Widgets Magazine

Kuroko's Basketball (Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season) Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2015] Kuroko's Basketball (Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season) Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    黒子のバスケ

The third season of Kuroko no Basket.

Airs: Saturday, January 10

Studio: Production I.G

ANN Entry

My Anime List
    Official Site
    Daisuki

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | Apple

Episode 51

I really wish I had just watched this on Crunchyroll...

Well hopefully that works out, but for now at least there's more Kuroko's Basketball, and that's always a good thing. Some recap to start off this season after a three-cour gag (actually one cour less than the previous one), but it's still great all the way through as always. Now we're set up for a good grudge match without having our leads in the thick of it. Should be amazing as ever.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Re: Episode 51

This started off differently. A fight. They should've shown glimpses of that new fighter guy in the previous season. Somehow it doesn't feel right. I would have liked it if someone gave that new guy a nice punch in the face. He has just been introduced and I'm already starting to hate that faggot.

Kise is in for a toughie now. It's obvious Kise will win. I'd be surprised if he didn't. But the main match of the season is Midorima vs shorty redhead what'shisname. That's a match to look forward to.
      My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

Episode 52

Kise sure is on the ropes for now. So Haizaki has the same ability but better, as he can actually steal those from everyone around him and disable them from using them. He even stole Kise's girlfriend back in the day! Obviously Kise has to win, so I look forward to seeing this guy get crushed.

Anyone know if this 26-episode season should cover the rest of the series?
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Re: Episode 52

There are some characters you hate and there are some characters you just want to punch in the face. God how I want to punch Haizaki in his stupid face! Well, since I'm getting this feeling, I can safely say that they managed to do a good job in establishing his character. But what is up with his hair? Why the change in style? He looked a little less punchable back in his middle school days. Now I feel like nonstop punching him. Damn. He's got everything your most hated character will have.

I thought that this wouldn't be anything special. Lol. Looks like I was proven wrong. Haizaki has really put Kise in quite a pinch here. He should use the moves he learnt from his match with Aomine. I bet Haizaki won't be able to master those moves that easily. Aomine style will really crush Haizaki I think.

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if this gets another season lol. But assuming the whole story ends with Kuroko's match with the redhead guy in the final, I think this should cover things. Unless they want to add some more unnecessary over-explanations, because in that case it would drag into another season.
          Last edited by Yamada2; 01-18-2015, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yamada2 View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if this gets another season lol. But assuming the whole story ends with Kuroko's match with the redhead guy in the final, I think this should cover things. Unless they want to add some more unnecessary over-explanations, because in that case it would drag into another season.
            I was just wondering if anyone knew where we were in terms of manga coverage; for example if we're about 2/3 through it's safe to assume that this will be the final season.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

I was just wondering if anyone knew where we were in terms of manga coverage; for example if we're about 2/3 through it's safe to assume that this will be the final season.
              Damn your question got me curious too lol.
              Mango readers say that there is a lot left. We've got Kise vs Haizaki going on right now which is presumably short. Then there are two semifinal matches. There is also a flashback arc which is presumably huuuuuge (seriously, the guy said "huuuuuge" which just goes to show how big it is). Then there is a third place match which is probably also short. Finally there is the final which according to said fans is longer than other matches, which are already long enough to begin with.

Based on how things go in this entire series, I think they'll need another 1cour season at least to end the manga. Unless they cut the flashback and save it for an OVA or something or rush things a bit, this will need another season for completion.
              Last edited by Yamada2; 01-19-2015, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Damn your question got me curious too lol.
                Mango readers say that there is a lot left. We've got Kise vs Haizaki going on right now which is presumably short. Then there are two semifinal matches. There is also a flashback arc which is presumably huuuuuge (seriously, the guy said "huuuuuge" which just goes to show how big it is). Then there is a third place match which is probably also short. Finally there is the final which according to said fans is longer than other matches, which are already long enough to begin with.

Based on how things go in this entire series, I think they'll need another 1cour season at least to end the manga. Unless they cut the flashback and save it for an OVA or something or rush things a bit, this will need another season for completion.
                Good to know; thanks. Well I don't think we have to worry about not getting a final season to finish it off not long after this one, so it should all be good.
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Episode 53

So all it took to turn the game around was Kuroko's belief in Kise. Well, Kuroko drawing attention to himself like that is pretty rare, so I guess it is a big deal.

And since some people can't just leave it on the court, Daiki is there to take out the trash.

Time for the Final Four!
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Re: Episode 53

The best scene in this episode was when Aomine punched Haizaki in the face. Damn great job there! He had it coming.

It got a whole lot interesting when Kise did a Midorima style 3 pointer. He didn't use any Akashi style moves. Yeah, that would've probably ruined the suspense. His skills are basically unknown right now. It would've been better if Kise used some more Aomine style moves. Aomine style is the best one here. Kise has become more formidable. Before he only used Aomine style. Now he has also shown to use the other's style too. Kagami and co. are in for a toughie in their semifinal match.

Now we're on to the serious part: Midorima vs Akashi. This is gonna be a good one.

Comment

Episode 54

Now we're talking! Akashi vs Midorima.

Akashi's red and orange eyes look kinda weird. He looks like those chuunibyou losers in many animes who try to look cool with different eye colors lol.

Rakuzan is one hell of a team. The most dangerous high school team. From this episode, I think Akashi is more of a leader type person. Less skilled in the game like the others, but a damn good strategist, hence his role as captain of the team despite being a first year student. Everyone in the team is, like, afraid of him. He's like a dictator lol. And what's more, the guy has never lost. Damn.

His eye (or whatever Midorima said) is something to look out for. It could be something like that eagle eye thing that seirin and the anti-Kuroko guys have.

Comment

Re: Episode 54

Last non-Seirin game of the tournament and our chance to finally see just how perfect Akashi and his incredible new team really are. I wonder if we'll really see any imperfections from Akashi himself in this game, or if that will just be for his teammates and we'll only see them once Seirin finally faces and probably defeats them in the finale. He's definitely quite the imposing figure at this point.
                        My Top Anime | Manga
                        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                        My FP Reviews | Twitter
                        FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Episode 55

So Akashi's eye lets him see his opponents future moves. His power is more like a combination of skill and trash talk. He's a dangerous kid.

Midorima is in a pinch here. Defeating shortie here isn't going to be easy. But we all know Akashi is gonna win anyway. It's that obvious. The question is how does he win. Midorima and Takao's trump card is there last option. I wonder what that is. Next episode will most likely end up this battle.

Comment

Re: Episode 55

So that's Akashi's power. Definitely the ultimate threat as it should be. It should be interesting to see how Seirin will ultimately defeat it and how Shutoku will make a temporary comeback before inevitably being shut down anyway.
                            My Top Anime | Manga
                            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                            My FP Reviews | Twitter
                            FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Episode 56

And that's the end of Shutouku. Midorima put up a good fight in the end, but it wasn't good enough. But seriously though, Midorima taking a pass while in the air, in his shooting position, and then making a 3-pointer was pretty damn awesome.

I'm really not liking Akashi's character. I'm not a big fan of arrogant little guys like him (unless the guy in question is that bastard Gilgamesh). I just can't bring myself to like that guy. It just feels like he's playing dirty. It doesn't feel right. His overconfidence and arrogance, combined, is what's making me dislike the shorty

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X