Widgets Magazine

Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi (A Dark Rabbit has Seven Lives) discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2011] Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi (A Dark Rabbit has Seven Lives) discussion thread

Widgets Magazine
    いつか天魔の黒ウサギ

Airs Saturday, July 9 at 01:05 JST on Teletama.

Animation studio: ZEXCS

ANN entry
    Official site
    Niconico simulcast
    Crunchyroll simulcast

Note
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 07-13-2011, 01:57 AM.

Episode 1

Well, looks like we have another fanservice and action-filled series with a seemingly immortal male protagonist from Kadokawa. Except this one feels rather mediocre, and I can't be surprised given it's ZEXCS animating...

Saitohimea is always so cute and cheery, even when she says she going to curse and kill... Seems rather dull so far, though I do like her long multicolored hair.

I was wondering who it was voicing Haruka, and looks like it's Mina. I don't remember Sohara sounding like that - seems more sweet-sounding overall this time.

The Gekkou creep has a rather misogynistic start. All of the girls don't seem to care and get encouraged by his insults...

I think my favorite part of the episode was Mirai's reaction to Taito becoming a bloody mess with a severed head.
    Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 07-08-2011, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Re: Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi (A Dark Rabbit has Seven Lives) discussion thread

I didn't really know what to expect of this show, but I loved the first episode. I wasn't expecting the small bit of gore, and I'm not very good with gore. The headless body was almost too much for me to handle.

Anyway, Haruka is totally cute. Taito should just forget Saitohimea, especially since she creeps me out. However, there's no telling what she'd do to him. Still, even if it was for a brief moment, Saitohimea did seem to genuinely care for Taito's happiness. I guess only time will tell. I'm curious to see what the deal is with Saitohimea.

Gekkou is definitely a conceited jerk. I already don't like him.

On a random note, if I recall correctly the massive panty shot scene in the preview was uncensored and yet the episode seems to have the panty shots censored out with light. It just seems it bit weird

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Yeah, my first thought was that this seems just like Kore wa Zombie desu ka? except it doesn't have the insane humor, which kind of kills any enjoyment I could have gotten from it. The animation looks pretty mediocre, and I know they're just adaptations, but somehow I don't think I've ever liked any ZEXCS anime. Well, that's probably it for me on this one...
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by FUNiOP View Post
          I know they're just adaptations, but somehow I don't think I've ever liked any ZEXCS anime.
          I think the most enjoyable series I've seen from them would be Chu-Bra!, which really isn't saying much, since it was somewhat forgettable. They tend to range from series I'm only OK with (Rental Magica, Fortune Arterial) to plain wastes of times (most of Omamori Himari when Shizuku wasn't involved).

Comment

Re: Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi (A Dark Rabbit has Seven Lives) discussion thread

Uh, well, this is certainly one of the more interesting opening episodes of the season in concept, even if the execution leaves something to be desired.

And I love the ED. The very first notes were incredibly Hymnos-esque, so I was not at all surprised to find out that Shikata Akiko did it. I'll definitely have to import this ED.

Too bad my video player is a little bitch and often can't handle the audio for some reason during OP/ED scenes. I think its the karaoke subs that screw it up, so, additionally, screw the stupid karaoke subs that people keep putting in these videos.

Also too bad about the annoying, stupid and pointless censorship though. So its totally fine for us to see his headless neck, but suddenly it has to be censored when its being put back on? We can have fox-girl's panties fill the screen, but they have to block out a few random girls' panties when they're oggling Gekkou? I can at least understand that a station may feel the need to not show some things on TV at times. But this is just so painfully obviously there *purely* to annoy and get a few extra DVD/BD sales.
            So there's this thing called Twitter

Comment

Episode 1

Originally posted by Hitokiri View Post
              And I love the ED. The very first notes were incredibly Hymnos-esque, so I was not at all surprised to find out that Shikata Akiko did it. I'll definitely have to import this ED.
              Haha! Yeah, I knew it was her from the very first notes. Incredibly distinctive style.

Anyway, show is interesting enough, Taito seems pretty decent. Himea is great, as is Gekkou's sidekick. Gekkou's getting kind old already though.

