X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2011] No. 6 discussion thread

Widgets Magazine
    NO.6

So I kept looking around for the discussion thread, but it looks like it hasn't been started yet since I couldn't find one. So, here it is. This is one of the two Noitamina series of the season, and this season they're both on Crunchyroll interestingly enough (first time that's happened, I believe).

Animation studio: Bones

ANN entry
    Official site
    Crunchyroll simulcast

Note
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 07-14-2011, 06:35 PM.

Episode 1

Discussion of the first episode (which I saw several days ago) goes here. Privileged honor student Sion meets fugitive Nezumi...

Comment

Episode 2

As I expected given the preview for last episode, seems we have already jumped four years from the first episode. I really got the feeling that this series was really going to irk me with the "injustice" thing, like what happened with Deadman Wonderland. It kinds of does, but this interests me enough that I think I'm going to continue watching. I was wondering if Sion's seemingly different hair color in the OP/ED had something to do with the aging thing that killed random guy and his coworker, but we don't see anything happen yet (maybe it's something else that happens later, but I was curious about that).

And wow, Safu is so very direct! I loved that... Sion's response was obvious though as I don't think they want to let that get in the way of those with yaoi goggles.

That little girl Lili is so adorable. Makes me anxious to see such a cute girl in a serious series like this, though. Never knows what's going to happen to them...
      Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 07-14-2011, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

I enjoyed this more than the first episode as we got a bit more in the way of plot. Some of the methods that were used to show what happened since the first episode were a bit lazy though. Would he really have not told his best friend anything about why he suddenly couldn't go into the gifted track?

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
        And wow, Safu is so very direct! I loved that... Sion's response was obvious though as I don't think they want to let that get in the way of those with yaoi goggles.
        Safu demands sperm! Right now! Yeah, they're really pushing the BL angle so Safu has little chance of her romantic hopes panning out.
        Avatar: Pariya from Otoyomegatari.

Comment

Re: Episode 1

That was...ok? I guess?

Didn't really grab me, and the setting isn't exactly breaking new boundaries.

Hmm, I thought Safu was Taketatsu Ayana, but she's actually a pretty new seiyuu, Yasuno Kiyono
          VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
          Vivid Impact!
          Vividred Operation

Comment

Dystopian Dystopia is Dystopian.

Anyway, decent episode, Safu is hilariously unromantic, and Sion is completely gay for Nezumi.
            VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
            Vivid Impact!
            Vividred Operation

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
              Discussion of the first episode (which I saw several days ago) goes here. Privileged honor student Sion meets fugitive Nezumi...
              I watched this last night and quite enjoyed it even with the boy love undertones. I am interested to see where this goes next, especially (mostly) with the world-building aspects. Great animation by Bones, as usual.
              http://myanimelist.net/profile/Midvalley
              Favorites: Cowboy Bebop, RahXephon, Voices of a Distant Star, Ergo Proxy, Berserk.
              Currently Watching: Steins;Gate, Blood +
              Someone License: Dennou Coil.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly05 View Post
                Safu demands sperm! Right now! Yeah, they're really pushing the BL angle so Safu has little chance of her romantic hopes panning out.
                I always find it interesting seeing how a writer decides sex should be viewed in a future society, though it's hard to tell if Safu is representative of all of No. 6, or if that was just her version of "flirting."

If I had to guess, I'd say the bee thing is definitely going to be the cause of Sion's hair color change, especially after that close-up of his neck. The question is whether or not the bee jumps from host to host, or if it's caused by something else. We didn't see the 31-year-old man before he died, but maybe he had some anti-establishment thoughts like Yamase? But that seems unlikely.

And there's no way that reporter and little girl won't show back up, though whether he'll be reporting in favor of the government or Rat's group is hard to tell at this point.
                My animé & figure collections
                Hummingbird
                || Tweeterings
                XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

This episode definitely has me wanting more. The way Safu was hitting on Sion... okay, even I would have picked that up, and I'm oblivious. I do suspect she's out of commission for quite a few eps now, though. But the rest of the episode raises quite a few more questions. It'll be interesting to see where it goes, and just how they see the side-effects of a utopian society. To top it off, that next episode preview sure didn't help...
                  -dunno001
                  -Here, kity, kitty, kitty...
                  -Moderator for US region, General anime, Off-topic, Gaming, Manga, and Site news forums

Comment

Re: No. 6 discussion thread

I went to this show, with very little expectations, but after a couple of episodes, I want more, I am hoping it continues to surprise me every week

Comment

Seems OK so far. The direction this series is going is pretty much given away in the next episode preview. I'm curious why Sion was so fascinated about the typhoon. Maybe he's just weird, like Nezumi said.
                      Avatar: Light Yagami (Death Note) in Nendoroid form.
                      Watching: ERASED [Crunchyroll], Your Lie in April [Netflix], Dragon Ball Kai, Hunter x Hunter [Toonami]
                      On Hiatus: Too much to list...

Comment

Episode 3

Oh man, the scene where Nezumi was caressing Sion's face.

Anyway, the events here would have been more of a surprise without, you know, the OP and ED spoiling it, but whatever.

I can't wait to find out why No.6 is so amazingly horrible.
                        VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
                        Vivid Impact!
                        Vividred Operation

Comment

Episode 4

Ergh. There was some decent character development, but I felt there was a lot of wasted time, and I really hate that in noitaminA shows, since time is so precious in them.

Sion flipping out was odd, he showed a surprising amount of strength.

Dogkeeper confronting Nezumi was just dumb. Why bother?

And of course, no answers.
                          VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
                          Vivid Impact!
                          Vividred Operation

Comment

Re: Episode 4

Originally posted by Fencedude View Post
                            Sion flipping out was odd, he showed a surprising amount of strength.
                            Indeed, it was quite... queer. :D

...sorry.
                            My animé & figure collections
                            Hummingbird
                            || Tweeterings
                            XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Safu wants sperm, and she wants it now! :D

A timeskip after one episode... That has to be a record.
                              Avatar: Light Yagami (Death Note) in Nendoroid form.
                              Watching: ERASED [Crunchyroll], Your Lie in April [Netflix], Dragon Ball Kai, Hunter x Hunter [Toonami]
                              On Hiatus: Too much to list...

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X