Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2011] Ro-Kyu-Bu (Roukyuubu) discussion thread

Widgets Magazine
    Why not? I watched girls play Baseball and Soft Tennis, I might as well try Basketball this time around....

ANN Entry

Official Site

Note
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Post Reply" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Quote" to the post you want to reply to.
    "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
    Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Episode 1

It does have a few kinks to work out, but I'm enjoying this so far. The girls in general are pretty, but two things stand out.

The first is Kashi Airi. A girl that's tall and well developed for her age.

The second is Takamura Mihoshi. She's not only the aunt of the male lead. She's also awesome. Oh, and she's also rather short. Along with being child like.

A child that's mature looking (in some regards anyway) and adult that's like a child. Yes, anime is dedicated to confusing me and making me bad in both directions.
    "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Originally posted by Tenshi Hinanai View Post
      The second is Takamura Mihoshi. She's not only the aunt of the male lead. She's also awesome. Oh, and she's also rather short. Along with being child like.
      Oh, OK. I was wondering what a child is doing driving a car .

But a pretty good start to the series. I like the girls and the male lead is OK. OP is very catchy.
      Currently Watching | MAL Profile
      Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Yeah, it really looked like she was younger that Subaru, but she's his aunt and supposedly an adult. I was wondering if the character designs would mean everyone looks like kids, but his mom (how often is a mom voiced by Noto Mamiko?) actually seems at least more adult-like in looks. Anyway, aunt is definitely the most awesome character in the show so far regardless. She seems like a lot of fun.

Not sure if I'm going to warm up to main bunch yet, but they're cute at least.

Comment

Re: Ro-Kyu-Bu (Roukyuubu) discussion thread

In case you haven't heard, Section 23/Sentai Filmworks announced today that they obtained the streaming rights to Ro-Kyu-Bu, but hasn't announced any simulcasting plans at this time.

Comment

Why can't the show be about Mihoshi, not Subaru? She's way, way cooler than he is. Only good thing about him is that his mom is Noto Mamiko.

Anyway, it certainly was little girls playing basketball. And Airi really is goddamn huge,.
            VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
            Vivid Impact!
            Vividred Operation

Comment

Originally posted by Fencedude View Post
              Why can't the show be about Mihoshi, not Subaru? She's way, way cooler than he is. Only good thing about him is that his mom is Noto Mamiko.
              Because Mihoshi would overshadow the five main girls? In all seriousness, at this point I'm expecting Subaru's role to boil down to.

A: Occasional therapy moment with one of the girls related to their personal life and/or basketball.

B: Being occasionally depressed because of his current situation and griping about it either directly or indirectly.

I wonder what the chances of them pulling a drama moment along the lines of the five lead girls catching him kissing the girl at his high school. Note, I never said them pulling this would be good.

Either way, I was never planning to watch for the guy anyway. I just have to hope the girls get enough focus. Maybe there's a chance they'll allow Mihoshi a decent amount of screen time.

Comment

The voice cast for this show is very nice, but the show itself isn't doing much for me. Maho is pretty fun though. Might give it one more episode, but odds of me sticking with this are low at the moment.
                So there's this thing called Twitter

Comment

Episode 2

Well, that was surprisingly...very good.

Subaru actually impressed me here, good job!

Tomoka's determination, and her reasons for wanting to play were very well conveyed. I wonder if she's related to Jun somehow?

Only thing that bugs me is that Hanazawa doesn't sound young enough. Oh well.
                  VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
                  Vivid Impact!
                  Vividred Operation

Comment

Re: Episode 2

The internet chat segments are amusing and I like how they're using a theme, but varying a bit.

The boys need to be smacked. There's no other way of putting it.

It seems like this will be one of those stories where a person with problems learns how to deal with his own by helping solve the problems of other. It will be interesting to see if this is one of those shows that ends up handling it right. So far the potential is there.

It's curious as to how Tomoka became as good as she is. Although I suppose they'll save informing us on that for later. At least we learned some things. Like how they came together.

Comment

Episode 3

You know they can't keep tricking Airi forever. Also, she has to eventually accept reality. Otherwise their future is limited.

So we get a bit more focus on other girls and their personalities. Also, someone might like Hinata.

I find interesting that this time around the Protagonists run into trouble during the second half of the game. I would have expected them to be off to a bad start and gradually improve in the second half.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

I would have expected them to be off to a bad start and gradually improve in the second half.
                        But they had a training montage, of course they'll show marked improvement. And that was kind of a mean trick they played on Airi...

They've only been training hard for about a week, so I'm curious to see if Subaru has a strategy lined up for the girls lack of stamina.
                        My animé & figure collections
                        Hummingbird
                        || Tweeterings
                        XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

You know they can't keep tricking Airi forever. Also, she has to eventually accept reality. Otherwise their future is limited.
                          Yeah, Airi is cute, but I'm hoping she gets over her height complex a little and sees how useful it is for her team without the others having to trick her.

Comment

True, Airi has to find some way to overcome her complex with her height. They can't keep tricking her forever.

I kind of figured that stamina would be an issue for the girls. They didn't seem to have that much practice time before the game. Something that I'm sure Subaru will resolve.

Comment

Airi's height complex is amusing, but she definitely needs to get over it.

Hina's just way, way too adorable. And the school nurse is....interesting.
                              VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
                              Vivid Impact!
                              Vividred Operation

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X