Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2011] Double J Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    Because I feel like trying out yet another series. Let's see why the J needs to be double! What?

ANN Entry

Note
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Post Reply" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Quote" to the post you want to reply to.

Episode 1

Sadly the episodes are only four minutes and it's definitely a limited budget series. Ah, well, it's not a terrible way to kill time.

In any case, I think the main one that stands out for me is Toothpick-san. There's a nickname for you.

Comment

Episode 2

The President has ancient style manga. Here's the first part of the manga. Note it's the only part of the manga. Wait! What?

Oh, and he's got a modern version of it. Which leads to a spot the differences game.

Sudden drama! The club is about to be disbanded.

Hajime, you shall accept Apple Juice from Sayo!

Comment

Episode 3

I like how they were like "Oh, there was supposed to be some dramatic cliffhanger? Not to worry, we already solved it". That's just evil.

Hajime and her quest to find traditional art isn't going very well.

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Originally posted by Tenshi Hinanai View Post
          Sadly the episodes are only four minutes and it's definitely a limited budget series.
          I like to think they spent the whole budget on the ending animation, but maybe that isn't a good way to look at it.

The show is certainly an interesting look at "traditional arts," raingutters girl looks down on putting glue on envelopes, but doesn't say anything about making artificial flowers.
          My animé & figure collections
          Hummingbird
          || Tweeterings
          XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Episode 4

We learn why President Toba never joined the manga club. Based on the events, I'm glad he decided against it. Ok, it does mean he's around to take screen time away from girls, but it's the principle of the decision.

That club (for this series anyway) was clearly more about "conforming" than anything else. Not that I'm against people following the ideas of others, but it should be a choice. It shouldn't be forced.

Maria comments that just because she makes carvings on toothpicks doesn't mean she'd join a toothpick club. Yes, she's toothpick-san. Forgot to mention that.

Ok, I'm confused. Maria's seiyuu is listed Omigawa Chiaki. Yet the one who sounds like her is actually Hajime.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

That's quite the story so far...

Speaking of stories: ancient manga...

A story about a boot-wearing frog could be interesting, but then it would lose all the "appeal" of Chouju-giga.
              Hummingbird
              || Tweeterings

Comment

Re: Episode 3

This is certainly not a show to be taken seriously.

She's finally found a traditional art which only she can do, kamaboko pad curving! "What's that you're doing, Mom? Adding a curvature to kamaboko pads?!"

I'm still not sure what this show is trying to say about "traditional arts."
                Hummingbird
                || Tweeterings

Comment

Re: Episode 4

Originally posted by Tenshi Hinanai View Post
                  That club (for this series anyway) was clearly more about "conforming" than anything else. Not that I'm against people following the ideas of others, but it should be a choice. It shouldn't be forced.
                  I think Toba was more upset that the club refused to teach the V.P. anything about manga. Which would be frustrating if you're new to something, but couldn't find anyone willing to teach someone without experience. It's kinda like all the job openings that require 5 to 10 years of experience for an entry level position.
                  Hummingbird
                  || Tweeterings

Comment

Re: Episode 4

Originally posted by EyeOfPain View Post
                    I think Toba was more upset that the club refused to teach the V.P. anything about manga. Which would be frustrating if you're new to something, but couldn't find anyone willing to teach someone without experience. It's kinda like all the job openings that require 5 to 10 years of experience for an entry level position.
                    *Thinks* Yeah, you're right about that. It also makes me think of the old "Catch 22" saying. Such situations are frustrating.

Comment

Episode 5

The President of the Comedy Club declares that love should not stand in the way of comedy.

The President of the Comedy Club then falls in love with that guy.

Her attempts at making a joke don't go over well. Especially when the joke was already made by someone else....

Comment

Episode 6

A Rabbit and Frog speaking human language, that's weird. However its perfectly fine for them to be boxing like humans. Yeah, the rules of story telling confuse me as well.

Yutaka is cute, well as cute as can be in a low budget series....

Comment

Episode 7

I'm not sure having anime characters educate us on real life stuff is the best idea. Heck until the girls appeared, I was starting to wonder if they had forgotten this was an anime.

Poor Maria, the name Toothpick-san will never escape her.

Remember being an Assassin is important to support your life!

Comment

Episode 8

Sanada, a trainer of Tits! And by that I mean the bird. Sanada can summon Tits! Again, the bird.

So two other bird trainers feel they can both win over Sanada with their birds of choice.

Note that both are guys. Also not the third person, which is clearly a girl is the one she blushes at.

As such, my mind goes in that direction. I'm going to be sad if turns out that's a trap.

The most important question. If Sanada can summon birds, can Mari summon toothpicks?

Comment

Episode 9

Yeah, there's a definite change and it's scary. Art style jokes can be dangerous.

That's a lot of focus on the frog manga.

Poor Toothpick-san, having to deal with such questions.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X