Widgets Magazine

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni (Baka and Test - Summon the Beasts 2) Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2011] Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni (Baka and Test - Summon the Beasts 2) Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    Let's expect more summoning, more tests, more stupid, and before anyone says it, more flaws. Regardless this is the thread for season 2. Yeah, since the show starts airing soon (or may already have by the time you next read this), might as well

ANN Entry

Official Site 1

Official Site 2

Note
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Post Reply" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Quote" to the post you want to reply to.
    Last edited by Momoka Kibi; 07-07-2011, 11:45 AM.

Episode 1

Looks like they're refreshing us on who the cast is. Also, we get swimsuits in this episode. Yeah, this more or less confirms that this is Baka Test. Take that as you will.

In any case, the main thing this initial watch made me think is that the show could indeed benefit from more Aiko. There's something about her that makes her appealing.

That being said, I expect like other side characters she'll mainly appear in select episodes rather than all of them. Ah, well.

Comment

Episode 2

Aki has the honor of being stuff with three different girls that all act like they own him. Meaning, no matter who he chooses, he's doomed. I'm now afraid to meet his mother.

So we have a festival episode, which leads into an episode where the guys are forced to compete. Their plans to lose don't go over well.

Shouko, if you didn't want guys hitting on Yuuji, you shouldn't have dressed him up as a girl....

I'm now convinced they're trying to pair up Vouyer and Aiko. Actually I find it interesting that Aiko is now considered opening worthy in this series. I don't think she was mentioned in the opening of the first season.

Comment

Episode 3

All right, time spent with Yuuko. The version of Hideyoshi you can fantasize about without feeling wrong. Wait, did I just say that?

In any case, we also got plenty of Hazuki. Hazuki is as adorable and pretty as ever. Twin tails are so hypnotic.

Comment

Re: Episode 1

FUNimation finally uploaded the first 2 episodes. Ah, the second season of this is a good way to get me in the mood to get the first season.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 2

I found it really amusing that the guys were dressed up as girls, tried to lose as early as possible, and ending up doing extremely well.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 3

As I capture through this episode, I've come to realize how dangerous and confusing "switch" episodes can be for avatars purposes. I'm half tempted to pretend Hideyoshi and Yuuko are the same person in two places at once.

Comment

Episode 4

A drunk Mizuki is dangerous. Wait, can you really get drunk on chocolate. I know some have alcohol. but.....

A, no wait, never mind, Shouko is always dangerous.

The part with the talking summons giving away things was amusing. Also, they're kind of cute. Now if only a few more could have summoned. I wonder what Aiko's summon would have said.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Hideyoshi and Yuuko switching places was definitely good. A lot of it was very much expected from that scenario, but there were also a few things I wasn't expecting that I really liked. Some of the running gags throughout the episode in particular were surprisingly well-handled, I thought.
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 4

Was there something in that chocolate we were supposed to know about? I wasn't sure exactly why Mizuki was seemingly drunk. And I'm pretty sure being drunk isn't a good excuse to chloroform people and force others to undress, cross dress, and have their picture taken to be put online. But I guess considering who we're talking about, it's not all that surprising.

I really liked the summons saying everything their summoners were hiding. That could make for infinite funny situations.
                    My Top Anime | Manga
                    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                    My FP Reviews | Twitter
                    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 5

Assuming it's actually a girl and not a trap, I'd like to meet this mystery girl that they speak of with the burn mark.

Sometimes I wish Minami would try a strategy besides being hateful. However since that would require intelligence in a show full of idiots...

Being more concerned about their appearance than anything else, it figures.

It's confirmed, Iron Man is mainly a teacher for the sake of being mean to students and for no other reason. He about out right admitted it.

Comment

Re: Episode 5

The first actual ongoing plot of the new season? I'm actually a little intrigued. So there's a girl who blackmails Akihisa and helps Shouko make false proposals from Yuuji, and puts cameras in the girls' changing room to make them think it was the boys. It definitely has me curious. I'm almost sure it won't end up as expected, though.
                        My Top Anime | Manga
                        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                        My FP Reviews | Twitter
                        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 6

Their plan was already hindered by the fact that since some of the girls were blocking their path that means that some of them aren't in the bath in the first place.

The alliance of Minami and Mizuki is one I have mixed feelings about. It's funny to think about how easily it could fall apart, but they've been reduced to playing the same basic role in regards to Aki. Not that there aren't differences between the two, but even so...

Aiko continues to be evil and even becomes a suspect. Sadly we don't get confirmation to prove either her guilt or innocence.

Why do I get the feeling we're never going to find out who the girl is?

Comment

Episode 7

I guess they managed a victory this time, but I don't think the reward was worth the battle.

*Watches scenes after the credits* Wait! What? How? Why? This does not compute. Minami actually kissed him? The girl that's only been capable of anger and violence so far.

This has to be one of three things. A, she's been drugged or something. B, it's someone in disguise as her. C, this is a dream sequence of someone else.

The chances of it being actually her and of her own free will are so low that if that does turn out to be the case, it will be the biggest shock of the season.

Still even knowing this is probably misleading, the very thought of the scenario is a shock to me.

Comment

Re: Episode 7

*Watches episode again* So in the end, Miharu was the culprit! So she has a burn mark on her ass. Hmm, we need to see evidence of that...

Oh, and I'm still shocked by the idea that Minami kissed him. Even knowing that the scene has to be misleading. There's no way they can be playing it straight...

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X