X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Spring 2015] Ninja Slayer From Animation Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ニンジャスレイヤー フロムアニメイシヨン

A show ninjas in an extremely dystopian futuristic world.

Airs: Thursday, April 16

Studio: Trigger

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Funimation
    Ninja... Ninja were... merciless demi-gods, ruling Japan with their karate in the age of ninja tranquillity. But, "some" committed a forbidden form of hara-kiri storing their souls at Kinkaku Temple for future resurrection. Their lost history was falsified and concealed and the truth about these ninja was long forgotten.

Now, in the future where the universalization of cybernetic technology and electronic networks are God, suddenly, sinister ninja souls, resurrected from thousands of years past are unleashed on the dark shadows of Neo-Saitama. Fujikido Kenji, is a salaryman whose wife and child were killed in a ninja turf war. In a brush with his own death, Fujikido is possessed by an enigmatic ninja soul. Fujikido cheats death and becomes Ninja Slayer. A Grim Reaper destined to kill evil ninja, committed to a personal war of vengeance.

Set in the dystopian underworld of Neo-Saitama, Ninja Slayer takes on Soukai Syndicate ninjas in mortal combat.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

The ninja to kill all ninjas. That's Ninja Slayer.

I knew that Trigger does stuff that throws me for a loop, but I wasn't expecting that. This feels more like a show out of Adult Swim than an anime with the way the characters move that involves moving the characters in the same stance to do stuff, while the show's video ratio is SD. Anyway, the music is great while it's laying the foundation for a simple act revenge taken by the MC to bring down a great evil, and Kenji gets his first three kills. Well, I'll watch a little bit more of this show before making a decision, but seeing that weird style of animation will take time to get used to.
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Inferno Cop style switching to limited animation switching to the kind of animation we'd like to expect. All in 4:3. I guess that's about as Trigger as you can get. That's not necessarily a good thing. Team Imaishi loves their quirky gimmicks. We can't expect everything to be Gurren Lagann, or even Kill la Kill. Hopefully we'll get another Aniplex-funded full-length two-cour anime-original TV series directed by Imaishi and written by Nakashima without waiting too many more years. Even then Kill la Kill was no Gurren Lagann, but at least there's a better chance in that situation.

But hey, even Inferno Cop had its charm, so who knows?
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

Intercepting rockets is like swatting mosquitoes.

And so, Ninja Slayer's next foe is shooting rockets that gets destroyed by shurikens all while the big guy continues to lay waste with his evil plot. This show just continues to be bizarre in a way that makes me think that what I'm watching isn't anime at all. In any case, I tried to give this show a chance and while I give Trigger credit for being outside-the-box, this is just totally whack. So with that, I'm finished with this show at least for the time being.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X