships. And had every mother's son nailed up on crosses on the nearest beach. The moral of the story: don't fuck with Gaius Julius Caesar, and take the man at his word.

Comment

I've no idea where this is going, but I'm intrigued enough to stick around a bit. Plus, Mizuki is cute.

So their transfer student is their boss who'll be downsizing them? Given that their class is spending $50 billion a year, I can understand.
                          My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
                          1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
                          2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
                          3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Episode 2

A crisis is looming.

While this show continues to be all over the place, at least I somewhat understand what's going on here. A lot is explained here about the A-TEC class and the kinds of work they are being trained for. And then there are those corporate scumbags at the top who intends to dissolve the class with Nagisa becoming a student so that he could fulfill his brother's orders. The Kiryu family sure is a family of slimeballs there, and Kaito is taking a stand. At least it's better than the first episode seeing that it was a crisis in it of itself trying to make sense of everything, and here there's a lot of info dumping. At least this fight could be interesting, so I'll give it one more episode before making a decision.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

This was okay. Nagisa is a success in whatever he does and now he's disbanding A-tec. His chances of success are high but the sensei doesn't want to give up.

This was a rather boring episode with the last part being a bit interesting.

Oh well, if nothing comes out good from this, at least there's ClariS. That's all we need. Also, Mizuki is getting a bit less cute the more I see her especially with that gigantic smile of hers. Her ponytail version is still the best though.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X