Clear All

• [Summer 2011] Mayo Chiki Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ANN Entry

Official Site 1
    Official Site 2
    Official Site 3

Note
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Post Reply" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Quote" or "Quick Reply" on the post you want to reply to.
    VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
    Vivid Impact!
    Vividred Operation

Episode 1

WTF? Where did Iguchi Yuka get that voice? Thats...nuts. How can she have that much range?

Anyway, Subaru is great, Kanade is amazing, Kureha is...a Hanazawa Kana Imouto. So far so good.

Only problem is, as expected, the male lead. Seriously, what the hell? Why is he even here? Why isn't Subaru the main character?

Oh well, I'll still watch it.

...and seriously Subaru looks exactly like Charlotte Dunois. Its actually sorta distracting.
    VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
    Vivid Impact!
    Vividred Operation

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Oh god, I'm in love with Kanade. She's just... amazing. Love love love love.

And there's Hanazawa-Imouto (apparently named Kureha) who is almost as amazing. Between the two of them, this show is a keeper.

Also, that was one of the most ridiculous accidental groping scenes I've seen in recent memory.

Oh, and Konoe is Igucha Yuki, which surprised me quite a bit when I looked up who was voicing her.
      So there's this thing called Twitter

Comment

Episode 2

Lots of awesome, ridiculous randomness in this episode. We meet more characters who are pretty crazy and two Konoe factions. Why do I feel like these people would fit perfeclty in MM! ?

Of course the best part of the whole episode was Konoe having her hair down in a girl's uniform (zettai ryouki FTW!)for an extended period of time. She's so cute when blushing.

Kanade is having WAY too much fun with Jirou and Konoe, though. Too bad though they couldn't prolong the fight between Kureha and Konoe.

The physical examination scene was hilarious. I guess now all the guys think Jirou is gay.

But, the end was a big WTF with Kureha's revelation. "Dad, can you see this heaven." - priceless. This is going to be interesting....

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Bwahaha, Kureha fell in love with Subaru. Too bad she doesn't know she's a girl yet. And I really don't get the feeling this show is going to let her stay in love with Subaru after finding out.

This show gets really annoying to watch whenever it starts focusing keeping Subaru's real sex a secret. The body examination scene made me want to punch something.

Comment

Episode 3

Goddammit show, I was all set to drop you after this episode, and you had to have Kana drop an "Aishiteru". God fucking dammit. Why that word? Why did she have to use that word? THAT WORD IS NOT FUCKING AROUND.

I have to watch this show, even though I'm going to hate every moment Jirou is on screen.
            VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
            Vivid Impact!
            Vividred Operation

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Subaru is hot (especially near the end), but she's also dangerous. Well, not as dangerous as Kanade.

Ah, in one show we have someone that's afraid of men. Now we have someone that has problems with girls? I guess this means if they talked past each other, they'd end up on opposite sides of the universe.

Kureha interests me.

Ignoring the fact, we already know ahead of time, ...Subaru isn't exactly that convincing of a reverse trap. I think it's mainly because of the hair. It just screams "female" for some reason.

The premise is kind of silly. Also, I have to wonder now. How much of Subara's determination is based on admiration for Kanade and how much is based on believing in carrying on family traditions.

I have three hopes. First, the male lead can start being less pathetic. I mean seriously.

Second & Third, both Subaru and Kanade starting showing a kinder side. Not that I want no edge to them. However there does need to be some softness to those edges.
              Last edited by Momoka Kibi; 07-24-2011, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

It's only episode 3, and I'm already really, really, really sick of Jirou's nosebleed shit.

Kanade continues to be the main reason to watch the show. Especially now that she reveals that she had a romantic interest in Subaru. Sadly, there are 99% odds that those interests now or will switch to Jirou.

