X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2011] R-15 discussion thread

Widgets Magazine
    R-15

Ero novelist enters a school for geniuses... Not sure what to expect of this series, but Nawa Munenori has directed some decent stuff in the past (even if nothing spectacular, some of them are above average or surprisingly good in my mind), so I'm curious at least. There are lots of completely new seiyuu in the cast.

Airs Sunday, July 10 at 01:00 JST on TV Kanagawa.

Animation studio: AIC

ANN entry
    Official site
    Niconico simulcast
    Crunchyroll simulcast

Note
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 07-13-2011, 01:57 AM.

Re: R-15 discussion thread

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
    There are lots of completely new seiyuu in the cast.
    I treat new seiyuu like knuckleball pitchers - they're either really, really good or really, really bad. No in-between or mediocrity in my view. We'll see how this goes as I'm pretty curious about the storyline and what direction it'll go.
    Currently Watching | MAL Profile
    Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Episode 1

More flashes of light censorship here... It was a bit more ecchi than I expected, even given the premise. Taketo's imagination does provide for a yuri scene once, so that's nice, but uh... can't see much.

The genius thing makes it easy to expect a specialized quirk from each of the characters. I was rather amused by the bit near the beginning where we had expository narration, and then it turned out the narration by was by one of the students who was a genius at it.

Can't say much stands out about the mains just yet. Raika, the photography genius, was the one we stood out the most of this episode, seeming to revel in Taketo's perverseness and disappointed when he's not. Fukune appears to be the main girl, but hasn't done much besides being shy, scared, and playing the clarinet. Taketo's imagination and writing seems to be more "pure" when she's the subject. Like that when he started writing there near the end he came up with a clarinet-themed magical girl.

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Well, that was a lot of fun, but those darn lights are evil.

I like the cast overall, especially Taketo and Raika. Ero geniuses are so misunderstood, and I do find Raika reveling in Taketo's erotic thoughts to be amusing. She's totally a voyeur. Anyway, it's wayyyy too early to tell where this is going, but I hope Taketo suceeds in his goals. He's got it rough because of what he does. As for the rest of the cast, the Newspaper Chief is totally sexy and busty, and the cheerleader girl's outfit is revealing. Fukune is cute, but that's about all I can say.

The opening scene was sexy, and so were the rest of the thoughts Taketo was having, but the cursed light...Anyway, I guess someone called a hit on Taketo because it seems the missile was aiming specifically for him. Also, the scene between Taketo and his friend was getting very . Yaoi overtones would only be a plus for this series for me.

All that said, I'm looking forward to more of this show.

Taketo's imagination and writing seems to be more "pure" when she's the subject. Like that when he started writing there near the end he came up with a clarinet-themed magical girl.
        Bah, I wouldn't worry about it. If there's one thing that all my pr0n experience has taught me, is that anything can be eroticized, even cute clarinet-playing magical girl geniuses :D.*

*Whether one will enjoy it or not is a different matter entirely.

Comment

Another show that didn't seem to have much to offer me, since fanservice doesn't sell a series for me. Even so, censorship that makes it impossible to see the screen at all is just annoying. The thing about everyone being a genius is really dumb, but obviously they didn't have any illusions to the contrary, so that could make for some funny moments if they play it right. The narrator bit was by far my favorite part of the episode. Probably not going to watch any more, though.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Well, that was...ok...ish. I guess. The censorship was pretty annoying though.

Voice cast is almost entirely new, so nothing to really say. Main guy is whatever, the girls have nice designs, but can't say much about them yet. Speaking of designs though.

These character designs looked really familiar, so lets see, Fujita Mariko, did the character designs for Kampfer, Campanella and Strain (among others), which explains a good deal about it. But there is something else about them that really seems familiar. The original designs are by Fujima Takuya, who did the art for the Negima Neo manga and, the...AH HA! He did the art for Nanoha Vivid! Which explains why Einhart is in this show.

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention, the one really good joke was the Genius Narrator girl. That was absolutely brilliant.
            Last edited by Fencedude; 07-11-2011, 04:13 AM.
            VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
            Vivid Impact!
            Vividred Operation

Comment

Well, Ran and the camera woman were kind of fun. Too bad the yuri is only in the guy's head, as Ran is basically guaranteed to be straight.

The rest of the girls didn't get a chance to make much of an impression.

