X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Spring 2015] Nisekoi: (season 2) Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ニセコイ:

Raku's harem has assembled and this heir to the yakuza family has to figure out which of these lovely ladies he is in love with as he will be presented with more suitors.

Airs: Friday, April 10

Studio: Shaft

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Season 1 Discussion Thread

As a child, Raku Ichijo made a secret promise with his childhood sweetheart, keeping a pendant as a memento while his love took the key. He dreams of one day meeting his past love, but years later, reality smashes his hopes when Chitoge Kirisaki accidentally knees him in the face. Though Raku's a normal high schooler, his family heads the notorious yakuza gang the Shuei-Gumi faction. And he's dragged into family affairs when he's forced into a relationship with Chitoge, the daughter of a rival gang's boss.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    Last edited by Buckeye; 04-18-2015, 11:21 AM.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Sitonai, Fate/Grand Order
    Watching: Utawarerumono: The False Faces, Galaxy Angel, Inou Battle
    Simulcasts: EES-2, HIQ-4, GKY-3, IMH-2, DUN-3, IOR-3, STW-3, A3A-2, INU-Y
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 0

While this show begins airing next week, today there's going to be an episode 0 much like with Fate/Stay Night and Saekano.
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 0

It's a pre-broadcast special (description on Crunchyroll says it's a recap of season 1) rather than an actual "episode 0" like those examples.

Comment

So as Crunchyroll's description implies, it is a recap, but at least it's not all old footage like what other recaps tend to be. Nao Toyama decribes the girls in the first half, and then it's old footage from the last three episodes. It's nice to hear Toyama speaking in this setting. Anyway, I now look forward to the new season that begins next week.

Comment

The useful thing out of this episode was the anime's opening which was shown at the end. No ClariS. Bummer. This op isn't as good as ClariS' openings in the previous season. Oh well, looking forward to some good comedy.
          My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

I got to hear a new LiSA song (or part of it, anyway) shortly after seeing LiSA perform live. I'm happy. Speaking of which, nice to hear the old EDs again, especially Kosaki's.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

It's a nice warm up for the upcoming season.
              My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
              1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
              2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
              3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Episode 1

From now on, she's in love.

It's great to be back with this show, and Raku having his locket back as well, but he's not ready to dig in any deeper at the moment. Then Chitoge tries to get Raku to notice her going as far as to use sparkly lip gloss, wash her hair with a super-expensive shampoo, glittering her nails, and finally changing her hair ribbon. But of course, Raku is just too dense to notice it and Chitoge's reaction to all that is just funny. In any case, this show is back doing what it does best, and this episode picks up where things left off quite nicely.

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Ah, so nice to get that new LiSA song so soon after seeing her. And Uchiyama was at AB, too, so that fits. Nice to have all the original girls do the ED as well.

It will be interesting to meet the new girls, but a Chitoge episode to kick it off is a lot of fun.
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Well, that's an interesting OP.

Were those two friends of Chitoge's in the first season, or did I just miss/forget them? I like them.

Comment

Wow, this is such a hard sell on Chitoge…I wonder why the author feels the need to sell her so strongly? The sale pitch isn't working on me though, since she's certainly not my favorite girl.

Picks up largely where it left off…which is with dangling the chance of a resolution in front of our eyes and then snatching it away to annoy us further. It's secretly a show for relationship masochists
                      Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
                      Scratchy for Tama is angry.
                      Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                        Well, that's an interesting OP.

Were those two friends of Chitoge's in the first season, or did I just miss/forget them? I like them.
                        I think one of the girls Haru, Kosaki's little sister, and the other is Paula McCoy, a hit"man" with a rivalry with Seishiro.

A very nice restart. I've really come to like this show, as I've no problem with either Chitoge or Kosaki ending up with Raku.

With 2 parts, this show is all about Chitoge, with the first dealing with what happens now that she's actually fallen in love with Raku.

The 2nd part asks: How dense is Raku, as Chitoge pulls out all the stops to get him to notice her. The actual answers are: He's dense; really dense; mind-blowingly dense; actually not that dense; and mind-blowingly dense.

Really great to have this show back. I'm looking forward to some more unresolved fun (seeing as how the manga is still ongoing).
                        My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
                        1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
                        2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and

Comment

Originally posted by Hitsugi Amachi View Post
                          Wow, this is such a hard sell on Chitoge…I wonder why the author feels the need to sell her so strongly? The sale pitch isn't working on me though, since she's certainly not my favorite girl.

Picks up largely where it left off…which is with dangling the chance of a resolution in front of our eyes and then snatching it away to annoy us further. It's secretly a show for relationship masochists
                          I think you're forgetting that every girl has episodes which are X-girl-centric, and it makes sense to start off with Chitoge, considering that the series started off with her as the main female lead, which she still is, considering that she and Raku are still forced to pretend to be a lovey dovey dating couple. Look for episodes which revolve around Kosaki and the others coming soon to an internet stream near you.

Comment

Originally posted by General Hentai View Post
                            I think one of the girls
                            No, I wasn't talking about the OP there. I meant Chitoge's two friends in class, that recommended the lip gloss to her.

Comment

Great comedy here. Starts off with Chitoge reminding herself that she is in love with Raku. She wants Raku to compliment her and tries her best to make Raku notice the lip gloss and shampoo etc. Good thing it ended with Raku actually having noticed all those things. Wouldn't have been nice if he was a dense loser. He noticed all those minor things but didn't notice the biggest change of Chitoge's ribbon. Lol.

The OP is nice, but not better than the two ClariS OPs of the first season. The opening sequence was just lol.
                              My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X