Widgets Magazine

Hayate the Combat Butler! Heaven Is a Place on Earth (Movie)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hayate the Combat Butler! Heaven Is a Place on Earth (Movie)

Widgets Magazine
    The movie will hit theaters on August 27th in Japan. More interestingly... its a double billing with the Negima movie.

As noted in the thread title, the Hayate movie will be titled "Hayate the Combat Butler! Heaven Is a Place on Earth". The Negima movie has the incredibly unimaginative (but depressing) title of "Anime Final". It's kind of strange to see this since the manga have different publishers, but as the ANN article notes, the publishers have collaborated before.

Edit: Official movie site. (Warning: contains pictures that could be considered a Negima spoiler for chapters not yet released in the U.S.)
    Last edited by Hitokiri; 05-17-2011, 03:18 PM.
    So there's this thing called Twitter

Re: Hayate the Combat Butler! Heaven Is a Place on Earth (Movie)

Oooh, I'll be sure to put that date in my diary.

(not that I can go to Japan to watch it, as much as I'd love to)
    Proudly Part of the Eli-chan Fanclub
    Eardrums be damned, she's so cute!

Find me in the Blogs, on Youtube and occasionally Twitch.

Comment

Well, this movie will be a good way to "end" summer!

Comment

Not to be mean or everything, but I really hope the Hayate movie is a short one (as in about 30 minutes). That way, some of the more "key" components of the Magic World arc of Negima get covered without being rushed or cut out (after all, SHAFT kinda dropped the ball by starting the Magic World OAV's at the very beginning of the arc).

EDIT: As for pairing the Negima movie with the Hayate movie, that does make sense, since Ken Akamatsu is close friends of the creator of Hayate's creator (not to mention Akamatsu-sensei has done at least one April Fools joke suggesting a Negima/Hayate crossover).
        Last edited by TnAdct1; 05-14-2011, 07:31 PM.
        Joseph Klemm
        "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
        Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
        Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
        Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

I will be definitely interested in this. I don't expect future JP release to include subs. Hopefully there eventually will be a TW or HK release.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
            I will be definitely interested in this. I don't expect future JP release to include subs. Hopefully there eventually will be a TW or HK release.
            Let's hope... I would get it right away!

Comment

I wonder if this and Negima! will get the One Piece & Toriko BD Bundle treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by MelancholicMariya View Post
                I wonder if this and Negima! will get the One Piece & Toriko BD Bundle treatment.
                In 3D? :D

Comment

No...Please NO!

Comment

Obviously! If the movie didn't sound good enough, just slapping 3D on it just makes it 10 times more incredible! Rendering flat surfaces in 3D must look amazing!

hurrdurr

Comment

(Posting this piece on both the Hayate and Negima movie threads)

As a promotional piece for the upcoming double feature, the LE versions of Negima 34 and Hayate 28 came with a card set featuring the main male and two main females of each show dressed in the style of the other show.

In the case of Hayate, the set features Hayate, Nagi, and Maria sporting typical Mahora Academy school girl attire (yes, even Hayate is dressed in it), with Nagi sporting Asuna's bell hair ornaments and, living up to her namesake, holding the staff of Nagi Springfield.

Meanwhile, on the Negima side, the leads are dressed as the Hayate characters, with Negi as Hayate (or more specifically, Hermione ), Asuna as Nagi, and Nodoka as Maria (looks like Akamatsu and Hata-sensei are familiar with the inital settings of the Sunday vs. Magazine PSP game).

Pictures of the set (and the contents of the LE's of the recent Negima and Hayate volumes) can be found here (Warning: NSFW and spoilers).
                      Last edited by TnAdct1; 05-17-2011, 01:04 PM.
                      Joseph Klemm

Spring 2015 Plans

Comment

Originally posted by TnAdct1 View Post
                        In the case of Hayate, the set features Hayate, Nagi, and Maria sporting typical Mahora Academy school girl attire (yes, even Hayate is dressed in it),

Spoiler ->Why wouldn't Hayate be wearing girls attire. It's his normal dress.

(joke based on minor spoiler).
                        Clannad is Life, Da Capo is Pure Love, Higurashi is Ethics, & Tori no Uta is the National Anthem.

Comment

Originally posted by TnAdct1 View Post
                          In the case of Hayate, the set features Hayate, Nagi, and Maria sporting typical Mahora Academy school girl attire (yes, even Hayate is dressed in it), with Nagi sporting Asuna's bell hair ornaments and, living up to her namesake, holding the staff of Nagi Springfield.

Meanwhile, on the Negima side, the leads are dressed as the Hayate characters, with Negi as Hayate (or more specifically, Hermione ), Asuna as Nagi, and Nodoka as Maria (looks like Akamatsu and Hata-sensei are familiar with the inital settings of the Sunday vs. Magazine PSP game).
                          Thanks for the explanation of the LE contents. I had a decent idea of what to expect from the Negima LE aside from the movie cross-over stuff, but I had no idea what the Hayate LE was going to have.

However, you're descriptions are a bit misleading. You made it sound like one card had three Negima characters dressed up as Hayate characters and the other had three Hayate characters dressed up as Negima characters. But that's not the quite the case. While everyone is dressing up as characters from the opposite series, Negi is with Nagi and Maria, while Hayate is with Asuna and Nodoka.

Pictures of the set (and the contents of the LE's of the recent Negima and Hayate volumes) can be found here (Warning: NSFW and spoilers).
                          I was not expecting the NSFW contents of that to be from the Hayate side, and especially not for it to be an incredibly blatant Nagi pantyshot at that. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

On a side note, I've created a thread specifically for discussing these kinds of LE bonus items in the manga forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Draneor View Post

Spoiler ->Why wouldn't Hayate be wearing girls attire. It's his normal dress.

(joke based on minor spoiler).
                            For anyone wondering, this doesn't qualify as a spoiler for anyone who's seen even a decent chunk of the first season.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitokiri View Post
                              Thanks for the explanation of the LE contents. I had a decent idea of what to expect from the Negima LE aside from the movie cross-over stuff, but I had no idea what the Hayate LE was going to have.

However, you're descriptions are a bit misleading. You made it sound like one card had three Negima characters dressed up as Hayate characters and the other had three Hayate characters dressed up as Negima characters. But that's not the quite the case. While everyone is dressing up as characters from the opposite series, Negi is with Nagi and Maria, while Hayate is with Asuna and Nodoka.
                              That is indeed true. The main reason I didn't bother mentioning this due to the fact that both cards come with both LE's. Given how Negi is being drawn by Hayate's creator on the card (and vice versa), maybe I should have mentioned it.
                              Joseph Klemm

Spring 2015 Plans

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine