Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2011] Sacred Seven Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    This is the discussion thread for the new Sunrise project airing this summer season. It's a show involving rocks and such.

Hulu Stream
    Crunchyroll Stream
    ANN Entry
    Official Japanese Website

Note
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Post Reply" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Quote" to the post you want to reply to.

Episode 1

Enjoyable first episode, even if it was pretty loaded with information.

Set-up seems good, will definitely watch more.
    SAMA-FUN #04 / TOFU #01 / Sentai Kaiser / Game Reviews / Twitter
    Although his fighting spirit burns like fire, his mind is as calm as still water
    Watching: Initial D 5th Stage, Psycho-Pass, Zetsuen no Tempest, Space Brothers, Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, Kamen Rider Wizard

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Well, I really loved this first episode. Alma seems like he's really had it rough, in large part due to his powers. It seems like almost everyone in school is afraid of him, except Wakana, who is really nice to him. He totally went berserk on the Medusa monster. That was pretty awesome. His true power is also awesome. I'm curious as to the kind of things he can do. Anyway, it's nice to see that he's lightened up and is going to join the rock club. Ruri and her butler will be there with him as Ruri bought the school, heh .

Anyway, I really like the OP. The song is nice and the animation is too. I'm really digging the character designs.

Ruri is really cute. I already approve of her. She even uses maids for her operations which rocks. The butler's design looks familiar. The talking rock head is awesome. He already won me over with the "-oni" at the end of his sentences.

That said, I can't wait to see more of this show.

Comment

First episode didn't really do much for me, though it feels like I should like it. The "True Power" was disappointing, as I expected Ruri to purify Alma's out-of-control form, but it looked like she just gave him an entirely different set of abilities. Purchasing the school and making her butler student council president seems totally unnecessary.

I've had similar experiences in the past, where I did not like the first episode the first time through, and yet managed to enjoy it, and the rest of the show, at a later date (Gosick and Seitokai Yakuindomo are the two titles that come to mind[/b]). Maybe I'll rewatch episode 1 in a week or two and really get into it.
        My animé & figure collections
        Hummingbird
        || Tweeterings
        XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

I knew nothing about this show going in, and didn't really seem like my kind of series at first. Watching through, it was rather surprisingly enjoyable, though. I think the rather awesome ojousama with maid army thing helped, as well as instantly recognizable Itou Kanae nice girl.

Comment

Well that was pretty dumb in an awesome way. I'll definitely be sticking around to see where Sunrise goes with this. I was expecting more mecha. The only use of any remotely like one was the butler guy with his new model of Knightmare Frame, but he just got owned by the rock thing and got it all busted up.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Hmmm, well, Wakana and Ruri are okay. I was particularly amused at Ruri's final comment about purchasing the school

And the special forces maids amuse me.

But the episode the episode was a bit of mess and didn't do much to hold my interest. Not sure if I'll watch episode 2 or not. It will probably largely depend on how much else I stick with.
              So there's this thing called Twitter

Comment

Re: Sacred Seven Discussion Thread

More anime hero shows - this is really what I need right now. The action sequences were fun and the designs are excellent. I hope Alma's personality develops well through the show, if he stays stagnant it will get annoying pretty fast. I'm a little put off by the all-maid staff of Ruri's forces, but overall the episode was great. Hope Sunrise goes in a positive direction with it.

Comment

Re: Sacred Seven Discussion Thread

lol, a maid SWAT team?

Not a bad episode. Not sure if I will continue with this but some of the characters appealed to me. The animination, as expected, was great.
                  http://myanimelist.net/profile/Midvalley
                  Favorites: Cowboy Bebop, RahXephon, Voices of a Distant Star, Ergo Proxy, Berserk.
                  Currently Watching: Steins;Gate, Blood +
                  Someone License: Dennou Coil.

Comment

Episode 2

- Heh, that's quite the upgrade
                    - There's the title of the series explained then.
                    - So Tandoji's mum may have been in contact with the Sacred Seven.
                    - Ah, so that's why Tandoji is always looking for rocks.
                    - Tandoji wants to fight in order to save Aoi.
                    - Although he seems to instantly regret saying that seeing that he'll have to do a bit of skydiving
                    - Weak point located, the Darkstone is defeated.
                    - Heh, poor Hellbrick

Great episode! Sticking with this one for sure.
                    Although his fighting spirit burns like fire, his mind is as calm as still water
                    Watching: Initial D 5th Stage, Psycho-Pass, Zetsuen no Tempest, Space Brothers, Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, Kamen Rider Wizard

Comment

Re: Episode 2

It seems to still have the problems it had in the first episode that you would expect to be fixed by the second one. There's still a lot to like, so I'm fine with continuing to watch it and see where it goes. There's really no telling at this point.
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Forgotten childhood friend, huh? I wonder if they promised to get married, too. But it looks like Alma doesn't actually need Ruri to bring out his true power, just a special rock.

By the way, Japan, that's not how a necktie is supposed to be tied.
                        My animé & figure collections
                        Hummingbird
                        || Tweeterings
                        XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Sunrise, I love you.

*clears throat*

With that out of the way, I really loved this episode. Lots of interesting background information, and then there was the battle with the dark stone dragon thing which was pretty cool. I wonder what happen to Ruri's sister. The flashback with Wakana and Tandoji was also cute. It's also fascinating to find out why Ruri has so much faith in Tandoji. I really liked that flashback as well. That said, Ruri is just freaking nuts jumping out of the plane like she did. That's a heck of a lot of faith she has in Tandoji. Also, I find it amusing that Oni-san's emoticons are a result of the stone's powers. It's pretty neat.

I can't wait for the next episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                            - Heh, that's quite the upgrade
                            Heh, the school upgrade was totally hilarious.

- Although he seems to instantly regret saying that seeing that he'll have to do a bit of skydiving
                            That scene was just too amusing. Ruri acts like skydiving is no big deal.

Comment

Episode 3

- Looks like Arma's getting an expensive upgrade.
                              - A strong enemy, but it looks like an equally strong Darkstone.
                              - Looks like Ruri and Arma are needed to locate some escapees who are after Kenmi.
                              - And it looks like Arma has a rival in Kijima
                              - Who is this girl? Introduce us, Kenmi!
                              - Here comes Kijima. Time for the new Darkstone.
                              - Kijima takes a lot of damage and bumps into mystery girl! <3
                              - "Henshin" as she transforms <3
                              - Kijima vs Arma
                              - Kijima gets away...

Great episode! Even if I didn't find out mystery girls name

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X