Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most awesome of bonus items!

Widgets Magazine
    I figured the other thread could use a sister~.

I haven't imported many JP releases, so I'm missing out on a whole world of luxurious excess. But for me so far, my favorite is the storyboard book that came with the Black Rock Shooter LE BD. It's fascinating to look through, especially since that OVA has such great animation.

So what stands out in your mind as particularly awesome, from any region?
    The Post's Most Wanted Manga | Fandom Post -Female Anime Character Ranking-

Avatar: Ange Ushiromiya of Umineko no Naku Koro ni (When the Seagulls Cry).

Re: Most awesome of bonus items!

Originally posted by einhorn303 View Post
    Pillow cases and dakimakura are always awesome bonuses for me. So are artbooks, character CDS, drama CDs, OSTS, and short stories. Oh, and boxes. Figures, of course. Especially nendoroids. I even like those screen savers. Rare cards for card games I collect (Hayate!/WS). And uh...
    Clannad is Life, Da Capo is Pure Love, Higurashi is Ethics, & Tori no Uta is the National Anthem.

Comment

Originally posted by einhorn303 View Post
      Even though it's not one of my favorite portions of the franchise, the script collection from the Haruhi movie is something I greatly enjoyed receiving. Having the majority of the script for the feature film of my favorite franchise was a great addition to the set.

Really all of the Haruhi special bonuses are really great. The film bookmarks, sticker collections, postcards, and pamphlets are all great touches to great products (except Gekisou, that can burn).
      "It'd be great if you could call me by the katakana pronunciation."
      "The kanji pronunciation is the same as the katakana one."
      Posting thoughts, reviews, and personal favorites at my personal blog.

Comment

Some of my favorite R1 bonuses, in no particular order:
        • Strawberry Marshmallow desk calendar
        • Gunslinger Girl "cloth poster"; currently framed and hanging on my wall
        • The Girl Who Leapt Through Time soundtrack in the deluxe DVD set
        • Moonphase postcards & album
        • Chobits stationery set; I don't use it, but it's still pretty nifty
        • most of my pencil boards; anything with pretty pictures on it is good in my book
        • Marimite cell phone charms; not that I use them, but just on principle
        • Witch Hunter Robin pin set in coffin case
        • Azumanga Daioh pins
        • KamiChu! mini-wallscroll
        • Kannagi t-shirt; I don't wear it, but I like the picture they chose
        • Haruhi pillowcases

I also got a Ponyo water squirter with my HK Ponyo bluray. It wasn't noted anywhere on Play-Asia that there was a free gift packaged with the movie, but when it arrived, there it was!
        Matsuri intently studies! || my avatar library
        ~ Currently Watching: Sailor Moon S; Ronja, The Robber's Daughter
        ~ Last Watched: Children Who Chase Lost Voices; KanColle; When Marnie Was There; The Tale of the Princess Kaguya; The Wind Rises; From Up on Poppy Hill
        homepageblogreviewsanilistkitsu