The show itself is... okay. But it also has a good amount of annoying censorship, and, frankly, the stuff they're censoring is the main thing the show has going for it at the moment.
              So there's this thing called Twitter

Comment

Episode 2

"No, I guess that isn't strange. Because Ran's..." Hmm... so I wonder if they are really trying to say Ran is a lesbian there, or if it's something else. Kind of feels like she'll end up being in Taketo's harem regardless.

I like Kagaku's explosions this time... they actually worked well finishing up Utae's concert.

I'm kind of relieved like Taketo that Utae doesn't have an angry reaction to finding out what he writes. It would be annoying if that's all we got the whole series. She's pretty sweet.

Taketo helps Utae become confident again with the magical power of his ero writing. Err... yeah, that whole thing was kind of ridiculous. I do like seeing Utae in Arabian clothes, though.

Ridiculousness aside, I'm a bit more into the series than with just the first episode. It felt more focused and not as random.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Hmm... this show stays teetering on the edge of my dropping it. I don't care for all the fanservice, even if I do love the scenes with Ritsu. But the story is picking up, so it might be harder for me to actually stop watching.
                  -dunno001
                  -Here, kity, kitty, kitty...
                  -Moderator for US region, General anime, Off-topic, Gaming, Manga, and Site news forums

Comment

Originally posted by Fencedude View Post
                    Well, that was...ok...ish. I guess. The censorship was pretty annoying though.
                    The censorship makes it unwatchable as far as I'm concerned. It didn't help that the opening scene was deliberately narmish to start with - I *hope* they were going for "crosses the line twice" there - and add stone-ugly censorship on top of that, and I just lost all interest in their little ecchi confection. So I went off and watched some Good Luck, Ninomiya, which stank on ice, but at least the terrible animation wasn't obscured by horrible, jarring censor flares. (Good Luck, Ninomiya was dull enough that I started playing a wargame while it was playing so as to have something else to occupy my attention in between fanservice beats. Think I'll go read a book instead...)

Comment

Episode 3

Raika was a bit of a bitch for spreading those photos, and I'm hoping Ran dials down the annoying side of her man-hating at some point... This episode seemed to mainly getting to know the lead girl Fukune a bit more, well, as much as we can. She doesn't talk much and seems to be rather calm (not overreacting to the predicament of being stuck to Taketo) compared to many characters in the show. She's cute but there's not too much to say about her personality other than its inoffensive at least.

Comment

Finally got a chance to catch up with the start of this series. From what I saw from the first episode the "white-out" censoring is going to be a major issue with me, and it's fast becoming a big turn-off for me. However I did see some good potential with how the storylines are going to be handled, and the cast of characters are pretty entertaining. Like EB said, no real standouts among the main cast, though I do like Raika and Ran the most. The voice acting wasn't too bad for a bunch of newcomers. Not a bad start to the series despite the glaring and distracting censoring.

Comment

I'm kind of relieved like Taketo that Utae doesn't have an angry reaction to finding out what he writes. It would be annoying if that's all we got the whole series. She's pretty sweet.

Taketo helps Utae become confident again with the magical power of his ero writing. Err... yeah, that whole thing was kind of ridiculous. I do like seeing Utae in Arabian clothes, though.

Ridiculousness aside, I'm a bit more into the series than with just the first episode. It felt more focused and not as random.
                          Yeah, I think the potential with this show is starting to break out with this episode. The censorship is still annoying as hell, but so far I can push that aside if they continue to stay focus on keep the story as real as possible.

And Utae did look very hot in her Arabian outfit .

Comment

Episode 4

I don't really get what is up with Raika's obsession to capture "ugliness" in her photographs. It's kind of annoying she keeps having no qualms about subjecting Taketo to misunderstandings throughout the episode. Maybe she will tone it down from now on, though.

Yoruno Misa is probably my favorite character in the show so far. I love eccentric occult-type girls, and she's so cute. Seems like she's pretty minor, though, which is a shame.

Comment

So for reasons that will become clear later, I've picked this up again.

Anyway, the male lead is less horrible than the lead of Mayo Chiki, so if I can keep watching that, I can watch this.

The censorship in this show is so stupid, like seriously guys, you censor the bra straps on her back?

Ok, I really don't quite get why Einhart Utae stripped like that, but...yay?

Also is it me or is the putative female lead a complete non-character at this point?
                              VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
                              Vivid Impact!
                              Vividred Operation

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X