I'd complain about the episode's plot, but its irrelevant. Even if the show came up with a "good" story for the episode, it will fail solely because its focusing on Jirou (who would be bland but tolerable, but is sunk by the whole nosebleed/can't-be-touched-by-girls thing) and Subaru (worst reverse-trap ever and boring as crap as a character). So anything focusing on them, particularly the two of them together, will be lousy.

At least the situation provided a way to give Kureha, the only character other than Kanade that's worth a damn, a screentime increase.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

So that's the explanation for the nose bleed stuff. I still have trouble buying it. That being said, they don't paint a pretty picture of Kureha. She seems to be the type where the only reason she hasn't actually killed her brother is the same reason as a lot of other characters. The comedy "shield". Where by she could throw him into a mountain, but since it's a comedy scene, he'd live.

Although her treatment of the stuffed bear shows a definite darker side to her character. And of course like so many other characters, she's turned on by a guy that's actually a cross dressing girl. Not that we should talk. The reverse seems to happen a lot.

Subaru's actions make me wonder what kind of life she was leading until now. She almost feels like a robot...

Also, come on Kureha, I'm surprised she didn't figure it out just by looking. Although I suppose if she didn't notice, she probably assumed they were fakes.

This series is going to have a lot of hard to swallow moments, isn't it? Like the physical exam scene....

Comment

Episode 4

Ha, when Kureha encounters an angry, 40 foot tall bear, she considers it a blessing.

The rest of the first half was putting me to sleep until Kureha came back home. I just don't give a shit about Subaru. She's only good for turning on Kureha and for giving Kanade an excuse to do things. The second half was better due to a good amount of Kanade and a half decent amount of Kureha.

....And now Kureha kisses the male lead. It was a given that this was going to happen from the beginning, but I'd be less annoyed if they didn't throw in the "but she also loves Subaru" thing. I guess its somewhat mitagated by Subaru being boooooring, so Kanade/Subaru doesn't feel like a huge loss. On the other hand, she's boring precisely because the Subaru/Jirou dynamic all of her behavior in regards to it is boring. Her reactions to Kanade teasing and coming on to her would almost certainly be a lot more entertaining.

But my preferred pairing would be Kanade/Kureha (at least for now; I'm interested in the purple twintails girl from the OP... who will be introduced next episode). This show really needs to just eject the male lead entirely. There are some good characters here, but the boring as hell male lead is screwing it all up.

Comment

Re: Episode 4

Dammit. He didn't die.

I started playing SRWZ2 during this episode, even Kanade couldn't keep my attention.

Fuck this show.
                      VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
                      Vivid Impact!
                      Vividred Operation

Comment

Re: Episode 3

The fact that the plot forces Subaru to NOT wear a swimsuit shows one of the problems with it.

Another problem with it, the fact that too much of the focus is on Jirou.

Kureha's main role right now seems to be "In love with Konoe" and be angry at her property brother.

Comment

Kureha, you're the one that decided to walk around all casual like.

Is it just me or does the Subaru X Jirou stuff feel like someone pressed the "fast forward" button? Well, I guess it's better than dragging out things...

Once more we're reminded that all girls gets "converted" by the male lead. Even the gayest girls from the strongest yuri anime will instantly become attracted to such male leads and drop the girl they lusted over.

Comment

Originally posted by Fencedude View Post
                            Dammit. He didn't die.
                            For wherever evil exist, Jirou lives! What? It's the only possible explanation!

Originally posted by Fencedude View Post
                            I started playing SRWZ2 during this episode, even Kanade couldn't keep my attention.

Fuck this show.
                            Heh, I'll admit that I could have used a side focus as well. I'm not sure what to think about this show anymore. Other than to wonder what it would be like if it was more about Subaru and less about Jirou.... All I know is it seems to lack something.

Comment

Episode 5

Well, one thing is for certain. Twin Tails is into kicking a lot.

Also, Jirou decides to take on the role of living 'censorship" object as he blocks our view of the body of twin tails. Hopefully a home video version will remove this item of censorship.

Perhaps more comments later after a re-watch, if I decide on one.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X