X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2015] Dog Days" (Season 3) Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ドッグデイズ''

Cinque goes back to Flonyard again during winter break for some more adventures with the animal people.

Airs: Saturday, January 10

Studio: Seven Arcs

ANN Entry

My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Season 2 Discussion Thread

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Sitonai, Fate/Grand Order
    Watching: Galaxy Angel, Rayearth, Arte, City Hunter
    Simulcasts: EES-2, HIQ-4, GKY-3, IMH-2, DUN-3, IOR-3, STW-3, A3A-2, INU-Y, KHO, DBG, HIG-G, JJK, MTP, TKW, A3A, ASH, ADV, TSZ, K3B, MWZ, SLP, JEL, SDF, GBF-G, RRQ, DCF, 1RM-3
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Into the woods.

It's winter break and the trio are headed back to Flonyard, but while Becky makes it to Pastillage, Shinku and Nanami are redirected into a wilderness dropping their hero equipment along the way. There they meet Sharu who helps them find their bags and then use their hero powers to take out the threat that's the result of an ominous presence that is causing the creatures to act violently.

That's a nice way to start off this season here, and it looks like it's going to be more serious since there's a great evil lurking just like in the middle of the first season rather than fully lighthearted like the second season. Shinku and Nanami landing in the middle of nowhere is the first sign of ominous things to come, and it remains to be seen what Sharu's role will be once Shinku and Nanami are out of the woods.

So with that, I'm hoping that Crunchyroll will be able to get this show available to us around the world someday as this is one of the shows I have been most looking forward to this season. I'm not exactly sure if I'll be motivated enough to watch more of this should it remain status quo.
    Simulcasts: EES-2, HIQ-4, GKY-3, IMH-2, DUN-3, IOR-3, STW-3, A3A-2, INU-Y, KHO, DBG, HIG-G, JJK, MTP, TKW, A3A, ASH, ADV, TSZ, K3B, MWZ, SLP, JEL, SDF, GBF-G, RRQ, DCF, 1RM-3
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

We fight together.

After finding the hero equipment, the three countries agree to an alliance to fight those demons even if Sharu insists that it's not their battle to fight. And just in the nick of time everybody arrives to take care of that threat while everybody gets to meet Sharu, the dragon priestess. This season is going the serious route here, and while the serious stuff didn't fare too well in the first season, this time the show is going in that direction from the beginning, and we'll see how long that lasts. So far it is looking great.

Comment

Episode 3

This time, war is real.

The battle rages on as this demon acts like a parasite sucking out the life of the creatures to create more of its kind. The monster at the center of it all has to be shot with an enchanted arrow from Sharu, and that is made possible once the heroes get their crystal to clear the way. So with that, the serious part of this season has ended and at least for the time being, it's back to being lighthearted with the heroes making a new friend. This season has been very nice so far as the previous seasons did a lot of setup for this moment and it all comes together here.

So with that, I have a decision to make with this show that I would not have been making had this show gotten a streaming deal. While my policy doesn't apply to sequels, I'm not sure if I'm motivated enough to continue going over to the dark side to watch this.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X