Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Spring 2013] A Certain Scientific Railgun S Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    Second season of A Certain Scientific Railgun. Mikoto Misaka and friends are back for more adventures in Academy City.

Fandom Post Reviews and related articles
    ANN Entry
    Official Site
    Streaming at: FUNimation.com

The usual GA Discussion Thread guidelines:
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
    Scratchy for Tama is angry.
    Casually Reviewing: ???

Episode 1

Well, we meet Shokuhou Misaki, the fifth level 5 and fellow student at Tokiwadai. Her power is some sort of mind control, but it doesn't work on Mikoto. She's also awesome.

We then go to the hospital where the girls, including Haru'ue Erii are visiting Edasaki Banri. Stuff happens and Mikoto RAILGUNS a helicopter.

FANTASTIC.
    VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
    Vivid Impact!
    Vividred Operation

Comment

Re: Episode 1

My most anticipated series of the season. This first episode is unsurprisingly an anime original, but with some scenes added from later stories. It was a good reintroduction to the main characters and I liked the continuity with the previous anime. Mikoto taking out a helicopter was awesome. I'm also happy they're continuing to keep everyone's favourite ordinary schoolgirl involved the plot.
      Last edited by Sly05; 04-12-2013, 09:22 PM.
      Avatar: Pariya from Otoyomegatari.

Comment

That was a great way to meet the cast again after a long time apart.

We meet another Level 5 who will clearly be significant later on. She's quite a bit of fun, though she's also a.... not very great person. Kinda goes with the nature of her power to some degree, but when you just do it to a roomful of people on a room, including your apparent "friends"... yeah. Anyway, I do like her though.

And then Mikoto and Kuroko pull off some pretty impressive teamwork to take out a chopper *several miles away*. And, more importantly, get Mikoto's bag back.
        So there's this thing called Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Sly05 View Post
          My most anticipated series of the season. This first episode is unsurprisingly an anime original, but with some scenes added

Spoiler ->from later stories like the introduction of the Queen

Could we try to keep discussion of the manga away from this thread? I understand what you're trying to say, but you're clearly hinting at a future arc.

Don't.

Just don't.
          Last edited by Jun Kuga; 04-12-2013, 09:27 PM. Reason: Spoilertagged the offending comment in case folks don't want to read it
          Proudly Part of the Eli-chan Fanclub
          Eardrums be damned, she's so cute!

Find me in the Blogs, on Youtube and occasionally Twitch.

Comment

Fair enough. I'll edit my original post to be more ambiguous.

Comment

Choudenjihou (Railgun)
              VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
              Vivid Impact!
              Vividred Operation

Comment

Well, that was off to a rollicking good start.

I have already come to have some dislike for Shokuhou, as we're probably supposed to from the way she's introduced here. It's a good thing that Mikoto is immune to Misaki's ability, since it feels like that ability is going to play havoc at some point and it will be up to Mikoto to take her down a few notches.

Interestingly, it seems that Kongo gets more and more likeable as time goes on in this series.
                Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
                Scratchy for Tama is angry.
                Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

I like the start for the new season. Glad to see that it appears that Haru'ue is going become a regular part of the main group. Looks like a real rival for Misaka has showed up and can't wait to see what becomes of it, if anything. Based on the closing (that I guess will serve and the opening from here on out) looks like a several new faces are coming on board. The opening scene felt like the start of a TV cop drama or an action movie.
                  My gaming names/friend number. Please fell free to add me to yours or send me a request. I will add anyone from this site who wishes to give me theirs.

Nintendo Network ID: RMP123
                  PSN: RYPLYLER
                  3DS: 5327-0918-4237

Comment

Episode 2

Someone's been leaving money cards around back allies causing people to start searching for them including our favourite rumour loving ordinary school girl who ropes Mikoto into helping her. Saten, why are you so adorable?

Academy City continues to have a series problem with random gangs of thugs. In a city full of espers, did the gang really not consider that the girl they were planning to rob might be an esper? Maybe not so fortunately for them, she turns out not to be but still manages to take them all out by turning their fear against them. Random English attack!

I've really been looking forward to this story arc. Can't wait to see how it goes from here.

Comment

Episode 2

The smell of cash money

(also looool Shinobu)
                      VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
                      Vivid Impact!
                      Vividred Operation

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Aww, Misaka was so cute when she was little. But man that opening scene was depressing. Of course all it takes is a scene of Kuroko spooning with Misaka to lift my spirits again.

Satan in "bloodhound" mode was hysterical. Where can I find a girl that sniff out cash cards like that?

Now that the arc is officially underway I can't wait to see were it goes.

On a side note I like the new opening song and this series has made me a fan of Fripside.
                        Last edited by Orihimes_Boyfriend; 04-21-2013, 02:15 PM.
                        My gaming names/friend number. Please fell free to add me to yours or send me a request. I will add anyone from this site who wishes to give me theirs.

Nintendo Network ID: RMP123
                        PSN: RYPLYLER
                        3DS: 5327-0918-4237

Comment

Shokuhou's power is rather intimidating. She seems rather villainous at this point, so curious what will happen with it when they cross paths with her in more intense moments later (if they do).

I like that Haru'ue is now joining in with Saten looking at what's under Uiharu's skirt. Like that the main group of friends has gotten bigger now. Edasaki getting a school uniform makes me think of the cover from the first season with her in the uniform and walking along with the rest. Hopefully won't be long until we see it in the series.

Kuroko and especially Mikoto are as exceptionally badass as always there at the end. Definitely going to be one of the series I most look forward each week for the next half-a-year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly05 View Post
                            Random English attack!
                            That seemed like a somewhat unusual "random English" speech quirk for an anime, since she's rather deadpan and mixes in only one word every so often. I rather like it. The Index franchise tends to be big on speech quirks in general. Looking forward to a familiar one showing up sometime soon (probably, given the mentions in this episode).

Saten on all fours sniffing around for money cards was rather amusing too.

Comment

Love the dark haired girl at the end. I wonder what her power actually is. Seems like it might be some sort of mental manipulation? It has to be related to those English words she utters. Anyway, she's pretty great.

And Saten may be a Level 0, but she clearly has a Level 5 nose.
                              So there's this thing called Twitter

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X