X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2015] Unlimited Fafnir (Juou Mujin no Fafnir) Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    銃皇無尽のファフニール

A harem where just like in Infinite Stratos and Blade Dance, the guy in the center of the harem has an ability that is supposed to be unique to girls. Being the only male to possess the power of the dragon, his life is about to get crazy being the only man on campus.

Airs: Thursday, January 8

Studio: Diomedea

ANN Entry

My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

With the sudden appearance of the monsters that came to be called Dragons, the world had completely changed. Before long, within the human race supernatural girls with the power of the dragons, called "D," were born. The secret existence of the only male "D," the boy Mononobe Yuu, was forcefully thrown into the school where the girls of "D" gathered—Midgar, where he saw the naked body of one of the students, Iris. Furthermore, meeting his long-lost sister Mitsuki, Yuu seems to have been enrolled into this school...?! "When there's really no other choice, Iris, I will—kill you." "Can I really... believe you?" The curtains open as the "one and only story" about the boy who was supposed to become the strongest assassin and the incompetent girl unfolds—! Unlimited School Battle Action!

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Sitonai, Fate/Grand Order
    Watching: Galaxy Angel, Rayearth, Arte, City Hunter
    Simulcasts: EES-2, HIQ-4, GKY-3, IMH-2, DUN-3, IOR-3, STW-3, A3A-2, INU-Y, KHO, DBG, HIG-G, JJK, MTP, TKW, A3A, ASH, ADV, TSZ, K3B, MWZ, SLP, JEL, SDF, GBF-G, RRQ, DCF, 1RM-3
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

He's the big man on campus. More like, the only man on campus.

Yuu is off to Midgar, and this version is an all-girls school rather than a megalopolis in Final Fantasy VII. Pretty much, this follows the script just like Blade Dance with Yuu being the only male D in this world meeting the first member of his harem while she is naked, and then enrolling in an all-girls school designed for those with special powers. The girls in this show (except for Mitsuki) are nice, while the MC seems to be a decent guy, so at the very least the characters are something I would watch this for. Anyway, whether or not I watch this depends on how well it stacks up against the other harems this season.
    Simulcasts: EES-2, HIQ-4, GKY-3, IMH-2, DUN-3, IOR-3, STW-3, A3A-2, INU-Y, KHO, DBG, HIG-G, JJK, MTP, TKW, A3A, ASH, ADV, TSZ, K3B, MWZ, SLP, JEL, SDF, GBF-G, RRQ, DCF, 1RM-3
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

I would've preferred if Monononobe was a better guy from the start, kinda like Sugisaki Ken from Seitokai no Ichizon or a badass like Kazami Yuuji from Grisaia or at least like the Trinity Seven MC. MCs like this Monononobe guy or the Absolute Duo dude are not fun anymore.

The episode was boring. No wonder it didn't have a PV or CM. I bet Diomedia doesn't even care about it. They were too busy with that World Break anime, Kancolle and that mahou shonen anime. Not enough time for some anime where every girl wants the D.
      My ReviewsMy MAL ProfileMy Anime List

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Typical "throw every dull cliche that seem to have some popularity without putting any new ideas forward or making it engaging whatsoever" show. Not surprising, but I was hoping there would be something more to it.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Episode 2

Think about living, not dying.

So Loki is the one who sent Yuu to the island as it's his job to keep the girls from becoming dragons, and to destroy them if they do. Iris is very close to becoming on and she even tries to kill herself but couldn't find the guts to do it, but with Yuu's arrival that he is her guardian. Anyway, at least it's better than the first episode in that there's something about those girls that could make for something interesting to go down, but still all the cliches are making this a rather dull story. That said, I'll see what happens next as these girls go into action to stop Leviathan.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

An episode of big-boobed loli harem member facing tragedy because of the magic surrounding her and trying her best to get sexual with the protagonist in every way because either that's apparently necessary to protecting her or she wants to thank him, switching between the two reasons. Natural progression.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Episode 3

Becoming a dragon? Not on his watch.

While the girls are busy fighting off Leviathan, Yuu is busy protecting Iris as soldiers are after her life seeing how she's becoming dangerously close to becoming a dragon. And when Leviathan comes into the vicinity, Yuu unleashes his ultimate weapon to obliterate it. Pretty much, things played out as expected seeing how convenient Yuu's arrival to the island is as those girls couldn't take it down and it required Yuu's supercharged cannon to defeat it.

