Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    Childhood nostalgia and a stress-induced ghost!

ANN

Official Site

Note
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the blue "Post Reply" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Quote" to the post you want to reply to.
    SAMA-FUN #04 / TOFU #01 / Sentai Kaiser / Game Reviews / Twitter
    Although his fighting spirit burns like fire, his mind is as calm as still water
    Watching: Initial D 5th Stage, Psycho-Pass, Zetsuen no Tempest, Space Brothers, Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, Kamen Rider Wizard

Episode 3

Jin is going to school...and then he isnt Interesting that his dad doesn't seem to be pressuring him into going either.

Poppo sees a ghost, but Menma says she has been at home all day. Hmm. Then, when Yukiatsu turns up to the barbeque, he also says he has seen Menma...
    Although his fighting spirit burns like fire, his mind is as calm as still water
    Watching: Initial D 5th Stage, Psycho-Pass, Zetsuen no Tempest, Space Brothers, Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, Kamen Rider Wizard

Comment

Episode 4

We get a better look at Tsuruko and Yukiatsu this episode. One comes out looking better, the other...not so much.

Naruko shows even more hair styles, with a nice twin braids look. Her default...handlebars are really her worst look.
      VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
      Vivid Impact!
      Vividred Operation

Comment

Re: Episode 4

I didn't expect that turn of events - that boy has issues.
        Proudly Part of the Eli-chan Fanclub
        Eardrums be damned, she's so cute!

Find me in the Blogs, on Youtube and occasionally Twitch.

Comment

Menmario and Menmaluigi!

Unsurprisingly, Yukiatsu was lying about seeing Menma. And he's dressing up as Menma, also not a huge shocker.

It was nice to see Tsuruko get some half-decent screentime.
          So there's this thing called Twitter

Comment

Well, this caught my eye: http://i.imgur.com/kkQf7.jpg. I can't recall the last time I've seen an American product in anime that wasn't bland-named.

Anyway, I really like this show so far. Having trouble deciding if I like it more than Gosick, but other than that and Madoka, I definitely like it more than anything else I saw from the previous season.
            Help get Higurashi: When They Cry on Steam!

New & Early releases thread | MAL profile | anime collection | Avatar: Kobato Hasegawa (Haganai)

Comment

Originally posted by cress2000 View Post
              Well, this caught my eye: http://i.imgur.com/kkQf7.jpg. I can't recall the last time I've seen an American product in anime that wasn't bland-named.
              Maybe that's some intentional product placement. There's a rather big Pepsi one in Tiger & Bunny at least, so amusing if there's even more.

Originally posted by cress2000 View Post
              Anyway, I really like this show so far. Having trouble deciding if I like it more than Gosick, but other than that and Madoka, I definitely like it more than anything else I saw from the previous season.
              I'm in agreement there. In all, I think this season seems poised to be a good bit better in general than last season. Madoka Magica was the only thing that (eventually) got me really excited, and Gosick about the only other thing high up there that didn't get to disappointing me at some point. There seem to be a good number of potential hits this season that I like more than most everything from the previous season, though. Hopefully they continue to live up to that potential, particularly this series.

Comment

Originally posted by Fencedude View Post
                Naruko shows even more hair styles, with a nice twin braids look. Her default...handlebars are really her worst look.
                Yeah, her alternate styles have been nicer even if her default if cute too. I really liked the braids. I wonder if we will continue to get more throughout the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Fencedude View Post
                  We get a better look at Tsuruko and Yukiatsu this episode. One comes out looking better, the other...not so much.

Yeah, those handlebars looks like a reject hairstyle from an unused MaiHime character design. Almost turned me off the show except Menma is so cute and gets me all teary eye everytime she's aware of her death :-(

Comment

Yup, Yukiatsu is an asshole. And an absolute weirdo!

Nice to see the group, sans-Yukiatsu, slowly start to bond with each other.

Comment

Episode 5

Well, the gang dealt with Yukiatsu's "hobby" much better than I expected. And Anaru starts to acknowledge she might have feelings for Jinta. God, I hope she bitches those two "friends" out before the series is over.
                      My animé & figure collections
                      Hummingbird
                      || Tweeterings
                      XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Epiosde 2

Jinta, there's nothing wrong with Menma in a towel. In fact, it's all kinds of right! What?

Nokemon? Now I've heard everything. Ok, my only real experience with the series Pokemon is seeing some of the cartoons, which I stopped watching for various reasons.

Considering the depressing nature of the first episode, this episode was more hopeful than I might have expected. Probably a good thing since there are only 11 episodes to work with.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                          Poppo sees a ghost, but Menma says she has been at home all day. Hmm. Then, when Yukiatsu turns up to the barbeque, he also says he has seen Menma...
                          Which makes for a fun scenario. Even more so if no one is lying and none of it is a result of "going crazy" because that would be... Just a second, Menma is being noisy. What? I thought everyone saw fictional anime girls. On another note, it's amusing to have Menma search for Menma.

Comment

I have no idea what to say about the scene near the end. I'm trying to decide if the fact it's so specific makes it worse or not.

I suppose I need to focus on other things like Naruko being hot. *Looks for images of her* Darn it. She's one of those characters that gets the disgusting images way too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Tenshi Hinanai View Post
                              She's one of those characters that gets the disgusting images way too much.
                              On that matter, it doesn't help the poor girl that she was nicknamed "Anaru"...

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X