X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2011] Summer anime charts

Widgets Magazine
    http://thecartdriver.com/wp-content/.../08/ilr8Oa.jpg

I still haven't seen any Appleseed, but I liked Vexille, so I should probably get on that.

Natsume isn't for me, but at least Crunchyroll is almost guaranteed to simulcast it.

I haven't seen the original Blood movie, but I like Blood+ (well, it was alright anyway), but I don't like CLAMP generally, so I'll definitely only check out Blood-C if it gets a simulcast, and even then I may not stick with it for more than one episode.

I haven't heard about the BakaTest sequel, but I'll watch that and I'm sure FUNimation will announce full rights and simulcast it.

Oh I didn't see you there at first, new Gainax show! Granted, it's an adaptation and the original is by the creator of Asura Cryin' no less, but if we only get a cour or two of Gainax a year, I'm willing to accept it when I get it. Hopefully they'll do good things with it.

Nura never did much for me, but at least it should get a Viz simulcast.

Sacred Seven is a Sunrise original that sounds like it could have potential, so I'll keep an eye out for that.

I don't know how many TV specials Crunchyroll has gotten, but the Milky Holmes one might get on there.

Both of Gonzo's first series in years, Nyanpire and the Last Exile sequel, are missing from this chart the former is on the second one. I assume both will simulcast on Crunchyroll. The Last Exile sequel could be licensed by FUNimation immediately, in which case it could simulcast on both Crunchyroll and FUNimation's video site. I hope for the most on those fronts. I'll even check out Nyanpire.

Not a bad-looking season after all.
    Last edited by GingaDaiuchuu; 05-19-2011, 08:59 PM.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Re: Summer anime charts

I'm planning to watch the noitaminA shows No. 6 and Usagi Drop, along with Natsume S3 (I still need to watch S2 though) and Appleseed XIII. I'll try Blood-C too depending on the reviews.
    Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

Originally posted by FUNiOP View Post
      Both of Gonzo's first series in years, Nyanpire and the Last Exile sequel, are missing from this chart. I assume both will simulcast on Crunchyroll. The Last Exile sequel could be licensed by FUNimation immediately, in which case it could simulcast on both Crunchyroll and FUNimation's video site. I hope for the most on those fronts. I'll even check out Nyanpire.
      I think the new Last Exile series is most likely going to air in the fall. Otherwise, I think we would have heard something about it airing in summer by now other than the Anime Expo premiere.
      Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

Originally posted by chronoclast View Post
        the noitaminA shows No. 6 and Usagi Drop
        I need to pay attention to where it says noitaminA. Usagi Drop looks like the rare noitaminA show that I won't like, just as Princess Jellyfish was, but No. 6 looks great and it's got BONES behind it to boot. My only hope is that they actually both get at least simulcasts, since the one noitaminA show that didn't get a simulcast in the past year is this season's ridiculously-titled-but-very-highly-regarded series that I really wish did.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Not really sure if I have anything that jumps out as "absolute must watch", but as always there's a lot around that has potential interest to me and so I'll probably be trying a good bit from that season. The one I think I'm most curious on is Usagi Drop. Dantalian no Shoka has me extremely interested just seeing that Sawashiro Miyuki is voicing a very pretty-looking lead female. Kami-sama no Memo-chou has Kishida Mel designs (though who knows if those will be adapted well, like with Hanasaku Iroha, or not) and has some decently interesting staff. Ikoku Meiro seems to have a good number of people that interest me on the staff side as well (particularly SatoJun, even if he's not in a directorial role).

Out of the non-TV series stuff, Heaven's Lost Property movie has my interest, though I probably won't actually be seeing it around release for obvious reasons (wonder if it will get a swift license by FUNi). I think I have a bit of morbid curiosity on Kuttsukiboshi, wondering if the ending is worth the year-long cliffhanger.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
            Kami-sama no Memo-chou has Kishida Mel designs (though who knows if those will be adapted well, like with Hanasaku Iroha, or not) and has some decently interesting staff.
            After Soranowoto and Hanasaku Iroha, that sounds promising, although this one isn't an original. I could see it getting a Crunchyroll simulcast. Interesting that there are two new series that start with "Kami-sama" this season.