Though the first thing that came to mind when Taito get hit was, "kore wa zombie desu ka?"
              VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
              Vivid Impact!
              Vividred Operation

Comment

Episode 2

That sure was some Fukuyama being Fukuyama.

I kinda like Gekkou now, actually.

Anyway, looks like this could be pretty decent all in all.

I like how Taito's not whining about his situation, and is completely into the idea of protecting Himea. Though I feel kinda sorry for Haruka, but thats what she gets for being the most Osananajimi Osananajimi EVER.

Also it seems that you can tell important female characters by the gradiant hair.

Someone should check and see if the first part of the ED theme actually is hymmnos.
                VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
                Vivid Impact!
                Vividred Operation

Comment

Saitohimea is pretty and err the aging scene to make herself fifteen was interesting. Make of that statement what you will.

Haruka, I'm going to feel so sorry for. She lost before the show even started. That being said, there's always the potential for finding better.

Mirai is awesome, fun, and lovely. She deserves plenty of screen time,

Gekkou deserves to thrown into a fire, but that would be considered cruel to the fire. Why do I get the feeling if he killed one of those fan girls the rest would be like "Kill me too"?

There are some definite kinks to work out, but it has some potential. (Hey maybe I'll actually finishing try the shows I'm supposed to try before the Autumn season starts)

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Gekkou comes off a bit better this episode. Helps to do things aside from being a complete jerk.

Taito is certainly dedicated to Himea. Speaking of Taito, I wonder how many times he'll be one death away from dying in battles? I ask stupid questions.

Himea's hair is amazing.

Mirai continues to be "love" and her other form is nice too.

Yeah, with characters like Mirai and Himea, I plan to try more of this.

Comment

Episode 3

So the school is an intersection of dimensional rifts. That...makes sense. I guess.

I'm betting that since Haruka has gradiant hair, she's probably not quite human, even if she doesn't know it herself.

Mirai's way too much fun, even if she is Pikachu.
                      VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
                      Vivid Impact!
                      Vividred Operation

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Maybe I need to re-watch the first two episodes, but I have to ask. WTF did the male lead do to everyone in this series? Not only do we have the male extras deciding "It's a crime for any girl to like the male lead". We have the female extras being the same exact way. Usually the girls take up the role of auto-hating the female lead the second any guy dares to like her.

Well, this episode does answer the question of what Himea is. So she's in fact a witch. Wait, someone get her a hat, quickly!

Originally posted by Fencedude View Post
                        So the school is an intersection of dimensional rifts. That...makes sense. I guess.
                        Well, at least they didn't wait until 90% of the way through the series to give some type of explanation. Still the part about the age limit, I wonder how long before that becomes a plot point. That's assuming the characters will even age in this series. Yes, I realize even if the source material gets that far, the anime may not.

I'm betting that since Haruka has gradiant hair, she's probably not quite human, even if she doesn't know it herself.
                        This bet better be won. If there's one way to give Haruka a stronger role in the series, this would be it. In any case, her "scene" in between the info dump stuff almost feels like foreshadowing.

Mirai's way too much fun, even if she is Pikachu.
                        So that explains her appeal, they found a way to make Pikachu much better.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

That would explain my high school too.

Comment

Episode 4

ARGH

SLOW THE FUCK DOWN. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!

Seriously, the show is just rocketing from one plot development to another, without explaining anything or giving it a chance to sink in.

And now there's something going on with Haruka!

I have no idea what was actually going on this episode!
                            VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
                            Vivid Impact!
                            Vividred Operation

Comment

Re: Episode 2

So Himea wanted him to say by her side and cursed him with semi-immortality.... after knowing hm for all of 5-10 minutes?

Wow, they spent almost the entire episode fighting.

This show sure loves pantyshots of Mirai. And Himea's hair is... very unique. She's got this color gradient thing going except instead of colors that actually kind of go together, they're pretty much opposites: pink and blue. Then on top of that, she has these... sparkles, particularly around her head. Very odd.

The childhood friend also has a bit of color gradient going on in her hair, though its a lot less severe.
                              So there's this thing called Twitter

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X