Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [RFD] Seasonal prefixes for shows?

Widgets Magazine
    I hadn't intended the streaming tag to be used in the general anime forum since in a way it doesn't make too much sense. Would people be interested in having prefixes by season for shows? i.e. [Summer 2011] SERIES NAME?

Since you can sort on prefixes, make it easy to future backtrack to a particular season?
    Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Re: [RFD] Seasonal prefixes for shows?

I really don't like the [Streaming] tags on the series discussion threads, but seasonal tags sound like a good idea and I wouldn't mind those.
    So there's this thing called Twitter

Comment

How would multi-cour shows be identified? Solely by their debut season/year? Or something else?
      Avatar: Ahiru and Fakir of Princess Tutu | My manga list | My anime DVD list

Comment

Depends on whether a new thread was started up for a new season, and the delay between seasons. Shows like Bleach, One Piece would get a prefix of "ongoing" I think.
        Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Comment

Is it possible for any user to edit the prefixes of threads they start, or does that require special permissions, like editing thread titles?
          The Post's Most Wanted Manga | Fandom Post -Female Anime Character Ranking-

Avatar: Ange Ushiromiya of Umineko no Naku Koro ni (When the Seagulls Cry).

Comment

I like the idea of the seasonal prefixes, but what about [Summer '11] rather than [Summer 2011]. I'd also propose using Autumn not Fall, but that would likely earn me a different type of fall.

As for mutli-cour? Go with the season it started, only splitting for series breaks and with long running shows.

On a different note, what about using thread tags for genres? For instance tagging "Hayate the Combat Butler" as comedy and shounen.
            Proudly Part of the Eli-chan Fanclub
            Eardrums be damned, she's so cute!

Find me in the Blogs, on Youtube and occasionally Twitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Fudce View Post
              On a different note, what about using thread tags for genres? For instance tagging "Hayate the Combat Butler" as comedy and shounen.
              I actually would like this. I've been quite buried in my DVDs, but every once in a while, I want to be able to just lay down at my computer and watch something. As things are now with streaming rights, there's just so much out there that I don't even know where to begin, so it never happens. I could then sort by what I'm in the mood for.

As for a seasonal prefix, I'd prolly go for keeping them short. Something like Q3-2011 for summer 2011, since Q1 is winter. Or would that be too confusing?
              -dunno001
              -Here, kity, kitty, kitty...
              -Moderator for US region, General anime, Off-topic, Gaming, Manga, and Site news forums

Comment

What about [Sum 11]?

Comment

Originally posted by dunno001 View Post
                  I actually would like this. I've been quite buried in my DVDs, but every once in a while, I want to be able to just lay down at my computer and watch something. As things are now with streaming rights, there's just so much out there that I don't even know where to begin, so it never happens. I could then sort by what I'm in the mood for.

As for a seasonal prefix, I'd prolly go for keeping them short. Something like Q3-2011 for summer 2011, since Q1 is winter. Or would that be too confusing?
                  Definitely want to keep the actual season names. They are essentially universal across anime discussions, so anyone who follows currently airing anime will know what "Spring 2011" means.
                  VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
                  Vivid Impact!
                  Vividred Operation

Comment

What about [Sum 11]?
                    That would work better, I think. My mind tends to think in numbers, so everything that it can convert to a number it does without my thinking. It just went "Well, there are 4 cour in a year, 4 seasons, so..."
                    -dunno001
                    -Here, kity, kitty, kitty...
                    -Moderator for US region, General anime, Off-topic, Gaming, Manga, and Site news forums

Comment

I would vote Yes for that, would be really useful.

Comment

I would definitely like the idea of seasonal tags. Also, I will promote the idea of using Autumn because Autumn just sounds so much more official and epic.

The idea of using the "streaming" tag or tags like it for discussion threads did seem kind of odd to me. Especially since shows can viewed in multiple forms. These shows do eventually come out on at least DVD in Japan and sometimes on BD as well. Plus, some shows air on channels that can be watched. Like how A-Channel airs on MBS. Not to mention the rare show that actually gets license.
                        "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
                        Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

While on the subject of tagging thread, should they be tagged with the series name, or the parts of the series name?

For example, "Aria the Scarlet Ammo".

Should it be tagged "Aria", "Scarlet", "Ammo", "Hiden", or "Aria the Scarlet Ammo", "Hiden no Aria"?

Comment

Originally posted by Tenshi Hinanai View Post
                            I would definitely like the idea of seasonal tags. Also, I will promote the idea of using Autumn because Autumn just sounds so much more official and epic.

The idea of using the "streaming" tag or tags like it for discussion threads did seem kind of odd to me. Especially since shows can viewed in multiple forms. These shows do eventually come out on at least DVD in Japan and sometimes on BD as well. Plus, some shows air on channels that can be watched. Like how A-Channel airs on MBS. Not to mention the rare show that actually gets license.
                            I think the main use is informing people that it has a simulcast, like how the site-not-to-be-named as "CR" tags. On the other hand, it's redundant since all the threads here usually have a link to a CR page if it exists.
                            The Post's Most Wanted Manga | Fandom Post -Female Anime Character Ranking-

Avatar: Ange Ushiromiya of Umineko no Naku Koro ni (When the Seagulls Cry).

Comment

While on the subject of tagging thread, should they be tagged with the series name, or the parts of the series name?

For example, "Aria the Scarlet Ammo".

Should it be tagged "Aria", "Scarlet", "Ammo", "Hiden", or "Aria the Scarlet Ammo", "Hiden no Aria"?
                              I'd go with the full name myself. Although some names like "Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko" are too long for tags... Which complicates things. I suppose there's the idea of nicknames, but some series might now have clear nicknames.
                              I think the full name is the safest way to handle it. Assuming of course tagging "accepts{
                              "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
                              Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X