And yes, FUNimation will probably license the Heaven's Lost Property movie soon.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Mawaru Penguin Drum, a new Ikuhara series, is also missing.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

More series on this chart, which has been added to the OP:

http://neregate.com/blog/wp-content/...1-Anime-v4.jpg
                Last edited by GingaDaiuchuu; 05-19-2011, 08:59 PM.
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I will have to wait and hear what others think to get a definitive answer of what I plan on checking out. But I will most likely go for Dantalion, Appleseed XIII, and No. 6 due to the studios that are animating them. I will also be interested in the Milky Holmes special, and I am hoping that it is more in line with the visual novel should be a second season, and that Opera becomes relevant. And after watching the first season after its release that I will be looking into the second season of Baka and Test. And of course, this is not the end all for me as I will see what others liked.

As far as OVAs and movies go, I will look forward to watching Hellsing Ultimate and Black Lagoon when it comes to America (eventually) as well as the FMA movie and Kokuriko.
                  MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
                  Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                  Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Yes, the FMA movie is probably the biggest thing on the list for me whenever FUNimation releases it. I still have to get all the Hellsing and Black Lagoon anime.
                    My Top Anime | Manga
                    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                    My FP Reviews | Twitter
                    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by FUNiOP View Post
                      I could see it getting a Crunchyroll simulcast. Interesting that there are two new series that start with "Kami-sama" this season.
                      It's hard to say. The only companies I can see associated with it are Ascii Media Works (the original publisher) and J.C. Staff (the animation studio), and neither are likely the company doing international rights. I guess the likelihood of a Crunchyroll simulcast depends on who their production partner that controls those rights is, ranging from likely (TV Tokyo, Kadokawa) to maybe (Aniplex, Yomiuri) to unlikely (Geneon, TBS, Starchild).

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                        It's hard to say. The only companies I can see associated with it are Ascii Media Works (the original publisher) and J.C. Staff (the animation studio), and neither are likely the company doing international rights. I guess the likelihood of a Crunchyroll simulcast depends on who their production partner that controls those rights is, ranging from likely (TV Tokyo, Kadokawa) to maybe (Aniplex, Yomiuri) to unlikely (Geneon, TBS, Starchild).
                        Yeah, I guess there's no telling yet, at least for that title.

For the Gonzo shows, I assume they control those rights themselves like usual for shows they animate (although not always, like with Saki), which is why I'm sure they'll simulcast on Crunchyroll.

Are there any companies with new series this season that have never let any of their properties get simulcasts? The current season seems like there were only a few series that didn't, and spring seasons are always bigger than summer seasons, so I'd like to think that we could be watching all these series via simulcast, but I'm sure that there will be at least one or two that we don't get. I just hope the number (or percentage) of simulcasts doesn't drop down from the past few seasons, as it has other seasons following seasons with a very high turnout.
                        My Top Anime | Manga
                        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                        My FP Reviews | Twitter
                        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Natsume Yuujin-Chou San

The first two seasons were decent, so might as well try this one too.

Mayo Chiki

I'm sorry, but the reverse trap in this is not very effective based on her design. About the only way she'd be effective if she's got everyone convinced that she's so girlish that she has to be trap.

Still it could make a for a decent series. Plus, it will be fun to see if she has the magic breasts. You know the type that can be easily hidden in spite of being quite large. Not that being delicously large wouldn't be nice to look at. Note, I said "delicious", reaching the point of "disgusting" is not for me.

Actually, it might end up being depressing if she spends too much time disguised as a boy and thus denies us a decent view of her true look most of the time.

