Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anime Draft 2012: Voting on proposed rule changes

Widgets Magazine
    Okay, porting over from the old place, there were some proposed rule changes that I'd like to get voting on. Nobody proposd anything else in the last month we were there, so I'm porting all suggestions that went through the vetting process to here. (That, and this also gives me a chance to look at the polling options for next year.) So I will implore people to help make 2012's draft a draft so good that you won't care if it's the end!
    QUESTION: Which percentage of votes should be required for a player to be ejected?
    0.00%
    --Simple majority (as now).
    6.76%
    --60%
    18.92%
    QUESTION: If a player is motioned for ejection, should there be a delay for them to explain themselves?
    0.00%
    --Yes
    20.27%
    --No
    5.41%
    QUESTION: If a player is ejected during the voting phase, should their characters be left in as non-scored?
    0.00%
    --Yes
    18.92%
    --No
    6.76%
    QUESTION: Should the round 12 draft order be known to be the average time of picks for rounds 2-11?
    0.00%
    --Yes
    9.46%
    --No
    13.51%

The poll is expired.

-dunno001
    -Here, kity, kitty, kitty...
    -Moderator for US region, General anime, Off-topic, Gaming, Manga, and Site news forums

Does this forum's polling function have an option to have the results blind until the scheduled end of voting? For this poll it doesn't matter much, but when we start voting in both the ongoing VA draft and for the next Anime Draft, we will need it.
    Avatar: Kirino Kousaka from Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai
    My Anime Collection

Comment

67 or even 75% would be a better percentage I think. 60% is barely an improvement over the disappointing 50% threshold of last time.
      MAL Profile | My Figure Collection | Twitter

Comment

How exactly would the delay in the second question work? Does that mean delaying the actual polls? See, I think one reason I would really like the characters to be left in non-scored is that we could continue the draft at the regular pace while the ejection process is going on. There would be no reason to wait on the results of the ejection to continue doing polls, and thus not as much interference with the fun of the draft. Granted, I don't really see this situation coming up again anyway, but best to be prepared...

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
          How exactly would the delay in the second question work? Does that mean delaying the actual polls?
          Good question.
          I had assumed that it would be a delay in the vote for ejection. If I am wrong about that it might have changed my vote.
          But since I already did vote I guess that it is too late now.
          Avatar: Zeferis and Natalie from Scrapped Princess
          Unfortunately they never looked like that in the show.

Comment

Originally posted by touma View Post
            Good question.
            I had assumed that it would be a delay in the vote for ejection. If I am wrong about that it might have changed my vote.
            But since I already did vote I guess that it is too late now.
            Well, when I made the suggestion it was, give person X time to explain and then let people vote for his ejection. The vote would not be open before X days for example.

Comment

Okay, rather than making several posts, I'm going to just go in order down the list-

Victor: That was the one omission I saw that I was actually going to ask people informally about. I'm not going to create another poll, but rather, see what people here think. If I can get it back, then all will be moot, but as things are now, I'm not sure; I'll poke around and some other people...

malazar: I only listed 60% because it was the only other proposed percentage in the feedback thread. And truth be told, if I put in 67% and 75%, it may've diluted the results long enough to result in it being unchanged?

EB & touma: No, I will not delay voting polls for it. (Especially given where the other results of this are going...) This was exclusively for giving the ejectee time to make their case; I was figuring 1 day (since that's how long one would have to make a pick if it were their turn), and after that day, if they choose to make an argument, the poll would then go up. I didn't do that before because it means that while they could make a case, I can't put the poll in the same thread. By starting with the poll, they could argue their case in it, so I thought...
              -dunno001
              -Here, kity, kitty, kitty...
              -Moderator for US region, General anime, Off-topic, Gaming, Manga, and Site news forums

Comment

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine
              Working...
              X