Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Gundam Series for 2011

Originally posted by Hitokiri View Post
    Well, that's certainly G-Gundam levels of unexpected...

I guess this just further cements the fact that Akihiro Hino has this bizarre hold over the Japanese entertainment industry that nobody actually seems to be able to explain.

Comment

I guess they are going for a moe effect but someone has to tell them that it only works if it were females characters. Highly disappointed by this news. I hate kid pilots and from the looks of it, really young kids. They just have too much emo and whining to do that it annoys the hell nd distracts you from the show.

Comment

Can't say I'm very impressed by any of the designs. I remember being annoyed by the kid pilot in Victory and hope this isn't going to be more of the same.
        Moderator: Anime Recommendations, UK/AU

Comment

Originally posted by untoldsorrow View Post
          I guess they are going for a moe effect but someone has to tell them that it only works if it were females characters.
          Uhh...I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you are talking about.

Also, its goddamn Dendoh.
          VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
          Vivid Impact!
          Vividred Operation

Comment

Originally posted by Hitokiri View Post
            I like my idea better
            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
            Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
            Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Fencedude View Post
              Uhh...I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you are talking about.

Also, its goddamn Dendoh.
              Not exactly. It's apparently going to be a generational story, with two of those kids being the son and grandson of the remaining kid. Also, it's supposedly telling the events of the "Hundred-Years War", which would explain the idea of it being a generational story. But I will admit that the Gundam AGE itself does look a litte like Dendoh.

The basic idea is neat, and I can actually look beyond those character designs. Yes, they are obviously trying to get a much younger audience with this Gundam, but you can't exactly blame them for trying. At least it is something different in the end.
              Come Visit The Land of Obscusion... Maybe you missed a title the first time around.
              Forum Avatar: Hareluya Hibino & Kiyoshiro Okamoto from Hareluya II BØY / Blog Avatar: Michiru Yamane & Makoto Ichijo from Hareluya II BØY

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                Nope. Gundam Seed is an awful show full of idiots, and these are all terrible ideas.
                my idea are terible?!

oh come give my idea a worth unless this just something else like decoy or late april fool gag till real showing arrive?

(as long my ideas of GS return or female lead gundam pilot will happen).
                LIVING THE ANIME DREAM
                ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
                WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD DECADES
                MAR-KLAC-VELOUS OF ANIME WORLD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emMKAOgxaU0
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related

Comment

Looks like this one won't do much for me. Oh well, at least there's still 3 more of my favorite Gundam yet to be released, and it's never been my favorite franchise anyway.
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Gundam AGE PV

And we have a PV. It actually looks kinda cool.
                    VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
                    Vivid Impact!
                    Vividred Operation

Comment

Re: Gundam AGE PV

Originally posted by Fencedude View Post
                      And we have a PV. It actually looks kinda cool.
                      The promo does make it look interesting, though that's largely attributable to the fact that it's an action-y preview designed to make it look interesting. They sure seem to be playing it safe with the setup and the mobile suit conventions, while only going for "new and different" with this conceit of generational characters using the Gundam to fight.

Is it just me, or does the ship that first appears at about 1:47 desperately look like it was designed to eventually transform into something else, either an attachment for the Gundam, or a Gundam or mobile armor in its own right?

And apparently I was kind of wrong about Sunrise; Susumu Yamaguchi's been on a number of projects with them, over a number of years, though his only directorial credits are three of the Sgt. Frog movies, so that's kind of promote-from-within after all. I guess he's impressed the right people.

I also giggled at seeing the "AGE" in the series logo being pulled from the same font style as the logo for Angel Beats. That's going to distract the hell out of me for the next several years.
                      asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                      Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                      Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

I haven't seen a ship so begging for transformation since Valstork.

If it doesn't transform, I'll be highly disappointed in Sunrise.
                        VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
                        Vivid Impact!
                        Vividred Operation

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                          And apparently I was kind of wrong about Sunrise; Susumu Yamaguchi's been on a number of projects with them, over a number of years, though his only directorial credits are three of the Sgt. Frog movies, so that's kind of promote-from-within after all. I guess he's impressed the right people.
                          Oh, I've seen those Keroro movies, they're pretty great fun, though admittedly for movies 2 and 3 that was mostly because of how terrible the subtitles on the R3 release I was watching were. The forth movie has Zinadine Zidane headbutting Keroro in the OP though, and that's just fabulous.

Still, I do kind of like the premise they're going for with this - the generational jump thing will hopefully mean things change-up enough every cour or so, and will hopefully mean we avoid any kind of mid-season doldrums. Trailer looks pretty neat, too.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine
                          Working...
                          X