Comment

I'm just focusing on U.S. releases. Any releases that has pencil boards (mostly from the Geneon releases), soundtracks are typically liked me. Here are a few examples...edit: missing some of the the bonuses from the Nozomi releases: Aria/Maria Watches Over us franchises...
          • .hack//Sign (artbox, LEs): pins, t-shirt, plushie, soundtrack CD,...
          • Appleseed Movie LE steelbook set w/figure
          • Basilisk: vol. 1 LE wooden artbox w/wallscroll, vols. 2-6 LE w/booklet & cards
          • Fushigi Yugi Eikoden LE: w/10 pencil boards
          • Galaxy Angel, Vol.1 LE box w/ pencil board set, figure set, 16 page booklet
          • Haibane-Renmei, Vol. 1 w/artbox, mini artbook and 2 pencil boards; vols. 1+ w/ LE pencil boards
          • Hellsing, Vols. 3 & 4 w/figures
          • Hellsing Ultimate, Vol.1 LE Arucard Relief Figurine
          • Hellsing Ultimate, Vol.3 LE Anderson Relief Figurine
          • Ikki-Tousen: vol. 1 w/ LE box, pencil board, sports towel,...
          • Kamichu!, Vol.1 artbox (wooden slipcover) w/3 pencil boards & wallscroll
          • Kannazuki No Miko, Vol.1 artbox w/pencil board & pink shell necklace; vol.3 LE w/ booklet & pencil board
          • Kiddy Grade: Complete Collection with cards
          • Last Exile, Vol.1 LE w/artbox (mousepad, & action figure), Vol.2 w/set of 3 postcards, Vol. 3 & 5 w/paper airship, Vol.4 w/postcards, vol.6 w/set of 3 postcards, and Vol.7 w/13 postcards
          • Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya LEs
          • Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam LE Boxset - poster, booklet, 9 pencil sharpener figures
          • Moon Phase, Vol. 1 artbox w/ postcard binder, Vols. 1-6 w/4 postcards
          • R.O.D. the TV, Vol. 7 w/SRDX Anita figure
          • Scrapped Princess, Vols. 1-6 w/LE figure
          • Speed Grapher, Vol.1 artbox w/LE packaging & cards, Vol 2-6 LE packaging w/ cards
          • Tenjho Tenge, Vol.1 LE artbox w/ translucent pencilboard, comic & puzzle set
          • Texhnolyze, Vol.1 w/artbox, lenticular cover, Vols. 1-6 w/ lenticular covers
          • Trinity Blood, Vol.1 artbox w/LE packaging, booklet & cards, Vols. 2-6 LE package w/ booklet & cards
          • Witch Hunter Robin, Vol.1 w/LE box, shot glass, soundtrack CD, T-shirt and 2 cels
          • Wolf's Rain: Vol.1 w/LE box, Kiba plushie, CD
          Last edited by WTK; 05-14-2011, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial Experiments Nobue View Post
            • Gunslinger Girl "cloth poster"; currently framed and hanging on my wall
            • Chobits stationery set; I don't use it, but it's still pretty nifty
            I have never seen these in person. At this point in time, I probably won't go back to get it. Another one that I don't own and have not seen in person will be Lain collection with the lunchbox.

Comment

Back when Geneon was around, they always released the best LE items. The best of them being the Hellsing Ultimate art books and picture frame figures (though I must say that they should have had the glasses for Anderson molded on the face rather than giving a flimsy wire that I broke). The Anita figure with the ROD LE and the squeeze toy that came with the Aria LE are also great.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
              Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
              Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

I completely forgot this one from the Cat Shit One Blu-ray release...Packy and Botasky collectable figure set. I apparently got it in a random lottery when I bought this. There were 10 of them that were given away.

Comment

Hmm....there's a lot when it comes to the Japanese releases I've bought but the few favs of mine would be the following:

The Disappearance Of Haruhi Suzumiya LE BD (Animate's bonus body pillow cover)
                  Clannad & Clannad After Story LE DVD Bonus Items

Comment

Do want!
                    The Post's Most Wanted Manga | Fandom Post -Female Anime Character Ranking-

Avatar: Ange Ushiromiya of Umineko no Naku Koro ni (When the Seagulls Cry).

Comment

I'd echo the Clannad/Clannad After Story LE DVD bonuses and add the body pillow covers which have come with the special edition releases of the last four ToHeart2 OVAs.
                      Avatar: Kyou Fujibayashi (Clannad) by Fudce
                      Currently Watching: UN-GO
                      [Collection March '12]

Comment

LE's for the original Hellsing series by Gonzo had figures. I have a figure of Alucard and Seras Victoria

Escaflowne Complete series boxset LE came with a figure of Van's mecha. Pretty sure there were both white and black versions of this, I recieved the black version.

those are my favorites I guess.

Comment

I really like pencilboards; haven't seen many (any!) of those lately...

My favorite is probably from the R2 deluxe edition of Nausicaa: had a framed print (on my wall!), a ceramic figure (don't see that too often, nice), and other stuff (e.g., a resin statue of an ohmu, which is good quality, but a little too grotesque for my taste for display).

I enjoyed the jigsaw puzzles that came with R2 Spice & Wolf S1, as well...

--John N.

Comment

In general, I'm a fan of OSTs, figures, and anything with additional artwork. I really liked Geneon's postcards (Last Exile) & pencil boards (Ikkitousen, ROD). Bandai did a good job with all the .hack OSTs and a box to hold them. Kiddy Grade cards were nice, as were the Mushishi cards. Oh yeah, I also liked Geneon's foil covers (Black Heaven, Trigun). For imports, the figures that came with the Nurse Witch Komugi LE DVDs are pretty nice.

Most awesome though, would be a tough call between the special statue (huge & free!) that you got if you ordered the Escaflowne movie SE from Suncoast (in the upper left of this pic) or the stunning Mahoro crystal that came with the LE of the Japanese manga volume 8 (I don't have any good pics of it, but I found this site, which has some decent ones).
                            Currently Watching: Kimi ni Todoke, Maison Ikkoku, Touch

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine
                            Working...
                            X