Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2011] Blood-C Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    An animation project collaboration between CLAMP and Production I.G. Features a shrine maiden.

Niconico Stream
    ANN Entry
    Official Japanese Site

Note
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Post Reply" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Quote" to the post you want to reply to.

Episode 1

I thought this series looked really pretty, and the main character may have her charms. It was kind of boring to me, though. Still kind of interested in watching some more, at least.
    Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 07-07-2011, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Re: Episode 1

This show is basically my first exposure to the Blood franchise and I don't recall ever having done much research on this show but for whatever reason I expect vampires. Maybe it's the show's name.

Anyway, the OP is sexy, and Saya is cute and hot. She's a shrine maiden, and she's got that whole "dojikko" thing going for her, which is moe. She's pretty athletic to boot.

I'm digging the animation so far. I also like the battle with Saya and the monster thing. I liked the first episode, and I'm interested in seeing more.

Also, the twins are hot.

Comment

Saya is clumsy, overly helpful, great at sports and keeps seeing a myserious light that may in some way be related to her deceased mother.

She comes home from school, takes her sword and heads out to fight some sort of monster which she ends up defeating.

Very positive first episode. Love the Clamp character designs and looking forward to seeing more!
        SAMA-FUN #04 / TOFU #01 / Sentai Kaiser / Game Reviews / Twitter
        Although his fighting spirit burns like fire, his mind is as calm as still water
        Watching: Initial D 5th Stage, Psycho-Pass, Zetsuen no Tempest, Space Brothers, Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, Kamen Rider Wizard

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
          I thought this series looked really pretty, and the main character may have her charms. It was kind of boring to me, though. Still kind of interested in watching some more, at least.
          Ditto. As you and others have said, it looks nice, but nothing really grabbed me this episode. None of the characters stood out much, if they even got an introduction (which I can't remember, despite just finishing the first episode). I'll give it a few more episodes, but I'm not really expecting much anymore.

By the way, does anyone know if this franchise is about vampires anymore?
          My animé & figure collections
          Hummingbird
          || Tweeterings
          XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Well I decided to watch the first episode on NicoNico, and I liked it. I still don't like CLAMP character designs, but everything else about that episode was absolutely gorgeous, so that's a big positive factor. I expected the monster Saya slayed to be someone vampiric (Really, Firefox? That's not a word?), but whatever it was, it didn't even look like it should have had blood (but of course it did, fountains of it; this is a "Blood" anime, after all). I wish they would have given some explanation as to what anything was about, but of course that will come in time. There was obviously the hint that Saya is not a normal human. I guess I'm comparing it to Blood+ too much. Still, I think I'll keep watching to see how it progresses.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

...well, the characters all look like Geass expatriots, but still, nice designs, if a tad...long.

The twins are awesome. Need much, much more of the twins. And much much more of the twins hanging on Saya.

Saya's pretty cute, nice hearing Mizuki Nana as a vampire again. At least, I assume she's a vampire. She wasn't very vampireish this episode.
              VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
              Vivid Impact!
              Vividred Operation

Comment

Saya is a cute and fun lead, and her fight at the end was pretty cool.

Also, twins! Very, very fun twins. Hopefully they'll get a decent amount of screentime.

I liked this a lot more than the one or two episodes I saw of Blood+.
                So there's this thing called Twitter

Comment

Episode 2

Hmm... seemed like a lot of the same. Saya goes through a calm day of normal life, then at night her dad has brutally slaughter a strange but very bloody monster that tries to brutally slaughter her and while they both lose a bit of blood, she of course wins. Hopefully something... new happens soon...
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

The massive amount of hair keeps wigging me out. It's like three full heads of hair attached to her, as if overcompensating for the short-haired Saya of Blood+.

Twins are cute. Neighbor looks like Yukito from CCS. Obvious stereotypes are obvious.

Loved the original Blood: The Last Vampire OAV, as well as the manga and the novel. Blood+ was ok, but never really gripped me. This one seems even farther away from the 'true' Saya, and is rather disappointing. I'll check back on it every once in a while, but doubt I'll really follow it.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

- Saya's song <3
                      - Heh she got caught and is now embarassed
                      - Nope, that dog just didn't want to be stroked.
                      - Tokizane don't want your food Saya.
                      - Oh no, wait. He does.
                      - Time to go fighting.
                      - And it's defeated.

Not much new this episode. Another fight, another win.
                      SAMA-FUN #04 / TOFU #01 / Sentai Kaiser / Game Reviews / Twitter
                      Although his fighting spirit burns like fire, his mind is as calm as still water
                      Watching: Initial D 5th Stage, Psycho-Pass, Zetsuen no Tempest, Space Brothers, Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, Kamen Rider Wizard

Comment

Ok, Saya's cute, the twins are amusing, and the fights are decent, but would it be too much to ask for some context?

Also, vampires.
                        VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
                        Vivid Impact!
                        Vividred Operation

Comment

Originally posted by Fencedude View Post
                          Also, vampires.
                          Fudgin' A! This show is going nowhere fast. We know Saya's mother also fought these "Elder Bairns" but that's literally the only story we've gotten so far, other than Saya being an unbelievably klutzy star athlete/monster hunter.
                          My animé & figure collections
                          Hummingbird
                          || Tweeterings
                          XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

I really liked this episode.

O.K, so the Elder Bairns are really vicious, the class rep wants to get laid with Saya, Saya wants to seduce Tokizane with food she didn't cook, and the twins seem to have incestuous tendencies. Did I miss anything else?

Anyways, the twins are orgasmic, and Saya's cuteness is growing on me more. It was also fun to see some more of the people Saya interacts with.

Comment

Episode 3

Hey guys, guess what happens in this episode? I bet you can't guess. Give up? Okay, here goes: Saya eats breakfast, then sings about her breakfast and her father while walking to school, but gets distracted by cute animals and ends up being late. She hangs out with her friends and makes sure to prove she has no common sense, then goes home and kills a monster that her father told her to. What a twist, right? I bet you weren't expecting that! DAMMIT WHEN WILL SOMETHING NEW HAPPEN?!

Also, why the hell does Niconico still stutter throughout the opening if I don't let it load? I can watch 720p (and 1080p I believe, although I haven't much yet) streams everywhere else without ever having any problems, and this is what, 360p? It says I have a lot more buffered than it will actually play.
                              Last edited by GingaDaiuchuu; 07-22-2011, 07:06 PM.
                              My Top Anime | Manga
                              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                              My FP Reviews | Twitter
                              FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...