Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Witch Academia Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    There may be Witches in this Anime which is a single OVA, but err the usual stuff will still apply.

ANN Entry

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.
    "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
    Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Ova

So basically a girl named Akko is inspired by Chariot to become a Witch. Akko runs into problems. First, she hasn't exactly been training as long as others. Second, the education part isn't what she was expecting. Oh, and some people don't think too highly of Chariot. She's considered a fraud.

The main "battle" is against a dragon that gets stronger by absorbing magic. You know maybe the school should consider including physical attackers. Also, why was a dragon in an area where it wasn't much trouble for random students to reach it?

In any case, the best character is probably Sucy. She's got the covered eye thing going well. Plus the way she's willing to experiment on others and even use a potion to kill a minotaur is awesome. Even if the killing was a bit err unpleasant.

I get the feeling had this been a longer series, we would have over time learned more about what Chariot is like and some other things too. Not that's meant to be. I highly doubt they'll do a full series of it or anything else under that Mirai label.
    "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"

Comment

Re: Ova

There were some interesting character designs. Liked how nerdy Lotte looked.

Hah, common drops... Hopefully the drop rate for the items Diana wanted were better than FFIV's rare drops (just been grinding for them for a few hours today )

Sucy was pretty awesome for taking out the monster that even the honor student had trouble with.

As soon as Akko started falling at the end there, I knew exactly who was going to end up saving her. Too bad we can't see more of Diana's cute side and her potentially becoming a part of Akko's group. I'd like to think that happens, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
        Sucy was pretty awesome for taking out the monster that even the honor student had trouble with.
        Sucy is the best girl. She's also utterly horrifying.

The whole sequence with the dragon was fantastic. What a great little episode. Can I have a TV series of this? Please? (Yeah, its never going to happen.)

My only disappointment was the severe lack of the Indian twins.
        So there's this thing called Twitter

Comment

As soon as Akko started falling at the end there, I knew exactly who was going to end up saving her. Too bad we can't see more of Diana's cute side and her potentially becoming a part of Akko's group. I'd like to think that happens, at least.
          That would be nice. Even better if she can bring her friends along somehow. That and this type of plot development happens like around episode 6 of a 24 episode series as opposed to episode 11 of a 12 episode series. Speaking of things to happen. I think they basically gave some indication that the blue haired Teacher with glasses might actually be Chariot in a different form. Which would be an expected development, but also a pretty nice one if used right. Well, if she's not actual Chariot, it's clear she knows something.

Comment

Originally posted by Momoka Kibi View Post
            I think they basically gave some indication that the blue haired Teacher with glasses might actually be Chariot in a different form. Which would be an expected development, but also a pretty nice one if used right. Well, if she's not actual Chariot, it's clear she knows something.
            I was wondering the same thing. They don't seem to look alike, and I think they have different seiyuu ("instructor" voiced by Takayama Minami according to the credits, while Shiny Chariot is voiced by Hidaka Noriko). Maybe she is a friend of Chariot's.

Comment

I think they basically gave some indication that the blue haired Teacher with glasses might actually be Chariot in a different form. Which would be an expected development, but also a pretty nice one if used right. Well, if she's not actual Chariot, it's clear she knows something.
              I was wondering the same thing. They don't seem to look alike, and I think they have different seiyuu ("instructor" voiced by Takayama Minami according to the credits, while Shiny Chariot is voiced by Hidaka Noriko). Maybe she is a friend of Chariot's.
              Yeah, she would be breaking the number one rule of having a secret identity. Which is that both your civilian life form and your secret life form must look almost exactly alike. That being said, near the end of the episode shortly after the dragon gets hit by the block, they do show what looks like the instructor except with red hair. And then later on they show that red hair changing back to blue. In any case, even if instructor is not really Chariot, it's a given there's more to her than just being an instructor. Speaking of names, do Diana's admirers err I mean followers have names? Maybe they said it in the episode and I just missed it.

Comment

Speaking of names, do Diana's admirers err I mean followers have names? Maybe they said it in the episode and I just missed it.
                Not sure if they were said in the episode, but they do have names in the credits: Hanna and Barbara.

Comment

Speaking of names, do Diana's admirers err I mean followers have names? Maybe they said it in the episode and I just missed it.
                  Not sure if they were said in the episode, but they do have names in the credits: Hanna and Barbara.
                  Thanks, and I take it the credits don't give any indication which is which. Maybe I should have the episode play in the background and try to catch them if possible.

Comment

I'm quite sure I never saw those names mentioned in the episode.
                    So there's this thing called Twitter

Comment

Thanks, and I take it the credits don't give any indication which is which. Maybe I should have the episode play in the background and try to catch them if possible.
                      Hanna is voiced by Nakao Eri, and Barbara by Akasaki Chinatsu, so I guess you would have to tell them apart by seiyuu, which I'm not good at doing (even if I should know Akasaki's voice at this point...)

Speaking of which, do think I made a mistake in assuming "instructor" was the blue-haired teacher. Rather that was the one teaching the broom flying. So yeah, I think blue-haired teacher really is Chariot in disguise.

Comment

Hanna is voiced by Nakao Eri, and Barbara by Akasaki Chinatsu, so I guess you would have to tell them apart by seiyuu, which I'm not good at doing (even if I should know Akasaki's voice at this point...)
                        I'm not that good at telling apart seiyuu either. Maybe I should just call them A & B for now. Or I could take a wild guess and hope I don't have to change it later. It's like a 50/50 shot.

Speaking of which, do think I made a mistake in assuming "instructor" was the blue-haired teacher. Rather that was the one teaching the broom flying. So yeah, I think blue-haired teacher really is Chariot in disguise.
                        I see then. Well, all those scenes would be kind of wasted if the Teacher wasn't Chariot. Plus we have to keep in mind Chariot was shown before the years later moment. So it's clear stuff must have happened between then and now. Darn it, this does really need a TV series. Although it's one thing to make a single episode, it's another to make a whole series.

Comment

Sucy is best...if a bit crazy.
                          Diana's two yes girl's make the best faces.
                          The teacher has to be connected to Chariot in some way.
                          I would love to see this as an actual series.
                          Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Originally posted by Library-chan View Post
                            Back off she's mine!

If she ever decides to switch professions she'd make a great mad scientist.
                            Last edited by Bear; 04-03-2013, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                              Originally posted by Library-chan View Post
                              Back off she's mine!

If she ever decides to switch professions she'd make a great mad scientist.
                              First of all, you're both too late. In my delusional fantasies, I've already. Second, is there a rule saying you can't be both a Crazy Witch and a Mad Scientist at the same time? Actually, given the fact she made poisons this means there's another potential career path for her!

Atelier Sucy ~The Little Witch of Academia~ for the PS4. It will be a system seller!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X