X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have a question for you guys

Widgets Magazine
    i just want to know what anime have that i want does have the opening and closeing themes japenese text on them not the english text . here is the links

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/...h50m12s117.png

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/...3h20m20s24.png
    edit
    anime that i want to find that have Japanese openings and endings intact.
    Sekirei
    Fruits Basket
    Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple
    Ah! My Goddess: Flights of Fancy
    Basilisk
    Birdy the Mighty: Decode
    Black Blood Brothers
    Chobits
    Chrono Crusade
    Kiddy Grade
    if i remember anymore anime i want to know
    and also this if the region 1 releases don't have it i want links where i can buy the Japaneses versions that are on region 2
    Last edited by ps3repair1980; 04-05-2012, 05:46 PM. Reason: adding

Re: i have a question for you guys

Originally posted by ps3repair1980 View Post
    i just want to know what anime have that i want does have the opening and closeing themes japenese text on them not the english text . here is the links

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/...h50m12s117.png. . .
    That's from Dragonball Z - its very, very loosely based on the story Journey to the West and the legends of the Monkey King (only this version has aliens, cyborgs, and magic "Dragonballs" that grant wishes). The man in orange is the protagonist, Goku, and the little boy is his son, Gohan.

I'm not sure about the second image, though. I don't recognize the scene of the town.
    "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

Originally posted by One Vorlon View Post

That's from Dragonball Z - its very, very loosely based on the story Journey to the West and the legends of the Monkey King (only this version has aliens, cyborgs, and magic "Dragonballs" that grant wishes). The man in orange is the protagonist, Goku, and the little boy is his son, Gohan.

I'm not sure about the second image, though. I don't recognize the scene of the town.
      the second one is from full metal ? see i only did those pictures because i want to find from the dragon ball z pic i wanted the japanese text and not the english text from full metal ?

Comment

You want anime that has the Japanese openings and endings intact? Should we compile a list or just have DLK ship you a copy of everything he's got in stock currently so you can find out yourself?

Anyway, most DVD (subbed?) releases by Sentai will have the Japanese openings. Same for Nozomi. Funimation ones often have English text, though there are exceptions such as the DBZ Dragon Box release. Can't quite remember for Media Blasters and Bandai.

Comment

The few Media Blasters discs I have seen have English credits. Bandai seems to vary from title to title.

Comment

I think most NISA and Discotek discs have/will have the Japanese credits as well.

Some discs use multiple angles to adjust the credits based on the audio that was selected, but you generally don't see that on recent releases.

Comment

Originally posted by One Vorlon View Post

the second one is from full metal ? see i only did those pictures because i want to find from the dragon ball z pic i wanted the japanese text and not the english text from full metal ?
              I immediately thought Fullmetal as well.

Comment

please give good links i will post more when at 5 pm please help me out with good links

Comment

Originally posted by ps3repair1980
                  i updated my post
                  Originally posted by ps3repair1980
                  i will be adding more anime to the list in a couple of hours from i have to find which ones i want .
                  please give good links i will post more when at 5 pm please help me out with good links
                  Please stop bumping your thread. As noted in the official Forum Rules:
                  Bumping: Do not "bump" your thread or repeatedly post in it demanding a response. This behavior is highly discouraged and is considered very rude by most readers.
                  If you are adding information, it is better that you add that information in a new post.
                  Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
                  Scratchy for Tama is angry.
                  Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

If you're asking what DVDs include Japanese versions of the credits, then it is mainly just the older FUNimation titles with dual angles - Kiddy Grade definitely did, and I think Fruits Basket may have also. Possibly also Basilisk, but newer ones like Birdy and Sekirei, no. Also no for ADV ones like Chrono Crusade.

All Japanese region 2 discs have Japanese credits, for reasons I hope should be obvious.

Comment

Birdy actually has both Japanese and English credits (at the same time), and also the butchered ending of course.

Regarding R2 credits, sometimes (very rarely) a series will have English credits in the original broadcast and R2 master. In that case Japanese credits don't exist - at least when talking about the OP/ED overlays.

Anyway, some of the list ps3 posted is rather 'old', so may be very expensive (or impossible) to get as R2 discs. Waiting for a Japanese blu-ray for those is always an option I guess.

Comment

where is the best place where i can find the japanese versions dvds for a good price ?

Comment

where is the best place where i can find the japanese versions dvds for a good price ?

Comment

You should ask in the retail forum for help on that. I think a lot of people who import here use Amazon.co.jp. It might not be much help on some of the titles you are looking for, if they are out of print.

Comment

First of all, don't bump threads. Especially not when you've already been told not to do so. If you haven't gotten an answer before, there's likely a good reason for that.

Second, for future threads, please choose more descriptive subject lines, otherwise those threads will likely not be read by users who would be able to answer your questions, and a staff member will also have to change your subject line for you which will in turn possibly be followed by a warning or infraction.

Third, EmperorBrandon makes a good point. If you're asking about purchasing, that is what our Retail subforum is for. BEFORE starting a new thread there, though, please browse FIRST and see if there is a thread that already answers your question, or would be a better place to ask about something. We already have threads for three major retailers (Amazon Japan | CD Japan | HMV) that folks tend to use because they offer the best pricing and selection, and are easy to navigate for U.S. buyers, so they will likely be your best options for importing. If you have questions about any of those retailers, please post them in the applicable thread.
                              asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                              Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                              Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X