Widgets Magazine

anime based on true story, real event, well known story, based on something etc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anime based on true story, real event, well known story, based on something etc

Widgets Magazine
    give that there been some anime got like something based on like true story, real event, well known story, etc based on something.

is there you know that i should watch?
    LIVING THE ANIME DREAM
    ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
    WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD DECADES
    MAR-KLAC-VELOUS OF ANIME WORLD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emMKAOgxaU0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related

Re: anime based on true story, real event, well known story, based on something etc

not really a fan of the film, but Grave of the Fireflies is depicted around true events.
    Girl's High is said to be derived from real life experiences of the original author.
    not sure if it counts, but Hajime no Ippo references many things to real boxers, including the current world champ.

Comment

Re: anime based on true story, real event, well known story, based on something etc

Off the top of my head, Peacemaker Kurogane and Rurouni Kenshin are loosely based on real events and people. Many characters being actual historical figures.
      Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

Originally posted by ProvidenceBreaker View Post
        Off the top of my head, Peacemaker Kurogane and Rurouni Kenshin are loosely based on real events and people. Many characters being actual historical figures.
        How about Sengoku Basara, Hyouge Mono and Tono to Issho? Oda Nobunaga was a real person.
        My animé & figure collections
        Hummingbird
        || Tweeterings
        XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Originally posted by EyeOfPain View Post
          How about Sengoku Basara, Hyouge Mono and Tono to Issho? Oda Nobunaga was a real person.

If it's just based on real people, then Sengoku Otome (Battle Girls) would count.
          Inspired by well-known stories:
          Saiyuki (Journey to the West)

Koihime Musou, Ikkitousen - Romance of the Three Kingdoms

I think Yagyu Jubei was real, so throw in Jubei-chan and J2 (sequel).

And Samurai Girls falls into the same loosely-inspired by historical characters category.
          Moderator: Anime Recommendations, UK/AU

Comment

Hugo the Nagotiater, there was a famed indevidual that did go around to save hostages. I cannor remember in name but he was killed by some capters.

Reign the Conquerer, a styalized view of Alexander the Great.

Licenced by Royalty has a connection to the England/Northern Ireland conflict. L/R may be about mining right, if I remember, it does have a subsevent group of people dominated by a monarchy.
            With the need for a body guard, I recall how Lord Mountbatton was assanated. This is not a per batem show but a well representation of feeling, emotions and violent drive of what was under the serface.
            Sincerely: StanS
            Anigames

Comment

There's a movie out there called "Miyamoto Musashi" which is about Miyamoto Musashi. There's another one out there called "Spring and Chaos" that's about one of Japan's greatest authors, I think his name is Kenji Miyazawa. There's also another called "Nitaboh" about a the guy who invented a style of playing the shamisen. Obviously these movies embellish some, but they are based on actual people, so there's that.

Comment

Otogi Zochi & Kenshin have strong roots in the history of Japan.
                Sincerely: StanS
                Anigames

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_KLAC_RUSH View Post
                  give that there been some anime got like something based on like true story, real event, well known story, etc based on something.

is there you know that i should watch?
                  Samurai 7 is a 7 disk series about cybernetic samurai defending a village against (mecha using) bandits. However, its actually an adaptation of Seven Samurai, a period flick by Akira Kurosawa - which in turn was based on the (American) Western The Magnificent Seven. Its not a must-see, but I always enjoy it when I pick it up, and the conditions of a feudal era Japanese town map suprisingly well onto a poor post-Apocalyptic village

Satoshi Kon's Tokyo Godfathers, a movie about three homeless people who find an abandoned baby on Christmas Eve, is based on a (much older) live action movie. There are a lot of deus ex machina solutions, but its a very different, very interesting story
                  "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

Originally posted by One Vorlon View Post
                    However, its actually an adaptation of Seven Samurai, a period flick by Akira Kurosawa - which in turn was based on the (American) Western The Magnificent Seven.
                    :facepalm:
                    My animé & figure collections
                    Hummingbird
                    || Tweeterings
                    XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Originally posted by EyeOfPain View Post
                      :facepalm:
                      Someone's been messing with the timestream!

Well, we can just sic Hugo the Negotiator on them.

Also, this isn't really a recommendation thread, so I'm moving it to GA.
                      Avatar: Trixie is appalled by whatever I just said.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...
                      X