The Idol Master

Let's see how this is without focusing on mechs. Not that the first series was bad, it had its moments. However it would be nice to see more focus on the Idol stuff. Especially since chances are I'll never own the game. And if I tried it, I'd be bad at it.

Baka to Test Shoukanjuu Ni

Yeah, the first series was flawed, but it made for an easy watch. A background type noise show. So it can't hurt to have it pass the time.

Usagi Drop

I like what I've read and tried of the manga. Need to find a way to fit it into my budget soon. Just need to wrap a few things as well. Here's hoping this anime is allowed to tell the whole story.

Ikoku Meiro no Crosee

It's the type of premise that's either the start of a drama series or a slice of life series. Depends on how the premise plays into things.

Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi

It couldn't hurt to give it a couple of episodes. Hopefully it won't be one of those shows that tries too hard. Cautious about it.

Nekogami Yaoyorozu

It has cute characters and sounds like it will be fun. Definitely one of the series I'm looking forward to next season.

R-15

This will either be wrong in amusing way or wrong in awful way. I guess it depends on what they show.

Dantalian no Shoka

It will depend on how the first few episodes play it and whether any of the demons interest me. Hint, demons of the cute female kind. What?

Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel

Ah, and this time more than two episodes. I think I'll give it a try for the heck of it.

Kamisama Dolls

No idea what to say about this one. Shows like it have potential to be very interesting or rather boring.

Kami-sama no Memo-chou

It sounds silly enough to work, but I hope she at least is willing to vary her pajamas a bit.

Ro-Kyo-Bu!

I've watched girls play other sports before, so it can't hurt to try this one as well

Yuruyuri

Perhaps one of my most anticipated series of Summer. What I've read of the manga so far has been fun and I love the designs of the girls. So long as the anime doesn't screw things up this will be a worthwhile series for me to try.

Morita-san Wa Mukuchi

Wow! Talk about awesome timing. I recently read the first two chapters of this series and it's yet another 4-Koma of interest for me. One I'd love to see as anime. And now I find out, it's going to be anime. Like I said, this is awesome and I definitely have to watch this one.
                          --------------------------------

I know I skipped a few, but the ones I skipped are very likely ones I'll pass on anyway or ones that I just can't think of anything to say right now. I do see we have some potential specials of interest

Yurumates Huh?

Wonder if it will have a higher budget this time. Would be nice if they'd just do a TV series.

Kuttsukiboshi

Aspects of it gave mixed feelings about the first one, but it also makes me somewhat curious about what answers the second willl provide.

--------

Too lazy to go through the other specials right now In any case, the four major shows of Summer for me are likely to be...
                          • Morita-san Wa Mukuchi
                          • Yuruyuri
                          • Nekogami Yaoyorozu
                          • Usagi Drop

Although others have potential as well, but to be honest I can only tell so much from images. Still Morita-san! Morita-san! I wonder what she has to say about this good news. Morita-san?

Oh, and I might have included Yurumates if it was going to be a tv series, but you can only get so much out of an OVA.

Now then Japan. We still need animes of Kill me Baby, Ichiroh, and Ura Ban!
                          "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
                          Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Originally posted by Tenshi Hinanai View Post
                            Yuruyuri

Perhaps one of my most anticipated series of Summer. What I've read of the manga so far has been fun and I love the designs of the girls. So long as the anime doesn't screw things up this will be a worthwhile series for me to try.
                            Don't know anything about this but I love the original mangaka's character designs. Guess this is one I have some interest in, as the anime staff looks decent too.

Comment

Seems like there are more shows this summer I'm interested in checking out than I thought.

Mayo Chiki
                              Idolmaster
                              Usagi Drop
                              Yuruyuri
                              Morita-san wa Mukuchi
                              R-15
                              Dantalian no Shoka

That's about the same amount of shows I'm currently following for Spring 2011. This might be tough to juggle when it comes to importing since I'll be importing three Spring shows and possibly four or maybe even 5.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X