Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2011] Morita-san wa Mukuchi Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    The anime about the girl named Morita that doesn't say much and the people around her. Oh, and she's voiced by Hanazawa Kana. Oh, and this is based on a 4-Koma. Take a wild guess if I plan to watch it or not.

ANN Entry

Crunchyroll Stream

Official Site

Note
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Post Reply" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Quote" to the post you want to reply to.
    Last edited by Momoka Kibi; 07-20-2011, 10:26 PM.

Ova 1

Awhile ago there was an OVA episode for this series. Hence forth the sub thread title. As to make it different from the TV episodes. In any case, the OVA was decent, but at the same time even I could sense the low budget from it. Hopefully the TV series has a better budget. I'll find that out soon enough.

In any case, part of the fun is the reasons behind Morita's silence and the reactions the others have based on it. Such as the real reason why she's quiet during the cooking class. I think if I were in a class like that I'd have to do that as well just to have even the slightest chance of remembering.

Comment

Episode 1

Well, that was incredibly short. Like about under five minutes or so. So this is one of those series. Darn it, that's depressing. Not that I can't like short series. I have before. It's just that....

If you dislike them, you end up wondering if the reason was because they were short.

If you end up liking them, you then wonder how much better a longer version would be.

Ah, well, I'll keep watching because I do like what I've seen. Also, this will probably be an easy series to make avatars for...

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Originally posted by Tenshi Hinanai View Post
        Well, that was incredibly short. Like about under five minutes or so. So this is one of those series. Darn it, that's depressing. Not that I can't like short series. I have before. It's just that....
        I liked that it was short and sweet.

Poor Morita though...can't speak because her friend doesn't give the time to speak and freaks out people due to what her mother taught her.

Right now, she reminds me of Sola from Sketchbook.

Comment

Originally posted by superdry View Post
          I liked that it was short and sweet.
          Indeed. I think I enjoyed this one more than expected. It was amusing and don't think it wasted it's time. Silent Morita and chatterbox Miki make for an interesting pair (and wow, it's Hanazawa with Tomatsu - they're paired yet again. )

Originally posted by superdry View Post
          Right now, she reminds me of Sola from Sketchbook.
          That, and she made me think a bit of Shiomiya Shiori from TWGoK minus the book obsession.

Comment

Shows about cute high school girls should not bore me out of my mind. Yet somehow, this one did.
            So there's this thing called Twitter

Comment

Yep. This first ep was cute, but I didn't even really have time to get into it before it was over. I'll keep watching, though.
              Formerly Randall Flagg at AoD.
              Touch is still the greatest show ever.
              Avatar: Miyako and Yuno of Hidamari Sketch wish you a Merry Christmas.

Comment

Episode 2

That wasn't very good. The first episode was a lot better, but this one seemed a little too forced.

Blah.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

It feels like someone in the series knows how unreasonably short the episodes are and wants to get in as much dialog as possible. Seriously, why couldn't they have gotten at least half-length episodes.

Comment

Episode 3

We get a change of pace this episode with the quiet Morita interacting with the shy Hana, which is pretty sweet. There's some amusing communication difficulties with a pairing like this (with Morita trying to fix Hana's hair, and Hana misunderstands), but things work out nicely in the end.
                    Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 07-20-2011, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

This was the best ep yet. I would have liked to have seen this stretched out to at least a half length ep.
                      Formerly Randall Flagg at AoD.
                      Touch is still the greatest show ever.
                      Avatar: Miyako and Yuno of Hidamari Sketch wish you a Merry Christmas.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Mayu and Hana playing with each others' hair is a moment I can approve of. It's also a moment that makes me think about will happen next. Or maybe I should say what I want to happen next. Let's just hope Miki doesn't get jealous. Nice way to end the episode.

Comment

Episode 4

Given how hot it's been outside in recent days, and the air conditioning only half-working, this episode's situation is one I can relate to somewhat. Nice to see it involves several girls this time, with Mayu, Miki, Chihiro, and eventually Hana too. I found this one pretty cute and amusing.

Comment

Well, that was incredibly short. Like about under five minutes or so.
                            3 minutes exactly (and that's including the 30s OP)

Comment

Re: Episode 4

I don't think I've ever seen a shitajiki called a "desk mat" before.
                              ...although looking it up, that is what EDICT says.
                              My Kodansha doesn't give a precise definition, just the cumbersome example sentence "I bought a celluloid board laid under writing paper at a stationer's."

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X