The storywriting has been lazy, but the characters are nice, so if I am to continue watching it would be for that. Anyway, I'll give it one more episode before I made that decision.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

I swear they're making a point to make these CG monsters as hideous as possible. And something finally happens, but it's the same contrived sequence of developments that every other show like this (several of which are airing alongside it) does at this point in its story. No more of this.
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
                  I swear they're making a point to make these CG monsters as hideous as possible.
                  That was a real crappy CG job, one of the worst I've seen in years. The show has potential, but right now I'm in it for Iris. She's just so darn cute! Which isn't a great recommendation for this show, but there's some potential here. What could go wrong with a superior named "Loki"?
                  My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
                  1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
                  2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
                  3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

I'm not sure what people were expecting to happen? The guy to decide the only way to handle the dragon was for everyone to sit down & have tea? At which point the dragon would ask for a cup, & then die of poisoned tea? Actually that would have been amusing. My point is that of course, we're going to have a case of "Monster is trying to kill us, so we must kill it before it kills us" scenario. Maybe people were hoping she'd turn into a Dragon? I'm sure that will happen later, one of them becoming a Dragon. At which point we'd get a cliche scenario of "I somehow restored your humanity" in which case it's better they don't pull that with the first scenario outside flashbacks. Better to save it for later.

I'm going to look at it in a more specific way. Sure the MC was a key factor in winning, but at least they added in things like him getting power from Iris to power the cannon & the fact he pretty much stated the help of Iris was needed. Although this does create a problem for the series. Once we've gone through one "Gasp A Dragon Is Coming, MC! What do we, MC?" scenario, it's going to be hard to have each successive scenario not feel like you're essentially just casting Fire 3 on the Ice Boss instead of casting Lightning on the Water boss to use an analogy.

In the context of being super original this does fail, but I still think it works fine if you can accept formulas.

Also we're going to have a character called Tear Lightning. All negative opinions on this are invalid. Thank you preview.

Comment

Episode 4

His waifu has arrived.

Here comes Tear, who Yuu saved, and she has declared him to be her husband. Not only that, but she takes pride in being a dragon. That was pretty dumb and cliched the way she was introduced, but she did make her presence known to everybody seeing just how crazy she is. Yeah, she's certainly a handful to deal with there.

So with that, the trial period has expired for this show, and right now I'm not quite ready to make a decision yet as I will see how the rest of the shows still in the running shake out. While the storywriting is a joke, the characters are great, so I might continue to watch this show for that.

Comment

Re: Episode 4

The principal is s yuriyuri girl...and very short. So we have Tear potentially turning a into a dragon, but next episode...swimsuits?
                        Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Re: Episode 4

Originally posted by Library-chan View Post
                          The principal is s yuriyuri girl...and very short. So we have Tear potentially turning a into a dragon, but next episode...swimsuits?
                          It's like they're trying to hide from us how they solve the problem. I mean we know they're going to solve it otherwise there would be no story, but still that preview is mean.

In any case, I like Tear Lightning quite a bit. She's already surpassed Iris. I do feel she's a bit too clingy sometimes. However it's clear her clinging is not just because Male Lead means she must love him because he exists. She's definitely using him partially as a reason to avoid others.

On a side note, I tried to watch the opening to see if they show what her weapon could be, but unlike with another series they don't give it away. I call foul on this.
                          Last edited by Momoka Kibi; 02-02-2015, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Episode 5

Live as a human, not a dragon.

Tear has been following down the path of dragondom thanks to Kili, the leader of a dragon cult, and Yuu is telling her to live as a human. But Kili isn't taking no for an answer, so she burned down Tear's house and her family to get Tear to unleash the dragon within her, and she has her sights set on Midgar.

That's a pretty good episode there as Tear sure had it rough there, but she has the support of her friends at the school. And then there's the beach part where it was used to bring the characters together rather than being all about fanservice. While that's going on, Yuu adds one more girl to his harem in Honoka, the one who looks like the Homura of before, and that's a nice moment. So with that, I have decided that I'm sticking with this show because I'm loving the characters in this.

Comment

Episode 6

Trial by fire.

Here comes Kili alongside with an indestructible dragon determined to take Tear with her even if she has to set the place ablaze to do it. Lisa may be strong, but Kili is just way too powerful as she leaves a trail of flames wherever she goes. Seeing that something is wrong, Yuu had to stand up against her and unleashes the power of Leviathan, and now that Tear is fully committed to being human. I'm really starting to like Lisa here seeing how she was quite determined not to let anything happen to Tear, and that was a nice seeing Lisa and Tear interacting with each other. It looks like Yuu finds a weakness in that dragon, but we'll see about that next time as that beast just keeps on coming back unscathed.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X