• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LordGeo
    replied
    Re: Sports Anime Discussion (Round 4)

Originally posted by Psychoidiot View Post
    Ring ni Kakero looks like 80's goodness hahah with that avatar maybe I should check it out...
    Well, the original manga did run from 1977-1981... But I will say that you shouldn't go into this title expecting the likes of Fighting Spirit/Hajime no Ippo or Ashita no Joe. It's a completely different style to it, but since you're only real problem with Prince of Tennis seemed to be Ryoma's overpowered-ness then I think you might be able to understand how Ring ni Kakero 1 works and enjoy it enough.

There's a reason why it's been called the "Giant Robo of Boxing Anime", afterall, and I love it. I just saw the last two episodes of the newest season today and they were great.

Leave a comment:

• Psychoidiot
    replied

Ring ni Kakero looks like 80's goodness hahah with that avatar maybe I should check it out...

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

Princess Nine is probably the first one that comes to mind. Fighting Spirit is probably the next one. After that I liked FUNi's Big Windup! and Bamboo Blade. I liked Cross Game and Taisho Baseball Girls as well. I still need to watch Touch and the rest of Eyeshield 21. One last one to mention is Yawara! of which AnimEigo dropped...

Leave a comment:

• LordGeo
    replied

Can't really recall which sports anime got me into really checking them out, honestly. I've checked out a fair amount already that it kind of all blurs together which one was the first. Oh well.

As for what I'm checking out in terms of sports anime, I still have to finish watching all of my Fighting Spirit/Hajime no Ippo DVDs, as I stopped at around Volume 9. I also have to one day actually get to watching titles like Taisho Baseball Girls and Big Windup!. And if Sentai ever actually gets back to Eyeshield 21 then that will be yet another sports anime to keep up with.

But at least I am keeping up with one sports title: Ring ni Kakero 1 (though, honestly, I put the "sports" description down as the secondary, with "shounen fighting" being the primary description). The fourth season, Sekai Taikai-hen, has been very fun to watch. The last two episodes aired in Japan yesterday, so hopefully I'll be able to watch them soon, only to hope that a Season 5 gets made afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• Psychoidiot
    started a topic Sports Anime Discussion (Round 4)

Sports Anime Discussion (Round 4)

Refuse to let this thread die.....

Okay not that I actually have an actual anime in mind when reviving this thread, bur rather just discussing what you consider THE anime that bought you into the sports fold.

Mine? Prince of Tennis of course even if I dropped it(Ryoma was overpowered pretty much never even really lost to ANYONE. The girl characters were non-existant; a series to be buoyed only by the yaoi)

Of course, for the North American releases, I definitely would say Princess Nine, which I think did okay for ADV(RIP). Of course then Hajime no Ippo kinda tanked....

Any interesting sports anime lately? I know there one at least, Moshidora, any thoughts?

I STILL haven't finished Major which was a major reason for the activity in this thread. I can't believe they are forcing the match between Goro and (crap I forgot his name......I can only remember Junior). What would Goro then live for? Baseball freaks =P

Leongsh, where art thou!

All fans of sports anime and manga are welcome to join an informal group who are interested in promoting sports anime and manga. The informal group is called:

Sports Anime & Manga Fans Union = SAMA-FUN
    (The acronym could be pronounced as Summer Fun)

All that is required is just to put in SAMA-FUN in your sig and I'll get to you with a number to keep track. We can keep each other informed of the latest news on sports anime and manga and help to promote them to others (and bring in more fans to our informal union).
    Last edited by Psychoidiot; 06-13-2011, 11:34 PM.
Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X