Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Spring 2012] Kuroko no Basuke Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    Basketball anime based on the manga by Tadatoshi Fukimaki and animated by Production I.G. Starts this weekend.

ANN Encyclopedia Entry
    Official Site

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.
    Last edited by Sabure; 04-05-2012, 11:33 AM.
    Currently Watching | MAL Profile
    Let's make anime great again!

Re: Episode 2

Wot, just me watching this one?

- Riko can be decidedly evil at times (see: 'test of courage'), while her skipping is a sign of Very Bad Things on the way
    - may have to do a drinking game for this one. Swig whenever the Generation of Miracles is mentioned. I'd never make it through the episode sober.
    - Kuroko where'd-he-come-from!? ability is going to wear thin real soon, I'm sure.

This is going to be one of those shows where I start every episode thinking "right, I'm going to drop this this week." Two eps down, and I haven't quite managed to. Dunno how long that'll last for, though...
    maehara
    animevision - a casual anime fan's daily reviews & blog | lifestream
    Avatar: Myuseru, from Outbreak Company

Comment

Originally posted by maehara View Post
      I'm watching this too. It's just that I rarely post nowadays.
      SAMA-FUN #01 (Sports Anime and Manga Fans Union)
      METAL Mark-II (Mecha Enthusiasts' Talk)

Comment

Originally posted by maehara View Post

- Riko can be decidedly evil at times (see: 'test of courage'), while her skipping is a sign of Very Bad Things on the way
        That was the highlight of the episode for me, I laughed quite a bit. I really wanted to know what Kuroko was going to say with the loudspeaker... and the guy that went on and on was quite funny as well.

I am always amused by how many hamburgers guys eat in these types of shows.
        Sketch the rainbow!

Comment

Re: Kuroko no Basuke Discussion Thread

Im watching it too, anime has such good fan art. Kuroko and Kagami are great.

Wish this, and sports anime could see disc releases in the states.
          AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Re: Kuroko no Basuke Discussion Thread

I'm watching it. It's decent, but in episode 2, that move Kagami used looked like trash. He's essentially just dribbling in a circle, it's not even a proper spin move and doesn't look cool at all. I don't know if whether the manga is to blame or the animators are just lazy.

Comment

Episode 1

I didn't see a post about the first episode yet so I'll break the ice. And yes, I'm watching this series too; just got pre-occupied with other stuff. I blame the hockey playoffs .

Anyway Kuroko is part of the legendary middle school team called the "Generation of Miracles". But you couldn't tell by the way he plays the game - outside of being a deadly accurate passer and having the ability to be virtually unnoticed on the court, Kuroko pretty much doesn't have any real skills such as shooting and dribbling. However, Taiga Kagami is very intimidating and frightening skilled on the court (and has a passion for hamburgers - probably got that from his time in America). The two on the surface look like a mismatched pair, but once Taiga mentioned and his goal is to surpass the Generation of Miracles and be the #1 basketball player in Japan, Kuroko quickly supported him. Will be interesting to see where this relationship will go as the season starts.

The first episode was a good setup. It's not often that a cute high school girl is a coach for a fledging basketball team, but I like Riko and her unique ability to look at a player's potential just by looking at their bodies. The team has some potential judging from the scrimmage, and the Taiga-Kuroko relationship should be fun to watch.

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Originally posted by bci110 View Post
                The first episode was a good setup. It's not often that a cute high school girl is a coach for a fledging basketball team, but I like Riko and her unique ability to look at a player's potential just by looking at their bodies. The team has some potential judging from the scrimmage, and the Taiga-Kuroko relationship should be fun to watch.

Really? I thought that was the weakest part of the show, Riko's "stat" ability is just so...stupid. I definitely feel like she is the weakest link so far :x

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Kuroko's where'd-he-come-from!? ability is going to wear thin real soon, I'm sure.
                  It is.

- can fully understand the Seirin guys being thoroughly pissed that the Kaijo coach wasn't taking them seriously.
                  - good game when they finally get on to the full court and let rip properly.
                  - Taiga getting a lesson in playing from Kise. Which is actually good to see, since he seemed to think Japanese basketball was beneath him when he first arrived on the scene.
                  - I understand the idea that the opposition will eventually get used to Kuroko's misdirection, but saying there's a 40-minute-timer on it is just daft.

Actually liking this more each episode, which is the opposite of what I was expecting. Go figure.
                  maehara
                  animevision - a casual anime fan's daily reviews & blog | lifestream
                  Avatar: Myuseru, from Outbreak Company

Comment

Kise Ryoka - the first member of the fabled Generation of Miracles (outside of Kuroko) that we meet. He's a part-time model that has the uncanny ability to copy his opponent's moves and make them his own, as what he did with Taiga's spin move in the practice session.

That, and Rika's little "tradition" with the first-year players were pretty cool to watch. Taiga might be biting off more then he can chew with his challenge to take on the Generation. No problems scarfing down those hamburgers, though .

Comment

Ep 3

Pretty stunning episode with the basketball action. Character interactions are pretty cool. Kise is great with Kagami making things hilarious with how he reacts to Kagami, Kuroko is funny with Kise since they treat each other so differently or rather like equals not to mention Kise is just funny on his own with his personality, and all three are just on a completely different level with everyone else even in understanding. Its hard to pick a favorite. That was litrally the most intense five minutes of basketball Ive ever seen, so fast paced.

Dont understand why they had to waste part of the animation on just showing a hoop being lowered for setup. The music is also pretty interesting, oddly fits well. I really hope Kuroko doesnt lose his edge in just one game, or else then he would definitely have to be the weakest of the Generation of Miracles or whatever.
                      AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Episode 4

The practice game ends with Seirin winning 100-98 on an alley-oop dunk by Taiga at the buzzer. Kise is shocked after his defeat. Seirin used a counterattack that exposed Kise's only weakness to his game - he can't copy Kuroko's style of basketball. That pretty much kept them in the game until Kuroko got knocked out, which evolved the other players' abilities to their true levels.

And we had a cameo appearance by another member of the Generation of Miracles. We'll see more of him next week.

Comment

Re: Episode 4

Kagami on top and Kuroko on bottom was pretty epic and intense. Hope we get more action like this in the future. Felt kind of sad for Kise in the end there, hope he is a bit better if we actually see a serious game.

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Riko is awesome and that adds some value to this series.

I know Kuroko is supposed to be the lead character. Yet he never appeared in this episode.

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

I get the feeling Kuroko is going to give Kagami a headache.

Kuroko's abilities have their uses.

Comment

Riko is clearly a dangerous influence.

So Kuro's reason for not going with the other Miracles is because they weren't a team. That kind of makes sense.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X