Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most horrible of bonus items!

Widgets Magazine
    I snagged one of the last Hare+Guu sets from TRSI recently, and as I opened it up, the cool feeling of relief washed over me as I saw it did not include the ghastly chest-hair wig bonus item.

I mean, what was AN thinking? Ewww, just eww! And ick! I have no doubt that late at night it creeps around the dark corners of your anime shelves, nesting and doing who knows what!

What do you think, is that one the worst, or are there other equally traumatizing bonus items that have been inflicted upon us poor, loyal masses? Or even on-disc extras of shame? And do other regions have disgusting loot like this, or are we particularly good at it? Tell me how it felt, as whatever-it-was spilled freshly out of the box and into your lap!
    Avatar: Trixie is appalled by whatever I just said.

Re: Most horrible of bonus items!

The only thing comes to mind are the God panties...though I find them more amusing than anything.
    Help get Higurashi: When They Cry on Steam!

New & Early releases thread | MAL profile | anime collection | Avatar: Kobato Hasegawa (Haganai)

Comment

Originally posted by Isuzu Inugami View Post
      I snagged one of the last Hare+Guu sets from TRSI recently, and as I opened it up, the cool feeling of relief washed over me as I saw it did not include the ghastly chest-hair wig bonus item.

I mean, what was AN thinking? Ewww, just eww! And ick! I have no doubt that late at night it creeps around the dark corners of your anime shelves, nesting and doing who knows what!

What do you think, is that one the worst, or are there other equally traumatizing bonus items that have been inflicted upon us poor, loyal masses? Or even on-disc extras of shame? And do other regions have disgusting loot like this, or are we particularly good at it? Tell me how it felt, as whatever-it-was spilled freshly out of the box and into your lap!
      Wait, nothing can beat that... Wow. Who would be interest to own it?

Comment

I have that wig somewhere in the house, sealed too. I don't know if I would call it horrible, but useless. I have the Shuffle! got panties too. I can't think of much from the past releases. A recent one that I consider useless was the LE flag from Chrome Shelled Regios, Part 1.

Comment

Although I never bought it, I would say those t-shirts that came with the Lucky Star LE sets. They are just the silliest things out there, and something I would dare not wear outside of cons. Those things made me not want to buy the LE for that series.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
          Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
          Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Hellsing bloodbag. So bad, it's good.
            The Gokusen jacket. Was that supposed to be even wearable?
            GitS movie as an extra on the 2.0 release. I've seen VHS tapes that look better.

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
              Man, this must be weird. This thread is really fun!

Comment

The Gokusen jacket. Was that supposed to be even wearable?
                I have never seen either one of them in person. The bloodbag though is a interesting LE for Hellsing. What material was the jacket made out of?

Comment

Originally posted by Damius View Post
                  Man, this must be weird. This thread is really fun!
                  "Not for consumption. Not for transfusion."

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                    I have never seen either one of them in person. The bloodbag though is a interesting LE for Hellsing. What material was the jacket made out of?
                    The jacket was made out vinyl. Flimsy vinyl that should've passed as a disposable poncho. I forgot what I did to it.

Comment

"Not for consumption. Not for transfusion."
                      They really wrote that!:D

Comment

Originally posted by Damius View Post
                        They really wrote that!:D
                        yeah. But even if someone did use it, it's safe and non-toxic..according to the label.

Comment

Curious to know if anyone here have the Gantz ball not scratched. This is one of the reason I didn't bought it...

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                            Although I never bought it, I would say those t-shirts that came with the Lucky Star LE sets. They are just the silliest things out there, and something I would dare not wear outside of cons. Those things made me not want to buy the LE for that series.
                            Haha, I have two of those from a Bandai panel, and yeah, I'd say that's a good idea. (Though they've doubled as night-shirts around the house occasionally, which has been awkward to explain).

Comment

Originally posted by Betenoire
                              Mine has minor scratches along the seems from opening it but other than that it is scratch free. Of course it took digging through a stack of 8-10 that Best Buy had in store at the time to find one in that good of shape.
                              same here. The scuff/scratches weren't terrible on mine and I think I might've made them while moving it around in the box. As for other LE items, does anyone remember what series a shell-necklace came from? I might've mixed it from something else, but it's basically a pink clam shell piece with a brown tie.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X